Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just wanted to say Hi, New, and maybe a question :0)

Hi everyone, My name is Bobby and I'm 42 years old. I've recently, for about 2 months now, started back lifting again. I played football in highschool and usesd to lift hard. But many years has pasted since then and the body doesn't work like I want it to anymore But I've sent my mind to it and I'm going to build my arms and chest as big as I can at my age. My son lifts weights and he turn me on to this board. Great reading here and bunch of info. But reading all about the nutrition and different type of lifting and really doing to much is a bad thing, well I'm stuck about what to do. I'll give some info on me maybe someone would help me through some things.
    I'm 5'7" 170 pounds
    nutrition per day: 2500 to 3000 cals, 330cabs, 120g protein
    Workout:
    Mon, Wed, Fri.
    Biceps 2X8 underhand curls, 2x8 hammer curls, 2x8 concentration curls, with 35lb dumbells
    Triceps 3x8 on back tricep extension, 3x8 overhead behind back then up extension, with same 35lb dumbells
    Chest lying on back butterflys 5x8
    shoulders 3x8 dumbell press 3x8 bent over side lateral, same 35lb dumbells
    Rest on Tues, Thur, Sat, Sun.
    All sets are done with 2:30 rests between
    I'm so restless, between workouts, that I can't wait until workout day, hehe
    I could workout everyday, but reading all the hipe about proper rest to grow, well I'm scared that I'm over doing it. My progress the past two months are great when it comes to strenght, but very disappointed about the growth. I'm not looking to be huge here, but I do want to double my size, if not more, in my arms and chest. So if anyone would like to give an old man some advice on how to achive my goal, I would be most thankful for the help. And once again, great site.

dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Growth takes time. Do not expect to see growth in just two months. Right now you are building your foundation for growth. Hang in there and you will see growth in the future. Also, welcome to the forums.
    Know your enemy, so when the balloon goes up you will know who to shoot first.

You can never have too many guns nor too much ammo!

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm reading between the lines here. Can I assume you work out at home and only have a set of 35 lb dumbbells?

If that's true, you are going to have a hard time getting a lot of growth out of 70 lbs of weight.

If you have access to a full gym, I'd strongly suggest heavy squats and dead lifts. You'd be surprised at how those can make you grow all over.

Edit: Sorry. I forgot to say "Welcome"!!
    Last edited by Dave76; 12-27-2006 at 06:56 PM.

BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffedStuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Rest equals growth

Hey welcome aboard,

Hey you would be suprised at how those muscles will start poppin' with proper rest and good nutrition. I wish you well on this journey now go and make yourself proud.
    where there is no vision, the people perish, proverbs 29:18 I can see what I want to become how about you?

mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mature_1_59 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome
    So...I say to a friend that I can't eat what she eats because "I eat funny". So she says "what does funny taste like?". So I say "Like rubber chicken".

oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Welcome! Best to ya.
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50) c502cid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Growth comes slower than we'd all like but you'll get there in time. You have a good start to build on. Stay after it. Welcome!
    Big Blocks=Life

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You need more protein - 120g isn't going to do it, imo.

You need to work your whole body. I don't see any movements for your legs or back. You're going to look horribly unbalanced if you only work your chest and arms. More to the point, I don't think you will get the growth you are after in those areas unless you also work everything else. The body is synergistic. Pull-ups, rows, squats, deadlifts, calf raises... get them in there!

Also, I am not sure if you wrote your exercises in the order you are doing them but you want to work from large muscle group to small. So chest and shoulders before triceps and biceps. Also, in general, you want to do more movements for the large groups than for the small. Sp you might want to do something like 3 chest exercises (bb bench, db incline and db flyes, for example) and then 2 tricep movements (bench dips and skullcrushers, for ex.). None of this is set in stone but from what I see of your current routine, you are mainly working biceps and triceps, which isn't going to get you anywhere, really...

Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000) Bob 1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome and have fun.

kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What she said.......

Originally Posted by dbflgirl View Post
    You need more protein - 120g isn't going to do it, imo.

You need to work your whole body. I don't see any movements for your legs or back. You're going to look horribly unbalanced if you only work your chest and arms. More to the point, I don't think you will get the growth you are after in those areas unless you also work everything else. The body is synergistic. Pull-ups, rows, squats, deadlifts, calf raises... get them in there!

Also, I am not sure if you wrote your exercises in the order you are doing them but you want to work from large muscle group to small. So chest and shoulders before triceps and biceps. Also, in general, you want to do more movements for the large groups than for the small. Sp you might want to do something like 3 chest exercises (bb bench, db incline and db flyes, for example) and then 2 tricep movements (bench dips and skullcrushers, for ex.). None of this is set in stone but from what I see of your current routine, you are mainly working biceps and triceps, which isn't going to get you anywhere, really...
    I am surprised dbflgirl did not do her great cut and paste of all the basic stuff to do.
    More Protein, work the entire body
    6 meals a day. Lots of water. eat your veggies, good multi vitamin, post workout nutrition......
    Keep reading. do a search on dbflgirl and see all the great advice she has given others.
    Ken

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile

A major ^^^^^^^ dbf and Matt.

