Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Wink The Resolutionists are coming! The Resolutionists are coming!

They will be in our gyms on Jan 2nd 2007 full of hope and
    soon to be broken promises. So while they are there we are to be nice
    to them, not kill them, and remember they were once us.

Sure they will unload the bench press that you waited twenty minutes
    for while you are wrapping your elbows and getting psyched.

And sure they will ask you a question while you are going for a max rep
    on the bench and hoping you don't blow an O ring in your shorts..

They will also probably walk up and start reading your training journal
    that was in your gym bag..

Oh, and don't forget they will think that the pec-dec is the
    designated place to sit while talking on their cell phones.

As for us we must look at it as a chance to learn to be pious and a
    chance to teach gym etiquette to the uninitiated, but once you have done
    that and it didn't work remember this.

Sometimes accidents happen.

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was there myself. I think maybe 5% keep with it and turn into us, but I don't judge anyone, because I could very easily slip back into being a fat slob. It wouldn't take much to do so for me. If I skipped a week or ate bad for a week, it would be all over.

That's why I am glad to be on this forum, it keeps me somewhat accountable.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sunshine1101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh I hate this time of year. Especially when in contest prep and the machines are all taken.

There is an understanding in the am for cardio...If I decide to get on a treadmill there is only one that I will use and everyone stays off of it. Same with the stepmills and the ellipticals. LOL But also there are others that have their fav's too and we are kind enough to keep their open too.

Now at night for weights...resolution people...OMG I can never get on anything and the rest times are waaaaay to long. But this too shall pass.

Happy New Year everyone
    BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE
    STRIVE TO SUCCEED

www.kathryn-stewart.com
    www.fisicomoda.com
    http://katestewart.proboards98.com

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've found that there are three times of year when my gym fills up:

January 2nd: (this is the year I'm gonna get in shape!)

right after Easter: (OMG, summer is right around the corner, I need to get in shape!)

right after Labor Day: (OMG, I looked like crap all summer, I need to get in shape!)

and while each of these alone isn't bad, it's usually the same people every time. Personally, I never bought into the idea of a New Year's resolution. To my thinking, waiting for the New Year is simply another form of procrastination. If a person didn't care enough to make an effort on March 3rd, June 22nd or any other arbitrary day of the year then why is January 1st going to make any difference in their attitude?

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    If a person didn't care enough to make an effort on March 3rd, June 22nd or any other arbitrary day of the year then why is January 1st going to make any difference in their attitude?
    Well, I suppose because the New Year is all about making a fresh start and all of that. Whatever it takes to get them off their ass is ok with me.

Except...

...what really makes me grit my teeth is the inevitable disclaimer cop-out "Now, I don't wanna get big and muscular, you see, not like a bodybuilder!...I just want to be toned" God I hate that. It's borderline insulting....as IF it were that easy. As if they actually ran the 'risk' of waking up one morning bigger and buffer than they ever wanted to be! Oh no!

From Fat As* To Bad As* magnumfreak's Avatar
    magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    we were just talking about this in the gym today. It's really going to be interesting this year because the gym is undergoing a major overhaul so equipment is stacked in tight and some is missing. I can tolerate it for 4-6 weeks, unfortunately that is all most of them will last. They will get discouraged by those who have been in the gym for a long time that look better than them when they shouldn't. They will get confused by the useless personal trainers we have (not that all are that way, just the ones in my gym) that never show them a routine, they do something different everytime just so they will have to come back to them and pay more money to get more confused.

I wish them all the best. I will help any of them that are willing to listen. Most aren't willing unfortunately. "You mean I have to eat right too???" "I don't want to lift any heavy weights I just want to look like you do.."

Oh well, bring them on. At least it is some new faces to look at.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by flying V
    ...what really makes me grit my teeth is the inevitable disclaimer cop-out "Now, I don't wanna get big and muscular, you see, not like a bodybuilder!...I just want to be toned" God I hate that. It's borderline insulting....as IF it were that easy. As if they actually ran the 'risk' of waking up one morning bigger and buffer than they ever wanted to be! Oh no!
    I find it pretty insulting as well. Hopefully the new folks read this thread

slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Well, I suppose because the New Year is all about making a fresh start and all of that. Whatever it takes to get them off their ass is ok with me.

Except...

My cycling club has a message board and one day the subject was recovery drinks. Someone mentioned a protein shake then said that he makes sure to get the protein only powder because some of the powders had creatine in them and he didn't want the "pecs with legs body" that was on the can. As if that wasn't bad enough, a few people agreed with him like a protein/creatine shake was gonna have them flexing and ripping out shirts.

dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000) dartol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wait until some of them hit this board too... LOL

"What supplements should I take to get huge?" I am going to post a link to this thread in every one...

Oh and at the gym... "Can I work in with you?" while they change every setting and not put anything of yours back in place. And not wipe the machine off, not that they will sweat anyway.

Cell phones and groups lingering in the path between the machines... I see it coming already.

Well maybe if I keep my headphones on and go around with a crazy look they will stay out of my way...

Darren
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
    http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength_Wiki

I'm back, visit my new journal! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=455993991

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Resolve lasts right up to the first hint of DOMS.
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000) FittyFour is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bob 1 View Post
    They will be in our gyms on Jan 2nd 2007 full of hope and
    soon to be broken promises. So while they are there we are to be nice
    to them, not kill them, and remember they were once us.
    And remember this - they sign the contracts that help pay the bills that keep the lights on that lets us train to our heart's content way after they've quit and gone back to chocolate covered potato chips.

