Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Losing/gaining weight over the holidays.

Who here is losing/gaining weight during this holiday? I have already lost 6lbs and new years eve isn’t here yet! Since Christmass eve my eating has gone out of whack so has my sleep. I looked in the mirror and I appeared “flat” I weighed myself and I lost roughly about 6-8lbs! Can’t wait till this is over so things can get back to normal.
    On the list for Bannukah

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can't wait to get back on a normal schedule. I've seen one too many cookies over the past couple of weeks.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by phikappa View Post
    I can't wait to get back on a normal schedule. I've seen one too many cookies over the past couple of weeks.
    Ditto.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How can anyone have LOST 6 lbs over the holidays. What a nice problem to have.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    How can anyone have LOST 6 lbs over the holidays. What a nice problem to have.
    Because normally I eat 8 meals a day (every 3 hours) religiously but during the holidays all I am eating is junk food and eating dinner late at night. So my schedule is out of whack! My metabolism is extremely high so if I don’t eat steady my body wants to go back to its original bodyweight of 158lbs.
    On the list for Bannukah

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey BH

I was just kidding (sorta)...

Seriously, I wish I had a problem like that. I am just the opposite. I too was eating 6 meals a day roughly the same size, and had lost 24 lbs since Labor Day. Then in 5 days at my in-laws, I gained 5 of it back.

I was eating about 1800 calories a day before to lose the weight, probably ate about 3500 per day for 5 days, and gained 5 lbs. Go figure.

I envy you!
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    Hey BH

I was just kidding (sorta)...

Seriously, I wish I had a problem like that. I am just the opposite. I too was eating 6 meals a day roughly the same size, and had lost 24 lbs since Labor Day. Then in 5 days at my in-laws, I gained 5 of it back.

I was eating about 1800 calories a day before to lose the weight, probably ate about 3500 per day for 5 days, and gained 5 lbs. Go figure.

I envy you!
    Trust me you don't want this I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Do you know how long I have been trying to hit 200lbs for? I iwsh I was heavy and had trouble losing weight than the other way around
    On the list for Bannukah

It's definitely amazing how each person's metabolism is so unique. That's why I get so irritated when the "experts" make blanket statements. Like Atkins is harmful, or Atkins is the best. It seems to me with everyone being unique, maybe Atkins is bad for some, and great for others.

I hope you get to 200lbs. I am aiming to get down to 190 with 10% body fat. Then maybe I will try to gain back to 200 if it's all muscle If I could swap out some of my weight with you, we could average about 200.

It's been so long since I was under 200, I can't remember when it was.

BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000) BossMadOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I havn't gained any weight this holiday - still the same 350 ibs I was before. /shrug

exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10) exhibita is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im suffering from a faulty mirror this holiday. I look at it and I see the fat guy I used to be. Scale still reads the same, but everything just looks flabby and fat. I also feel like my pants are tighter, but I cannot see where they are...I'm going to do measurements tomarrow just to prove to myself this is all in my head.

Supposedly this problem is supposed to fade with time. I just wish that time was now.

It isn't as bad as it was though. About 10 months ago, I almost gave myself a heart attack when comming out of the shower. I was startled by the sudden appearance of this naked guy in my bathroom mirror.

Yea, I'm one of the few who can actually say he did not recognize his own reflection.
    Chris

slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) slackdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have been off work this week and always gain when I have a week off because of all the diet soda I drink. It blows me up like crazy. I work on an assembly line and we are only allowed to have water while working so the only soda I get when working is at lunch and at night. After about a week at work I will lose the bloat and be back to normal.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was off the wagon over the Christmas weekend but I've been back on track since Tuesday and plan to stay there. I'm not much of a NYE partier so I can't chalk this up to willpower, just a boring lifestyle. My weight rarely changes, but I hate how I feel after a few days of not eating right.

jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jtart2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Gained and lost

I ate quite a bit over Christmas because I was visiting relatives out of town. I hadn't had candy in so long I had forgotten how good it was...and I ate way too much!!!

When I returned home I had gained 5 lbs. After dieting again for 2 days, I'm back to my original weight. Not bad for 2 days of dieting!!!

IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000) IdahoViking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've lost 4 pounds since last Wednesday!

Damn flu
    Any workout you can walk away from is a good workout.

Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Crookshanks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I gained 3 or 4 pounds over Thanksgiving, lost that, then gained another 4 or 5 pounds over Christmas. I've got half of the latest gain gone, almost in time for New Years eve to kick my ass.

I'll breath a big sigh of relief around the middle of January, unless the Bears make a playoff run, and my ass ends up getting kicked until the middle of February. Which is just in time for my birthday on the 18th to mess with me.

Life was so much easier when I was a fat slob and didn't care.
    "When we were children, we used to think that when we grew up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability, to be alive is to be vulnerable." Madeleine L'Engle

$BMBC$

My teams:
    Bears
    Blackhawks
    Bulls
    White Sox

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gained 6 pounds, figure it's a couple pounds of fat and three or four of water... I let my diet and exercise go to cr**, but I'm gettin' back on it now.

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is the one week I just plain write off every year. There's no point in trying to be hardcore over the holidays, it's just futile.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, I don't own a scale so I can't say if I'm up or down in weight. I look a bit thicker in the mirror, and I think that is mostly because I'm on break from school (Dec. 21 - Jan. 2) and I burn lots of calories teaching. I work with 9-11 year-olds and I tend to "teach on my feet" meaning I rarely sit at my desk if there are kids in the room - I'm up moving around and trying to get them excited about whatever it is we are doing. That's a big part of my cardio.

On the other hand, I've been lifting heavy, eating often, and getting extra rest so I also see some added muscle mass.

Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000) Storm442 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BossMadOne View Post
    I havn't gained any weight this holiday - still the same 350 ibs I was before. /shrug
    How tall are you?

I'm hanging in there, down 2lbs from Dec 18th.
    It's been a struggle with people cooking for me and bringing over treats and such!

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Angry Lost 9 POUNDS!!!!!!

Started my show prep Dec 16th. I'm doing a massige amount of super set lifting and eating clean up to 8 meals, increasing my potien 50gms more a day. And I started upchucking and skeetin by noon that day!!!!

The goal was to put on 10 pounds in 6 wks, hopefully putting on 2 or 3 more pounds of muscle, then start cutting the last 12 wks. I LOST 6 POUNDS IN TWO DAYS AND BY THE FOLLOWING SAT. THE 23RD, I LOST A TOTAL OF NINE POUNDS. CHIT, CHIT CHIT!!!!!!!!

Trained the 23rd hard, Then took th 24th and 25th off. Starting Tue. trained like hell, ate clean, cardio 35minutes everyday but leg day, and weighed myself today and 227 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! On my way!

Never been that sick before!
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

OS

You are one dedicated dude! To fight through all that and get back on track is awesome, what a great inspiration to us.

No one has made a wisecrack about loosing vs losing in this thread, so let me be the first.

SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000) SR800 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doing ok, but it has hurt some potential LBM gains. Getting in the calories is a struggle but less of a struggle than getting in enough protein and eating at the right times. I do prefer the normal schedule of eating and rest, it makes evaluation of your program and the ongoing adjustments so much easier when you are dealing with a base of consistency.
    UP the IRONS!

Doing it right, I think. jspirate's Avatar
    jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jspirate has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by phikappa View Post
    YEP! I went into the holidays with a "screw it" attitude (with respect to diet). I will not weigh myself until 1/2/07 which is the same day as I resume my regular eating habits.

I am expecting some weight gain... No, correct that, I expecting some fat gain which will show up on the scales. This doesn't bother me at all as I expect it should take about 2 weeks to get it off. In the mean time I am mentally refreshed and ready to go at it 100%. Was it worth it to esentially set myself back about 6 weeks? Maybe not, but life is short and sometimes we need to crawl out of the box that we build ourselves into - its just plain good for the soul

merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000) merlinsrealm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just to many thing that went on over the holidays........So I just wrote it off.......I did manage to goto the Gym the 23rd and 24th Early, Off the 25th and back on schedule the 26th. It was the eating that screwed me up

I am back on track now. I hardly drink or really do the late night party thing anymore so NYE should not be a problem for me.

Eric
    Eric

"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."

"Thin skinned? Now that sounds like a way I could get more shredded....by having thinner skin." - Brackneyc

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by merlinsrealm View Post
    I am back on track now. I hardly drink or really do the late night party thing anymore so NYE should not be a problem for me.
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I am Over 35. I can't party like I used to and I'm not at all sure I'll still be awake at midnight.

No, NYE won't be a problem for me. I might have a little problem during the bowl games on Jan 1 though.

Tattoo'd Biker Accountant ShadowRydr's Avatar
    ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    This is the one week I just plain write off every year. There's no point in trying to be hardcore over the holidays, it's just futile.
    Same here, I usually don't even hit the gym. I plan it as my 1-2 week off time. If it's planned, I don't feel guilty about it.

Weighed at the gym this morning and I am back to pre-Christmas weight, so I guess the 5lbs I gained from 12/23-12/26 was sodium induced

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I almost had a heart attack on the 27th. I stood on the scale and i was up to 189 from 185. I stood on the scale today and I was 183 down 2 so I guess Christmas was just a blip and not a major slide. I did eat a lot of meat over the holidays and it probably took a few days to clear my system.

Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I gained a very welcome 2 pounds over Christmas. I'm trying to keep up the good work with the remaining chocolates and goodies till after the new year. If I can manage another kilo I'll be well pleased.