Half ass measures produce half ass results.

Welcome.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome !

Growth takes time, proper nutrition and rest.

kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kmatt42 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Here is one of my fav DBFLGIRL posts - Food Guidelines:

Food Guidelines:

- Eat every 2-3 hours -- this will result in 6-7 meals per day
    - Keep each meal roughly the same size
    - Eat lean protein, starchy or fibrous carbs and healthy fats at every meal (exceptions below)
    - Eat as close to nature as possible -- no processed foods, no sugar, no white flour
    - Get between 1 - 1.5 g protein per pound of body weight, evenly split across your meals
    - Get between .3 - .4 g fat per pound of bodyweight, evenly split across your meals (except post workout)
    - Fill in with complex carbs to reach your desired calorie level
    - Cluster starchy carbs at breakfast, preworkout and postworkout
    - Have whey protein shakes postworkout only
    - Make your last meal of the day protein + fat only
    - EAT YOUR VEGGIES
    - Supplement with multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and EFAs

Lean proteins: Boneless, skinless chicken or turkey; egg whites; tofu; protein powder; ostrich; buffalo; top round beef (aka London Broil); canned tuna; fish and shellfish (including fatty fish like salmon, catfish and mackerel); cottage cheese; yogurt

Starchy carbs: Oats; brown rice; quinoa; sweet potato; beans (kidney, black, pinto, northern, white, etc.); legumes (lentils); Ezekiel/sprouted bread; whole wheat pasta; whole grain bread (in moderation - very processed)

Fibrous carbs: Pretty much any vegetable, especially green ones. Broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, artichokes, escarole, kale, green beans, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuces

Healthy fats: Seeds (esp. ground flax), extra virgin olive oil, salmon and other fatty fish, nuts and nut butters (walnuts and almonds are great), avocado, coconut oil

Fruits: Strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, apples, pears
    Ken

renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500) renglander is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Best of luck on your journey. Remember that it will take some time to see results but do not get discouraged. Stay consistent.
    We are what we repeatedly do; Excellence is not an act, but a habit -Aristotle.

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer 29:11

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up What they said ...

And I'd like to add that you should consider splitting up your routine, if not right now then soon - once you've implemented some of the advice given above. Especially once you add in leg work and some compound lifts.
    A 2-day split where you work half your body parts on Monday & Thursday, and the other half on Tues & Friday might work for you at this point in your training. Wednesday would be a rest day as would either Saturday or Sunday. The other weekend day could be some form of cardio work.

There are lots of great posts out there on split routines and I'm sure other folks will offer more advice as well.

Welcome to these boards. Very best of luck. Lift smart and eat smart.

Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easymoney42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the welcome and all the replies. Great. To me it's the little things that you all might take for granted on knowing, like what is building a foundation for muscles? I never knew that. The time frame I should expect to reach the goal that I'm after. As long as I know the steps and the time it should take, then I'll know I'm doing everything right. And no i didn't post all the workouts that i do, just the arms. I also work the legs with squats and foward leg dips, shoulders with dumbbell press and shrugs on Tues. and Wed.
    Then on Tues. and Sat. treadmill. I work with Norfolk & Southern Railroad as a carman, so phyical labor is a everyday thing. I eat just about the same thing everyday. Start off in the morning,
    6:15am with glass of orange juice multivitamin
    7:30am Yogart peanut butter crackers
    9:00am 2 servings size of frosted mini wheats with 2% whole milk
    12:00pm chicken samwidge with cheese
    3:00pm Protein drink and yogart
    6:00pm chicken breast potatoes bread
    9:00pm protein drink peanut butter crackers
    bed @ 10:00
    And Yes Dave76, the dumbbells are all I'm using. I add more weight as to not go over 8 reps. When I reach that, then 5lbs are added. I dont' go to the gym as it's kind of far from me and the time to and back, I dont have. I'm just trying to do the best with what time I have. And again it's detail that you guy and gals take for granted, that mean a lot to someone that just don't know, like me:0)

I'm still 27 in hex :) Plato458's Avatar
    Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000) Plato458 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Welcome and good luck - already looking good

Px
    Never Give Up Never Surrender ;-P

I did once and look what happened - 30% BF

skinnychubbyguy "Hole in my underwear... What is the purpose of the hole on the front? I mean they stitch up the other side, but they leave the one opening on the front open, wtf is the point? My balls don't get that sweaty to air out, and I don't pull my dick through it to piss or anything else, so is there a legit reason for this?"

64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm the same age as you bro!!! Do not get discouraged, its a lifestyle. You have to consider it that way or you'll never stick with it. You only have a go in this world once, why not make it the best you can?