Long live the Resolutionists!
    Knocked down seven times, stand up eight.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My gym got insanely busy about 2-3 weeks ago.
    All the college kids home and then yes, the out of shapers who want to attone for their nutritional sins. I do NOT look forward to the increased rush after new years.

What I hate is actually having to look for an open treadmill in a gym with probably 100+ treadmills. Thank god most of my cardio is on the stepmill and most of the newbies to the gym are afraid of the stepmill. LOL

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't do resolutions. I either do or don't do....right here and now.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mr.Mom will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

Originally Posted by dartol View Post
    Howdy ........

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dartol
    We welcome them here.
    We just hope we can help them to change their lifestyle.
    You'd be amazed at how many members came here that way.

jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jgbuf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    I don't do resolutions. I either do or don't do....right here and now.
    Amen to that, I stopped making new year resolutions several years ago. I find the do or don't do thing way more productive......and as far as the onslought of folks in the gym after the new year, at least the high school kids have to go back to school so I don't have to kringe everytime they overload the bench press with weight they can't handle. Ya got to love it.

c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think I get more pissed off at the PT's who really work these resolutionists so hard they quit the first day or two. Some of these people would really make it if they started slow and had the right expectations. However since the rush started about 3 weeks ago at my home gym I've already seen the workouts the PT's are putting on these folks. Some of them would succeed if given the tools. It took a big dose of guts for them just to get to the gym and I admire that.
    It became obvious to me a long time ago at chains like 24 Hour Fitness where I work out, the goal for the PT is to take their money and do everything in their power to make sure they never have to give repeat lessons. Hard sell at it's finest and it sucks. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by c502cid; 12-29-2006 at 12:47 PM. Reason: speeling error
    Big Blocks=Life

Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aquilius will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think those will be a big problem at my gym.

The trainers here will have all noobs perform circuits and cardio machines for months on end (provided they stay that long), so I think there's little risk that the benches/squat rack will be more occupied than usual.

Regards,
    Aquilius

Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Athena has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chi_town View Post
    My gym got insanely busy about 2-3 weeks ago.
    All the college kids home and then yes, the out of shapers who want to attone for their nutritional sins. I do NOT look forward to the increased rush after new years.

What I hate is actually having to look for an open treadmill in a gym with probably 100+ treadmills. Thank god most of my cardio is on the stepmill and most of the newbies to the gym are afraid of the stepmill. LOL
    Huh. We must be at the same gym. I was there two weeks ago and was SO PISSED at the college kids (not that they're the only ones who do this, mind you) for leaving their toys everywhere -- and I mean everywhere...scattered crap across the dang gym, not just the free weight area but dragged over to the cables as well.

I could probably handle the Revolutionists at this point because I can politely ask them to put their toys away and they won't be offended.

My plan of attack: Workout at 5:15 instead of 6:00 a.m. each morning.

Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by FittyFour View Post
    And remember this - they sign the contracts that help pay the bills that keep the lights on that lets us train to our heart's content way after they've quit and gone back to chocolate covered potato chips.

Long live the Resolutionists!
    Viva La Resolutionists. Ha ha

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always smile and say hi to newbies at the gym, especially if they are overweight, so they will feel more welcome and not be as self-conscious.

But I have been going extremely early or late to avoid the crowds for years anyway.
    Time To Re-Schedule

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation Warning: You Might Get Too Buffed Here If You're Not Careful!

Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    That is a total riot! Like they could 'accidentally' become Mr./Ms. World. *rrriippp* Whoops! (shirt exploding) "Oops, I didn't mean to get this huge!"

The lookie-loos have already started at my gym.

Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Huh. We must be at the same gym. I was there two weeks ago and was SO PISSED at the college kids (not that they're the only ones who do this, mind you) for leaving their toys everywhere -- and I mean everywhere...scattered crap across the dang gym, not just the free weight area but dragged over to the cables as well.
    yeah....it's bad enough that people don't unload the barbells when they're done but surely to God if they can carry the dumbbells to the other side of the gym, they can carry them back when they're done

even the little 1-pound pink ones are apparently too heavy to rack after using them

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    yeah....it's bad enough that people don't unload the barbells when they're done but surely to God if they can carry the dumbbells to the other side of the gym, they can carry them back when they're done

even the little 1-pound pink ones are apparently too heavy to rack after using them
    They must have trained to failure!
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Be thankful for the people who join the gym and only use it for a couple of months - they are what keeps them open. If it weren't for them, there would only be a couple of gyms in each town, and we'd all have to drive 30 minutes to get to one.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Let's not assume the "I am better" attitude.

We are here to help and it will remain so.

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've made a point this week to take all the new members around and orient them, it's quite easy in a small gym. I show them all the equipment and explain how to use it. I also make a point of explaining that weight plates sit here on this tree and everyone puts them back when they are finished as a courtesy to others. Everyone has been very cooperative so far.

The one day drop-ins are another story, you feel like a babysitter cleaning up after them and they can manage to drop almost anything on the floor and make a crash that sounds like a meteor just came through the roof, continuously.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

All I gotta say it I'm glad I have a gym at home and at the shop. No fighting with the n00bs.

Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Madfun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As a noob in my gym (one month) I can say I am glad the 1st of the year babies are coming... maybe I wont get blamed anymore for not racking the weights. Which I always do any way.

On the weekends, I can get to the gym before the crowds but during the week it's after work right in the middle of all the mayhem!

Oh well, I will get my workout in one way or another. If I can't use one piece of equipment, I'll just use another.

If I can train around this job, and effed up schedule I have... I can train around some "New Years" people!
    "If ya keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got"

V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) V-240 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lukamar View Post
    I've made a point this week to take all the new members around and orient them, it's quite easy in a small gym....
    Heheh, is that you training one of the newbies in your avatar?