consilience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) consilience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) consilience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) consilience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) consilience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) consilience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) consilience has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lower back pain from squat - need advice!

I've read the squat section from starting strength several times.

Whenever I do the squat either I have to lean forward, but keep my back straight (in the normal anatomical position, not bent either way)

or

I bend my back inwards (towards belly), but not have to lean over.

I know it's bad to lean forward, but when I try it that way I get lower back pain. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. My hip and feet placement are fine.

New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) New_Kid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try stretching your hammies and working on lower back strength.

cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    did you watch the vids?

Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you doing dead lifts? Do you use a belt?
    Make sure you work your lower back with hyper extensions to make sure it not so weak that you run into problems.

hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hope27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Leaning

You shouldn't be leaning forward. I would stretch out your hamstrings and your calves before you squat. Tight calves are a reason many people lean forward. What is your stance? How wide are your feet? Lighten up the weight and get the proper form down first. Once you master the form,the weight will come. You might want to ask a more experienced lifter at the gym to help you out with your squat form.
    "Take it one day at time"
    2 X a week leg crew
    S/D/B = 225/250/135
    NEW Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168835873

DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeepSquats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go lighter and work on form. Your gonna hear that from everyone. Also, is it Lower Back Pain or Lower Back Fatigue??? There is a difference...
    Hard Work = Progress

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I say like others have said, work on your lower back and ab strength, core work is very important for squats, some can get away with just squatting and deadlifting for core work, and while they're two of the most important core moves you could do, don't neglect other exercises like weighted situps and hypers.

ALSO, really check your form and make sure your sitting back in between your legs and on your heels.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel