Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: newbie to creatine

Originally posted by tonutzda2@veriz
    ======================================= "AST Micronized Creatine, 1000 grams" Shipped From: FL
    =======================================

just bought this today im very new to this im 37 years of age and have a bit of a tire around my waist that im trying get rid of.can you tell me on a caustious note
    how i can take this to get the best results.I read all the post here but im getting a bit leary on the turning to fat and 900000 gazillion grams thingy lol.also im very new to workingout should i see some good results im 208 lbs now and 5'11.also if i have no other chose but to take this stuff twice a day which it states on the bottle with some juice for best effects as far as getting insulin up and running to jam this creatine into my muscle baby!will i get fatterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Take the creatine with Dextrose only after your workout. Take the Creatine by itself with water when you first wake up. Always count you all your calories. Don't skimp on yur workout. It is only an hour and you should give it all you got. Spread your workout into 3 days with Cardio being on the other three days. Which this will leave your seventh day open. This is ok. God even says we should take a rest day :-)
    I am sure that after all your research you have come to the conclusion that if you really want this you do have to eat a clean diet. You cannot sit around eating cupcakes and ice cream. It just will not work. Mixing the creatine with all that will actually make you fat.
    I hope this helps you some and if you need any more help just ask.
    Love yourself and you can love others
    Patience is a virtue

crxspeedemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much Creatine?

I was wondering how much creatine I should take and when? I usually work-out at 3 or 4. I eat lunch at 12, and I eat breakfast at 7. I want to best gains I can get. Can someone tell me? Also I need to know what I need to eat and when. For example, carbs before my workout. Can someone help?
    Water is your friend :)
    ------------------------------------------------
    "It is time. The time to leave all your happiness outside this door. The time to bring in all your troubles, all your fear, and all your anger and harness them inside your soul. It is time to enter the war room. Time to put on a serious face and state of mind. Gentlemen,
    IT'S TIME TO LIFT!"

TriniStallion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a question.

Is the loading phase necessary, or can I skip it? I've never taken creatine before and I'm gonna start in a few days (waiting for it to arrive).

tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tone-n-up has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is some awesome literature from Big Cat.......

How should I use creatine?

The most frequently asked question about creatine is whether or not to load. It's not nescessary, but I don't see why you wouldn't. You could potentially up the gains by 30 percent and will start seeing results much sooner. By over-saturating the area surrounding the muscle the body's need for homeostasis will try to equalize the normal ratio of things and increase the amount within the muscle. So loading is beneficial.

How should you load? Well the official recommendation is 0.08 grams per pound of bodyweight and nothing further, but let's be honest here, most of us who've used it have fared better with the 20-25 grams in a loading phase, either in two evenly spaced doses or 3 doses. I usually suggest 3x7 for 5 days. Do you have to load for 5 days? No. You could get as much out of 4 or 6 days, 3 is cutting it short and 7 or more is pissing away money, because at that point you're no longer absorbing more than 7-10 grams. After that most people say to use 5 grams per day. I just hinted at the fact that you can still absorb 7-10 grams when you take it correctly, so I'd say 10 grams is a better choice. You'd absorb at least 7 and the extra helps to maintain the homeostasis effect I told you about. Two doses of 5 grams makes the most sense, and taking them at the most anabolic of moments makes even more sense. Take one dose in the morning when your body is starved and takes in anything it gets and take one dose immediately after training, when the muscle is pulling all its resources together to recuperate the damages. Taking it in more doses will only wear down the receptors faster and shortchange your gains.

Of course, the last of the frequently asked questions is how long to take it. Well, it's safe to use it continually for years, but you should really cycle. Receptors tend to downgrade and become less effective with time. Giving them a rest makes sense. Some say to cycle on for 6 weeks, others for 8, but then I hear these things about people who stop after six weeks, while they were still gaining. That's stupidity. Don't stop as long as you are gaining. After that, take a good 4 weeks off, maybe a bit longer if you are older, to give the receptors a chance
    Last edited by MsFit; 01-13-2004 at 08:30 AM.
    Patience is a virtue

fitgrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

REALLY NEED ADVICE ON CREATINE!!!

