dharok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question weighing portions before or after cooking??

This might seem like a dumb question, but should I weigh my serving sizes prior to or after cooking it?? It seems to me that weighing before cooking makes more sense, because the portion would lose water -- and therefore weight -- the longer it is cooked. . .

But on the other hand, I could see it being the other way around as well. . .

Billy Ocean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    weigh your food after its cooked since thats the weight your consuming.
    A young ***** holdin big face foldin
    Pimps are known for catching runaways
    A good hustler's known to keep his gun away
    First ***** run up and try to jack mine,
    first ***** **** up to get flat lined

5'11
    7% bf

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weigh it before, especially if it's carb foods that absorb water when cooked, such as rice or oatmeal.

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, it depends. Things where you add water (i.e. oats, oat bran, etc.) are best measured "dry." However, for most other foodstuffs, there are nutrition facts and data for both raw and cooked versions. Either way, you'll be able to find nutrition data.
    Unstoppable Confidence

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

dharok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I should have mentioned that I was asking about weighing meat specifically. Pasta and rice should be weighed prior to cooking, vegetables should be weighed prior to cooking, but meat and fish I am unsure about.

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Either way will work, as there is nutrition info available for both raw and cooked. However, it might be more accurate to measure prior to cooking, as water content will vary after cooking relative to how long you cook the meat/fish for. I tend to cook in bulk, so I always just measure my meats cooked.
    Unstoppable Confidence