Page 1 of 123 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Joan's Journal..Continued Dedication, 2008

Happy New Year, 2007!

I am starting off the this year with a goal of entering a March 31st Competition.
    I have competed in the past, and have done fairly well.
    I enjoy and love the dedication and hard work it takes to become strong, healthy, lean, and achieve a contest physique.
    I hope for this comp I am able to come in with more mass and being able to place top five.

My training will start off with a compound movement of 8-10 reps then super-set with isolation exercises
    3-4 exercises for each muscle group.
    I may change as I go along depending how I feel about this type of training, and how I think I am progressing.
    Also, I don't know how super-setting will fare well with other members of the gym...I will play it by ear.
    But it is a good start for contest prep.

My diet has been good to me currently so far.... so not too much of a change...exect for a couple things.
    Instead of carbloading for a whole day, I will have a 'Carb-Up Meal' twice a week.
    Having a whole day made me feel really uncomfortable, bloated, off-balanced, and puffy.
    I will add fruit to meal one.
    and fat (almonds) to meal two.

Along with food I will be taking TRAC, BCAA,Whey Protein Powder, B-Complex and Clacium w/magnesium, zinc.

My diet will basiclly look something like this:
    Meal #1
    Protein
    Carb
    Fruit

Meal #2
    Protein
    Carb
    Veggie
    Almonds

Meal #3
    Protein
    Veggies

Meal #4
    Protein
    (Veggies somedays)

Meal #5
    Protein
    Veggies

Meal #6
    Protein
    Almonds

Carb-Up meals will be twice a week.

I will keep this diet for about 4 weeks and see how I am doing along with training.
    In addition to above...I will be eating CC (1/2c each in meal #2 and #6)
    I will probably drop the CC 8 weeks out and the carbs in meal #1 and #2.

*This is a basic plan...could change as I go along.

Here are my stats, along with pictures, taken this morning.(I have a lot to work on )
    My stats, flexed:

Height- 5'0"

Weight- 100lbs

Biceps- 11 1/4

Chest- 34 1/4

Waist- 26

Delts- 15 1/2

Quads- 18

Calf- 11 3/4
    Attached Images
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here are pictures of my legs also taken today.
    I've taken and posted two pics of legs, to show the different lighting and how it makes a difference of appearance.
    Kind of freaky...in the one you can see every vein/vessel in my legs.
    (btw, my legs need work )
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Buffycat3; 01-01-2007 at 04:19 AM.
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, the new journal has arrived for the new year 2007 - HAPPY NEW YEAR and HAPPY BUILDING too!!! You look absolutely fantastic in your photos! Your plan looks great too in terms of diet and workouts - though I did sneak a peek at your thoughts in the other journal about what you are doing

I know that this year is going to be a GREAT one - how could it not be with you being in the first year of your 40th birthday ... it is the new 20!!!
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing well!

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Joan!!! I'm sure you feel like it's such a fresh, clean start w/ new goals, a new year and a new journal!! Can't wait to see where this takes you! Where is your comp by the way? I'd love to come!!!

Thank you Moisy and Tara I am so happy you have come along with me, I could use your support and friendship

Tara, The comp will be in Lakewood, Ohio:
    The 2007 "Vyotech Nutritionals" NPC NATURAL OHIO (open) DRUG TESTED BODYBUILDING & FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS is being held on March 31st.

http://www.daveliberman.com/index.html

moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000) moisy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Me again ... I was just looking at the location and if I can swing it, I may even come down to see you compete. Cleveland is not that far from Toronto and it might make a nice weekend getaway - and a great opportunity to meet you and see you compete . I will have to see as the time gets closer!
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing well!

remonb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look so amazing in the photos....and so young for your age. I will be following you along in your journal. Hopefully, one day I'll be in the shape you are in. Good luck on your road to the competition!!!! Happy New Year..

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happy New Year Joan! I see a great year ahead!!