Hello,
    I've been working out for 14 years. I'm not into body building, but recently I decided to try and gain a little bit more definition. I started on protein shakes a few months ago, but now realized that I wasn't drinking enough. I have only been drinking a 6oz glass after a weight workout and that was it. I found out recently how much protein I should be taking in and it is way more then what I've been consuming.
    I also recently bought some creatine powder. (keep in mind, I know very little about this stuf) Anyway, the can says to take 1 1/2 teaspoons 3 or 4 times a day. My question is this..... do you take protein shakes and creatine on the days you weight train or even on days you do cardio?? This is what is confusing me the most. I just figured out how much creatine I should take through this web site. It says I should take the following:
    Week 1: 4 tsps.
    Week 2-4 1 1/2 tsp
    Week 5 - off no creatine
    Week 6 4 tsp
    Week 7 1 1/2 tsp.
    Week 8-10 Off no creatine
    REPEAT CYCLE

So does this sound right? if so, what exactly is it that I would be doing by using this cycle?
    I am female that is 5'7 and I weight 123. I took my fat percentage and it says it is really high around 24% I don't look fat, but according to what they tell me... 24% is high!
    I am looking to get some real nice definition, not a big upper body, but some growth would be great!
    If I can get any advice on this stuff it would be really great. Thanks for any feedback.
    Michelle
    ~~pain is just weakness leaving the body~~

tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonutzda2@veriz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i take mine right after my workout with a glass of oj 8oz's

as far as the loading goes everyone has an opinion on how many times you should take.

loading helps fill the muscles quicker to give you faster results.
    after the loading phase you do a maintainance of once of twice a day.

hope that helps in the simpliest way that i can.

good luck

one other thing the juice that you take it with increases the insulin which carries the creatine into the muscle cells.ergo fuller stronger muscles!

some people use dextrose to give you the maxium spike of insulin.
    dextrose(sugar).
    bye
    Hard work pays off.Lift big or go home :)
    PART OF THE RANTER BOYZ CLUB
    nothin but a peanut. yo buddyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    my stats page[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=531985[/url]

scoochydawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have decided to purchase Prolab Creatine, when i look at online shops there seems to be 2 different Prolab creatines?

Which one is the better one, wich one is the creapure?
    And what are the best online supp shops, with best deals.

help me.

The one that says "creapure" on the front label is the one that you want. I am not even sure if that makes a difference. You could also look at the ingredients and the rest of the labeling to see if it says creapure someplace else on the bottle or if it even says micronized.
    Last edited by MsFit; 01-13-2004 at 08:30 AM.
    Patience is a virtue

junkymanguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

Im looking to lose weight but had a couple of questions that I hoped you guys could answer for me ? Im currently 191lbs and am 5'10, Id love to get my weight down to 160lbs but have another 25-28lbs of muscle for a total of 185-190lbs. I work out 6 days a week working out various body parts every other day at a gym and come home to do cardio on the stationary bike for 35 mins at anywhere between 12-15mph making that about 550 or so calories. I keep my calorie intake at 2100-2300 a day and take in about 180 grams of protein daily as well as taking "xenadryne efx" daily . I purchased some creatine and wasnt quite sure whether to use it or not since I did want to get big and had read that the muscle burns calories to begin with and used it for 3 weeks. I understand it adds mass to my body but I jumped up to 199 within 2 weeks of using it , now can I accomplish my goal I stated earlier and keep using creatine adding more muscle and that burning my fat getting me to my goal or would I just end up getting muscle but still having fat on my body? Or should I just lose the fat first and get down to 160-165lbs and then use the creatine/protein to get up to 190lbs with muscle?? I hope I dont sound stupid in asking you this , I know it takes 3500 calories to burn 1lb and would appreciate it if you could help me out. I was taking the creatine but had gotten kinda big and was afraid i would still have alot of fat on my body but muscle also. So should I just lose the fat first and then gain the muscle afterwords? If it helps I was lifting heavy weights using the creatine at 3 sets of 7 reps each. I stopped using the creatine this past week and am lifting lighter weights with more reps per set. Thanks for your time.

PS. Also im going into my 2nd week of lifting weights at more reps but light weights but having noticed any difference in a loss of weight. I posted this in another thread but no one gives a damn posting any info, what is wrong with everyone? This is supposed to be the definitive forum/site on bodybuilding yet no one says or replies at all?

I used creatine as well and I am trying to lose weight. For me I like using it because it helps me to see my progress in my muscles. You may want to up your cardio. I would say do some light jogging/running or even kick boxing. You need something that really gets your heart rate up. I myself think that to ride the stationary bike is not enough cardio. If you carry your weight in your lower half don't put treadmills at an incline. This will also cause you to bulk. And of course one of the most important things with excercise is that you need to drink lots of water. I drink 4 - 1 liter bottles of water a day. Aside from going pee all day, I think I can actually drink more. As far as your calories go, take your weight x 10 and let that be your calories prer day. That should take you to 1910 calories. I would not jump there right away. I would drop 25 - 50 cal a week until you get to that number. This way you do not shock your body and cause yourself to store fat. If you start to lose more than 2 lbs in a week I would raise the calories up a little. If you lose to fast you will more than likely start to lose your muscle and gain fat. I am guessing this is not what you want. So as far as using the creatine, I think that it is ok as long as you have your calories, cardio,weights and water in check. Hope this helps to give you a little more direction. Let me know if you need any more help.
    Patience is a virtue

Yea i have like 15% body fat, and im trying to get rid of that, And i started creatine today, willi be able to lose body fat while on creatine.........

Creatine has nothing really to do with gaining or losing BF. If you follow my suggestions from above, you should do just fine. Good for you on the 15% bf as well. That is really good. The creatine will only fill you out more so that you can see more of your muscle tone. You could go ahead and do a cycle of the creatine, and then when you are off you can see the difference again without using it and judge for yourself if you like it or not.
    I am not sure which creatine you are using, but I would recomend using a micronized version. AST or Prolab are inexpensive and great products. I did not get the bloated feeling from either of these. And I would recomend using dextrose or gatorade powder to mix it with. Mentally grape juice is just not my choice. As bodybuilders grape juice is really not an option.
    Patience is a virtue

I got Prolab, creapure.

Where do I pick up dextrose? And will these sugary drinks make me fat?

I order my dextrose on line at www.bodybuilding.com. I do this because I am stationed in Germany. You could try the health food stores or maybe even GNC.

You only use the dextrose post workout with the creatine. It will help to shuttle the creatine into your muscles. I would say 20 - 30 grams would be enough.
    Last edited by MsFit; 01-13-2004 at 07:57 AM.
    Patience is a virtue

crxspeedemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got a question....I am taking 4g of Prolab's Creatine 4 times a day. Currently I am on my first loading phase. I put it in a bottle thing, along with some grape juice, I shake it up and it fizzes or bubbles. I drink it and it seems like all the powder is in the fiz. I try water and it seems as though the powder stays in the glass. I have to rinse a bunch of times. What do I do? Should I put grape juice and 16g in the blinder and then drink the exact amount 4 times a day?

Also....

I am drinking about a gallon of water a day. It seems like since I took creatine I am having to pee more often and for a lot longer. I mean I don't have to pee very bad and I stand there at the toilet forever. What's up?
    Water is your friend :)
    ------------------------------------------------
    "It is time. The time to leave all your happiness outside this door. The time to bring in all your troubles, all your fear, and all your anger and harness them inside your soul. It is time to enter the war room. Time to put on a serious face and state of mind. Gentlemen,
    IT'S TIME TO LIFT!"

just take the creatine with your dextrose/grape juice only after your workout. The other times you take it with water. I suggest you look at some of Big Cat's articles. He has great reading material on creatine. If you use grape juice more than once a day, you will add fat for sure.
    Patience is a virtue

JCKey618 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started loading with creatine exactly a week ago yesterday (April 22, 2003) and loaded for a total of 5 days, but I still see no results! What gives? During loading, I drank like 1.5-2 gallons of water per day.

Ok, during my loading phase I took 4 servings a day and now I just take 2 servings. Another thing that I think might be the problem is the serving size. It says one teaspoon is 5g. WTF? It doesn't say whether it should be heaping or level or rounded or what. I don't know whether I'm taking in only 3g or as much as 10g everytime I take a teaspoon out.

Also, I'm using AST micronized Creatine. And I would like to stress again that I drank a lot of water (a lot for me, anyway) during loading and I still drink a considerable amount.

Also, is there a way to tell if I loaded with creatine successfully?

Am I just too impatient? Should it take more than 8 days (that's how long I've been on creatine) to see results? What kind of results should I be looking for? Any help is appreciated.

BTW, it's my first time ever taking creatine.

Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100) Kaner is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally posted by JCKey618

BTW, it's my first time ever taking creatine.
    I also take AST's creatine. The teaspoon thing also baffled me at first... I didn't know how much I was taking till I finished my first 250 gram creatine jar. Anyway, I think it's better to mistake and take a bit more than you need than a little less. I take a full teaspoon that's a little heaping (not much, but not flat anyway).

