Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BodyPoints: 26115
    tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit tranceaddict's BodySpace

Question How Many Days Rest Between Workouts?

eg Chest/Triceps before Back/Biceps

is 1 day sufficient for full recovery?

i was told 4 days at the minimum

Stats: 6'1", 295 lbs
    BodyPoints: 18792
    Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dominik has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Dominik's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
    eg Chest/Triceps before Back/Biceps

is 1 day sufficient for full recovery?

i was told 4 days at the minimum
    There are some general guidelines out there, but you've got to experiment to find what works best. In my experience...

The lower back and quads take the longest time to recover so I'll only train them every 3-4 days. Heavy deadlifting only once a week to accommodate heavy squats. I like to have at least 3 days between back and chest workouts, and two days between everything else.

It also depends a lot on how hard you train a certain muscle group. For example with a dedicated arm workout involving a lot of sets you might find you need more than 2 days before working them again.

I'd also recommend you structure your workouts so that any direct arm work you do for the tris and bis doesn't interfere with the rest of your upper body work. If you're doing an arm workout on a Monday for example and chest or back on a Wednesday but find because of arm fatigue you're struggling to make gains on presses, rows, etc., then do the arm work a couple of days after those workouts, in the same workout, or throw in an extra rest day.

BodyPoints: 26115
    tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) tranceaddict is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit tranceaddict's BodySpace
    here's my routine structure, not traditional but HIT routine:

Workout One: Chest & Back

*****3 days rest*******

Workout Two: Legs + Abs

********3 days rest**********

Workout Three: Shoulders & Arms

********3 days rest**********

Workout Four: Legs + Abs

*******3 days rest**********

repeat cycle

BodyPoints: 5910
    LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LordHalbert is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit LordHalbert's BodySpace
    Here's my routine which works pretty good for me:

Day 1: Cardio, Chest
    Day 2: Cardio, Triceps
    Day 3: Cardio, Legs (quads and hams)
    Day 4: Cardio, Back
    Day 5: Cardio, Biceps
    Day 6: Cardio, Shoulders
    Day 7: Cardio (no weights)

It's pretty basic but covers most muscle groups.