So excited for your new journal!
    Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    I have competed in the past, and have done fairly well.
    ...and you will continue to do so!

Here are my stats, along with pictures, taken this morning.(I have a lot to work on )

Hardly You (as always) look fantastic. You really have added some nice muscle density. Just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

I've taken and posted two pics of legs, to show the different lighting and how it makes a difference of appearance.
    That darn lighting...I totally hear you on this! Can be extremely frustrating!!

Diet ? (I know I had more, but brain is still sleeping *shhhh* )

What is the makeup of your carb up meals (p, f, and carbs?)?

I hope you had a wonderful NYE with your family and wish you loads of great things (and muscle) in 2007!!!

(BTW...I was in Hot Topic the other day, wishing you were with me Found the cutest top!!! Oh the chaos we could create in that store )
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Dreaming my life away.... emmie's Avatar
    emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) emmie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi Joan - I will be transfering my lurking habits from your old journal right into your new one . Good luck - no doubt you will be VERY successful in achieving you goals....and placing well in your competition!

- Emma
    Please call me Emma....

rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR JOAN!!! First off your going to KICK ASS at the comp in March! Second off YOUR LOOKING GREAT!! Damn at all those veins in your legs! I will definetly be following you(your journal) this year !

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here are pictures of my legs also taken today.
    (btw, my legs need work )
    hahaha....let me see your tatoos...Joan, you are a character. You have this rocker side to you that is very fun to see!

Your legs look great...makes me realize how screwed I am, if you need work, oye.

Gosh, I am so excited that you have a new journal! Heres to a great new year of you kicking ass and taking names!

I am going to start paying closer attention to what you do to prep....so give us details. Not that I didnt look before.....but its starting to make more sense, if that makes any damn sense.

Keep that head high woman!!! You are awesome!
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AgeRage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wishing you lots of health and happiness!!
    "Strong, pure and happy thoughts build up the body in vigor and grace."
    - James Allen

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

www.mymonavie.com/proverb16
    Best product I have found that is a way to get your fruit, great for an active lifestyle, and VERY macro friendly..........not to mention an amazing opportunity

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    HERE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!
    I think I posted in the WRONG THREAD!!!

I'm with BEANS .. we are all going to pay attention to what you are doing because JOAN .............. WOWZA .. YOU JUST ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT A BODY WOMAN!!!!!!

ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A new journal how exciting, I'm going to have to research where Lakewood is mmmm.... I'm not too familiar with OHIO. Happy New Year!!
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

Alite Tanning & Fitness
    www.alitetanningfitness.com
    CPT-NASM, CES -NASM, USAW Sports Performance Coach, NQ Figure Competitor, NPC Judge

nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you look great and i wish you the best 2007 from NYC
    Current Logs
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119069591
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119069081

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I'm so happy you all came to my journal.

One thing I learned about keeping a journal, is not only is it a great, and sensible way to keep track of w/os, food, progression, ect. It is also a chance to meet and become friends with so many like-minded people.
    People who can relate to the lifstyle of bodybuilding and give constructive critisism and support

Moisy... That would be so wonderful if you were to be able to get-away the day of the comp. It would be awesome to get a chance to meet you. *crosses fingers*

Remonb... I am happy you joined in. Thanks for the compliment! I hope I don't dissapoint.
    With dertmination and the drive, you CAN achieve your personal body goal. So if you want a particular body-appearance, you can get it!

Tricia...Thanks gf !! Your opinion means sooo much to me.
    LOL !!You and me in Hot Topic? I am imagining right now what we would do there togeter....*evil laugh* for one thing we'd be there for hours.
    Did you buy the top...would love to see it.
    My carb-up meal will consist of about 50P/90C/10F
    Protien would be egg whites, chicken, or fish.
    Carbs, Sweet Potato, Brown Rice, Winter Squash.
    (did I answer you correct?)
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Emmie...Thank you for the encouragement...that means a whole lot to me.
    I will be sure to visit you in your journal...can never have too many bbing friends!

