cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

lower back feels a little sore after deadlifts...

...did deadlifts yesterday and I'm feeling a it all in my back, especially in the lower back and traps, is this normal? is there any stretches or something i can do to relieve the soreness? (its more of a sore than a pain)

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you should know the difference between good sore and bad sore... good sore is always good.

cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cellshot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well i was just wondering if there is anything to do to lessen the soreness.

like if my legs were sore from doing squats, i know to at least do something light like going for a walk or riding a bike to get more blood pumped through my legs. wondering if there was something i could do for back

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nothing you can do, i always get sore traps from deadlifts even though i never feel it in my traps, and i get sore in chest in bench press when i feel it in triceps the most

DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe some stretches liek

the superman

crap i forgot a few of their names

the superman i like tho

my lower back get owned when doing squats/deads i can't do em no more
    aka "3XL"

Goal:
    '11 240lbs

Registered User thefifthfreedom's Avatar
    thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50) thefifthfreedom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    youre also working your lower back when youre doing deadlifts. the soreness (not pain) that youre feeling is normal. if you wanna help get more blood into the muscle then get something like a heavy book and do good mornings with it.
    Last edited by thefifthfreedom; 12-30-2006 at 03:05 PM.

corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/Wai...#anchor1945210

look on the right side, theres some stretches
    GOAL: BUILD LEAN MASS
    SUPPLEMENTS: whey protein & creatine mono
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html - exercises
    http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php - food
    http://www.nutritiondata.com - calorie counter
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956 - clean bulking
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=292tc2 - MY MOTIVATION

Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100) Replica is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am have it right now, yeah it's normal. As long as it is not sevre and you're in a lot of pain. My lower back/traps actually have a pump right now from it. Gotta love deads.

haha the soreness has gone away by now. i was really sore this morning...im fine now! thanks for the help guys

get_large has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    after doing deadlifts i feel it the most in my lower back the next day.

~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You shouldn't feel it in your lower back...

There seems to be a lot of people who believe that deadlifts and their many variants are for the...lower back. I am going to disspell this belief right now with a very basic explanation.

Show of hands...the lower back, or more specifically, the spinal erectors, or erector spinae undergo what type of muscular contraction during a deadlift? Anyone? ISOMETRIC. This means there is tension but there is no elongating or shortening of muscle fibers.

During what other compound, free weight movements do the spinal erectors contract isometrically? Anyone? All of them. Unless you are letting your back round and then flex your spine....you lower back should remain neutral at all times...for reasons of safety. When I first started training, a client of mine complained of lower back pain, when we had done no "lower back" work...a friend of mine then taught me..."everything is back work" heh.

Moving on now. What movement takes place in a deadlift? Hip Extension. What muscles are primarily responsible for hip extension? The gluteals and hamstrings (with some help from the erectors, this hip extending trio is sometimes referred to as the Posterior Chain) What muscles undergo the actual eccentric and concentric contraction during a deadlift? The Gluteals and Hamstrings again.

You may ask, "well why do I FEEL it in my lower back so much more?" Well, lots of reasons, all of which are bad lmao. There could be some kind of supercompensation taking place. Poor form. Maybe you have a weak core and it's playing catch up. (do the machines much?) I don't know, I would have to meet you and train you for a bit personally. I will tell you that I do Romanian deadlifts with close to 300lbs for reps without so much as a pump in my lower back now. Perhaps you will have to build up to that point as I have. Who the **** knows.

I hope you all found this informative and entertaining!!!

http://www.extremebodybuilding.net/f...back-legs.html
    Last edited by ~Behemoth~; 12-30-2006 at 06:15 PM.

jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That guy is deep in the red on his forum for a reason...

Isometric excercises do cause soreness, hell, have you ever had to carry something a very long distance? (like a big bucket or something that loaded up your fingers. anything heavy held from a handle or from the bottom) i'll bet your forearms wound up sore afterwards, how much movement did your fingers do? none.

You can keep your back dead straight and get soreness in it. (some people get it in their calves too, just because they are sore doesn't mean you came up on your toes)
    Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one.

Lift the damn weight, and eat the damn food. It's as hard and as complicated as you make it.

~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~Behemoth~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jack_of_all View Post
    That guy is deep in the red on his forum for a reason...

Isometric excercises do cause soreness, hell, have you ever had to carry something a very long distance? (like a big bucket or something that loaded up your fingers. anything heavy held from a handle or from the bottom) i'll bet your forearms wound up sore afterwards, how much movement did your fingers do? none.

You can keep your back dead straight and get soreness in it. (some people get it in their calves too, just because they are sore doesn't mean you came up on your toes)
    Hes in red because he mouthed off a sponser and got negged by the admin lol

The erector spinae do not cross the hip and therefore only contract isometrically during hip extension. Unless spinal alignment is changed, as in a stupid exercise called seated cable rows (which some flex and extend their spine on, some don't), then its all iso.
    Last edited by ~Behemoth~; 12-30-2006 at 06:40 PM.