I think you should see results after 8 days. I do a loading period of 5 days 21 gram each (3X7g). I definitely see results after completing even just the loading phase. Last time I went on creatine was a little after I started cutting. I lost some weight on my bench. I took creatine after not touching it for more than a month and then gained more than 10% the current bench (bringing me to more than I could bench at the peak of bulking).
    This was just after the loading phase as far as I can remember.

Anyway, some people are rumored not to respond to creatine, so you might want to look into that.

mic19790 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive been having a 6x5g creatine load every saturday 4 the past 3weeks on a keto "carb up" takin a break from it during the week.i need to know how much water i'd be expected 2 b holdin thus far??

.BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

gatorade or Water supplemtation for creatine

Heard so much different things on the two, just wondering what is best for supplementation when taking creatine?
    Last edited by .BrokeN.; 05-05-2003 at 03:50 PM.

Re: gatorade or Water supplemtation for creatine

Originally posted by .BrokeN.
    Heard so much different things on the two, just wondering what is best for supplementation when taking creatine?

Dextrose is the all around best.
    Patience is a virtue

Supawood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In Big Cat's article about creatine, he states that the best, most cost efficient way of taking creatine was with orange juice. He states that Dextrose is good, but is expensive. Any thoughts?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catcrea.htm

There is the link to his article. Why do so many people recommend dextrose?

Ive been using creatine now for 10 days, loaded for 5, Prolab Creapure, I dont notice a thing yet, should i? Should I give it more time and see what happens, like a month or so?? I hope IM not a non responder...that will suck.........lemme know...

thanks

re42674 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine the pinnacle of supplements?

Is creatine considered to be the best supplement to increase muscle and strength? If not, what is(legally)?

junkyarddog51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cell tech alternitive

i was reading up on cell tech and found it is highly NON recommended!..lol

i read a couple of people saying u just should do this and this and make your own cell tech for way cheaper with better results...

only prob is they didnt clarify what......

will some1 please clear this up for my cause i'll go do it today

they said buy some creatine and dextrose or some other stuff....
    im not really sure....will some1 jus respond to this and tell me if
    u know and dont say "SEARCH!!!"

if u know the answer i would jus like to know, it would take me
    hours of reading to find out.....so the answer would be greatly appreciated by me and my wallet

~respekt
    im intense when tension tences my intenstin's and clenches the "essence of messages" kick'd from the entrances of hip hop to where the exit-is.......~mc CANrock(mE)

when i ran-in wit the canon,
    ya head was slammin' on the
    floor while ya body was still standin!
    ~mc CANrock(me)

wit the firearms im toten,
    i'll leave ya frame explode'n
    twice as fast as it was close'n
    in a "rewind motion"!!
    ~mc CANrock(me)

area51
    100% hip hop
    flint michigan

NeedToBulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been taking Creatine this way for a while now:

Mix two heaping scoops of Prolab Creapure into 3 cups of milk along with 4 scoops of Protein, sometime Whey and Soy other times just Whey depending on what I have in house.

I make this up the night before and then drink 1/4 of it in morning, 1/2 of it after I workout lifting or doing HIIT and then the rest of it later on in the day.

I take it from reading all this thread and also some the links that I should probably:

Take the creatine after workout in a glass of grape juice and that it is not good to let it sit in the milk over night as it will not be as potent? And also I should make sure I am taking 5mg after my workout?

notyet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine and Glutamine

Hey, I take Creatine and Glutamine...and had read in one of Big Red's articles:

- That they should not be taken less than 2 hours of eachother.

Then somewhere or maybe the same place, I read:

- Glutamine before workout, Creatine after workout

Recently, I read somewhere:

- Taking Glutamine and Creatine together is O.K. and when you take either of them does not matter: except glutamine should be taken after workout too

Now...a few questions to clear some things up:

What's true and what's not?
    Is it ok and more beneficial to MIX Glutamine and Creatine?
    Is it more beneficial to make a seperate drink for each and drink them at seperate times?

Paul15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paul15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paul15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paul15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paul15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Paul15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I missed taken creatine for 2 days?well i lose any strengh

006 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm thinking about buying a creatine product in the near future. I know i won't be able to work out daily, and it says I'm supposed to take Creatine DAILY... is it really necessary to take Creatine if you're not working out on a certain day?

vmm16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how much is 5 grams? is it a 70cc scoop?

i didnt get a scoop or nething in my creatine, from higher power.On the instructions it says to take 5 g or watever. so my friend gave me a 70cc scoop. Is this scoop 5 grams or more?? it looks pretty big! or should i just stick to a teaspoon?