T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

need a routine designed for both mass AND strength

Hey I want to pack on size like a bodybuilder but have the strength of a powerlifter. What is a good reps and sets range for this? Reps will be given.

graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) graymonkey44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Higher weight lower reps. Anywhere between 4-8 reps. Or you could do the 5 X 5.

hartley53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartley53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartley53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This one helped me pack on 15 lbs in 3 months last summer:

Chest
    Bench 4x6-10
    Choose two more pressing movements (incline bench,dumbell bench) and one fly movement(crossovers, dumbell fly). 2-3 sets each. 8-12 reps.

Legs
    Squat 4x6x10
    Choose 3 more supporting exercises (leg press, lunges, Leg extension)
    Calf raises 4x12

Shoulders and Tris
    Power Clean/Hang Clean 4x5
    3 shoulder exercises (military press, DB military, lateral raises) 3x8-10
    3 tri exercises (skullcrushers, closegrip bench, rope pushdowns) 3x8-10

Back and Bis
    Deadlift 4x5
    Bent over row 4x6-10
    choose 2 more back exercises (pulldowns, seated row) 3x8-10
    Choose 2 bi exercises (preacher curl, barbell curl) 3x8-10

OFF

REPEAT

The main focus of this program is the four main lifts: Bench, Squat, Clean, Deadlift. Besides that you should choose different exercises every week.
    http://letsgocubbies.wordpress.com/

Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baker19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd say anywhere in between 4-7 because 3-5 is for stregth and 6-10 is generally what bodybuilders I know do.. So if you put those two together you get 4-7.. Think about it..

Personally doing that with a high rep week every 3-4 weeks yeilded the best results

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Baker19 View Post
    I'd say anywhere in between 4-7 because 3-5 is for stregth and 6-10 is generally what bodybuilders I know do.. So if you put those two together you get 4-7.. Think about it..

Personally doing that with a high rep week every 3-4 weeks yeilded the best results
    Doesnt really work that way -- most people say that.. and its not all wrong, but it isnt nevessarily right, and only gives you a small part of the picture.

Youre not going to train for both in one workout if you want best results.

A non-linear periodized program would be best here.

Alternate your parameters each week or so.

ONe week would be for strength with near maximal weights, few total reps (5-15 TOTAL reps per muscle group), more rest btwn sets, and faliure on the final sets.

Next week could be hypertrophy training parameters (25-35 TOTAl reps per muscle group/exercise, no faliure training, less rest btwn sets

The next would be somewhere in between

Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Size comes from good nutrition and sleep. Also, concentrate on the big 3 (squats, deads, b/p)

Registered User hockeycrazed999's Avatar
    hockeycrazed999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    couldn't agree more

three105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat like a freaking beast, and space your meals, also when eating, eat a lot but don't eat till your extremely full so the next time you eat, you'll actually be able to swallow your food. Eat a lot of solids and mix in a gainer inbetween meals if you can, it'll digest faster then a solid and give you calories/extra protein. Or if you can't handle the gainer, go with straight protein in water. For tons of calories, mass xxx is a good gainer (GNC) or the mighty Cytogainer 3 times a day inbetween meals would be awesome.

When lifting, lift heavy but with great form. Push yourself, blast music and turn into a monster machine, destroy the weight, Stick to heavy compound exercises (BENCH PRESS, SQUATS, BARBELL CURL, WEIGHTED DIPS, PULL UPS BEHIND THE HEAD - WEIGHTED OR NOT) Don't give me any of that bs such as I can't do dips. Then get on a freaking pushdown machine and do dips till you can do your body weight. That goes for pull ups too. (Lat pull down behind the head)

You gotta get pleanty of rest too. Your muscles need to rebuild, repair, and prepare for another beating. If you just beat and beat them when will they heal?

Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by three105 View Post
    When lifting, lift heavy but with great form. Push yourself, blast music and turn into a monster machine, destroy the weight, Stick to heavy compound exercises (BENCH PRESS, SQUATS, BARBELL CURL, WEIGHTED DIPS, PULL UPS BEHIND THE HEAD - WEIGHTED OR NOT) Don't give me any of that bs such as I can't do dips. Then get on a freaking pushdown machine and do dips till you can do your body weight. That goes for pull ups too. (Lat pull down behind the head)
    It doesn't have to always be BTN.

And you missed deadlifts.

sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sgermann is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by T-bomb View Post
    Hey I want to pack on size like a bodybuilder but have the strength of a powerlifter. What is a good reps and sets range for this? Reps will be given.
    Really, size and strength will come together. If you get one, you will also get the other. Greater muscle size will yeild a greater contracting force for that muscle and vice versa. As long as you are making steady gains in one department, you are probably set in the other.

Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mini Arnold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you guys might think im crazy but this helped me a lot. i am doing 4x10 heavy, i end up doing 245 for 10 on my last set, and wow did my pecs evolve, and igotten a lot stronger from it.
    If it doesnt kill you, it makes you stronger.

if there is a will there is a way!

If is it not Arnold's way it is the wrong way!

Train insane, Eat the pain, or Remain the same!

Metal is the music of lifting

"As I walk through the Valley of Death, I fear nothing, for I know that I am the badest motherf***** in the valley"

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-*