Pam...I certianly want to "Kick Ass" this year...and I will definatly Try to achieve the 'ass-kicking' LOL
    Thanks for your support in my efforts, coming from you, your opinion means more than I can say. HNY!

Serine...Come on now!...Lets keep OUR heads high, woman!
    You must give yourself more credit..geesh!
    Thanks for the boost of confidence...I see myself, and I see needing improvement, then I hear your comps and I have to look again, thanks for that
    Is your head up yet??

Adrienne...Same to you, hun! Let us make 2007 fun and prosperous!

Barbie...LOL you did it again..you made me smile The way you say your compliments are wonderful. Thanks for joining me on another ride of bbing dreams!!

Tina...Thanks for joining in my second journal, it wouldn't be the same without you
    Lakewood is east of Cleveland....there are directions on the website I posted earlier.

Nycste...Thank You! And the very best to you too in this new year!
    Last edited by Buffycat3; 01-01-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happy 2007 my dear Joan! You already look absolutely fabulous, I cannot imagine how awesome you will look come March!
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50) giuliagoolia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just wanted to pop in and say Hi I've read through some of your '06 Journal and woman you ROCK, your wo's are BADA$$!

and I'm excited to follow along as you prep for the March show, you already look absolutely stunning

wish health and happiness to you and yours in 2007
    My Events:
    1. Tour de Prairie Century. bike ride--June-07
    I DID IT....100miles of road...3500ft total gain/loss...on my mountain bike FTW!
    2. Mountain Madness 1/2 marathon--July/07
    Done,time sucked..but I wasn't last *helpful tip: not good to do sprint intervals day b-4 1/2 marathon.

Next up:
    3. Mt. Werner 5mi vertical (2,180ft) run Aug/07
    4. Jelm Mountain 11mi run--Sept/07 (I WILL conquer the mountain this year!)

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    YEAH!!!! A new journal to focus on all the exciting 2007 things!!!!

First off, your pics absolutely rock Joan....you say your body needs a lot of work...all I can see is all the hard work you have put into it and how amazing it looks!!!! You are way to hard on yourself, but I understand that is part of wanting to do better!!! I think you look contest ready right now!!! I cannot even imagine how fantastic you will look by March!!!

I look forward to reading all about your new adventure/challenge!!! YEAH!

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow joan, you have freaking awesome legs!! you are the most vascular person i know too!! incredible.
    National Competitor

SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SNSTerp79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Arghhh... I want that cut down the middle of my chest! (stomps feet)

What?! No veggies for breakfast? Joan, you're slipping. haha Fruit for breakfast is like dessert sometimes. Ahhh... simple pleasures.

Place in the top 5? Does that mean you know they'll have more than 5 people? (Half serious and half smart allec) So sad there aren't more bb women willing to try your category.

You and Tricia with the cute underwear are silly! Between you and Tara with the crazy pics, I've had some good smiles so far tonight.
    Sasha
    a.k.a. SNSTerp79

Note New Journal Title: Flab & Fluff to Fit & Firm

ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Joan, you always have the most incredible things to say very nice. I can can only hope to be as nice in the New Year Just popping in to say hi
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

Alite Tanning & Fitness
    www.alitetanningfitness.com
    CPT-NASM, CES -NASM, USAW Sports Performance Coach, NQ Figure Competitor, NPC Judge

mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000) mcj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi! I'm unlurking now, to say you look awesome. I popped into your other journal from time to time, i'm always so amazed with how dedicated you are and how awesome you look!!!

I'll be following along!!!! HAPPY 2007!!!!!

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Back to the gym today?

Yep, you answered my ? about the carb up. Sounds sensible(as always).

Ass kicking? Can I have in too

(I did answer the HT ? in my journal...but again, nope. Did not get the top. The line was out the door (no joke). I will be back. Want to go ?)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey Joan. Of course I'll be following along for the new journal and contest prep. I just love reading about you and your family and all of your inspiring dedication to this lifestyle.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Day One ..Back In The Gym!

I've been anticipating and anxious to start my new training program for contest prepping.
    I took two days off for rest before I began...it was a good rest.

As I mentioned in the beginning of this new journal my training will start off with a compound movement of 8-10 reps then super-set with isolation exercises
    3-4 exercises for each muscle group.

Since I have a day-off of work today, I was able to get to the gym in the morning.
    I was wondering how super-setting would go well with other members...there were only a few members wing/o today, so it wasn't a problem ( And I don't think it would become too problemsome when I go back to evening w/os)

This w/o felt GREAT! I loved it!

BACK
    Smith Partial Dead Lifts
    175: 10
    165: 10-10-9

Pull-Ups
    BW: 10-9-8-9
    Super-Set W/Close Grip Cable Pulls
    90: 10-10-9-8
    Whew!

Bent-Over BB Row (reverse grip)
    105: 10-10-10-10

BICEPS
    BB Curls
    50: 10-8
    40: 10-10
    Super-Set W/DB Hammer Curls
    20: 10-9-9-9
    BURN!

DB Incline Curls
    25: 9
    20: 10-10-10

ABS
    Decline Crunch
    Hanging Leg Raise
    Reverse Crunch
    3x To Failure

CARDIO
    TM
    ELP
    For 25 min in AM

My thoughts for today w/o...SUPER! and intense!

Lou...HI!! It's great to see you here! Happy 2007! I see you aren't feeling well, my prayers you get well fast. Thank you for the compliment, you are kind.

giuliagoolia...Thank you for joining me in my contest prep. And thanks for the compliment and encouragement....comming from you ( and your gorgeous back ) this is a high compliment! Best wishes to you.

Sheri...*waves* I am so happy you are here supporting me. I hope I can come in with more lean mass for this comp....and you are right about being hard on oursleves...it's the only way to become our best!

Teresa....I am almost blushing. Thanks! Your opinion means a great deal to me. Thanks for being here for me, and your support.

Sasha...I love the cut in my chest, it's one of the few I am proud of lol.
    Nope LOL No veggies for breakfast (damn!) but I am loving the grapefruit just the same.
    You're actually right...I have no idea how many competitors there will be. I don't understand why more women don't compete...I Want A Challenge! LOL
    We will see...hoping so.
    So happy to make you smile...stay tuned.

MCJ... Welcome!! Wow this is great you are unlurking...and I am glad you lurked in my other journal. Now I can get some good tips from you.
    Thanks for the kind words...I really want to do well at this comp. Take Care

Tricia...Yeaaa! I am back at it and soooo happy. It feels good to start a new program, I am gonna really push this one.
    Do you really think the carb-up is good? I trust you I think it will be good...but time will tell.
    Wow, out the door, huh? Popular place.
    I love it in HT I feel 'comfortable' in there...I have been to Authentic Gothic Shops, I like them best. (just too far away to frequent)

Leah...Hey I am happy you are coming along...I could really use your support and opinions, as you have done so before.

Oh, look at the time...Time To Eat
    Take Care Y'all!!

rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10) rockenmama is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    way to kick ass!! Oh LOVE THE bottoms you were wearing in your pictures! Oh enjoy your day off!
    Last edited by rockenmama; 01-02-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: wasn't finished lol

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi Joan! Or should I say Aloha! I'm so happy to follow along in your journey to another contest!

Great workout and your meal plans sound awesome! Another muscle mission!! Woo Hoo.

I can't wait to get back to the gym on Friday!!
    Julia

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    'nother new journal

one day i'm going to look like you-uuuu . . .
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great Workout to start the year off with, that is for sure!
    ARe you doing any supplements like NO or anything like that?
    National Competitor