genxsis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) genxsis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Reverse grip. Good? Bad?

I've heard about using a reverse grip on excercises is a good thing because it recruits different muscles. But now that I've been using it, I've noticed pain in some excercises such as doing tricep curls and bench (among others). When I bench, the pain is in my shoulders, and when doing tricep curls, my wrists hurt enough to make me stop long before my my muscles do.

Does anyone else here use a reverse grip? How has it been for you?

From Fat As* To Bad As* magnumfreak's Avatar
    magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I typically will only do reverse grip curls but I don't have any pain from doing them. Maybe drop the weight a little and let the bodyparts that are hurting strengthen up some.

hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love reverse inside grip shoulder wide grips/Bench
    And alt tri cable push downs.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by genxsis View Post
    I've heard about using a reverse grip on excercises is a good thing because it recruits different muscles. But now that I've been using it, I've noticed pain in some excercises such as doing tricep curls and bench (among others). When I bench, the pain is in my shoulders, and when doing tricep curls, my wrists hurt enough to make me stop long before my my muscles do.

Does anyone else here use a reverse grip? How has it been for you?
    I use reverse grip on triceps pressdowns. I don't use it on bench because it seems like it would be uncomfortable. I have twigs for wrists, though, so that could be why.

Is triceps curl = skullcrusher? Seems like a reverse grip would put the emphasis on the biceps more than triceps...

LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    reverse grip may not be good for all exercises. if it feels akward, i would avoid it, or go with very light weights at first. it would seem that some reverse grips would put your arms in an odd position and possibly risk injury to some joints.
    just my $0.02.

hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50) hapkido will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reverse grip' great! Love it/

Hapkido and Kimsquit,

If you BOTH don't quit this, you will BOTH be banned. I don't care who started what, I am stopping it. Do not reply to my message. Just end it right now. Be warned. I am serious.
    This is the over 35's, show some maturity!!
    Last edited by Titania; 12-26-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Finding my Potential empresscat's Avatar
    empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000) empresscat is just really nice. (+1000)
    ........quotes edited out by Titania.......

Now - as to reverse grip... I am a newbie, but there's one thing I learned from my father (who is a physician's assistant, and has worked in rehabilitation) that I can definitely apply to bodybuilding: if it hurts, don't do it.

If an exercise feels like it's harming you, not just that it's difficult, then you are not doing a good movement for your body. Either there is a problem with the form, or it's just not something that suits you personally.
    Last edited by Titania; 12-26-2006 at 08:57 PM.

Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldsnake is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do I smell a lock down and a boot??

Did I fail to kiss rear...................Really no rep points for meO,,,,,,,,my

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hap you should possibly spend the rest of the evening here as it appears you may be having a re-occurrence of your previous problem this evening. The holidays can be hard on a lot of people for a lot of reasons but striking out at those who could help you is not the way to handle it.

Show us how to kiss up...

Originally Posted by empresscat View Post
    ........quotes edited out by Titania.......

Now - as to reverse grip... I am a newbie, but there's one thing I learned from my father (who is a physician's assistant, and has worked in rehabilitation) that I can definitely apply to bodybuilding: if it hurts, don't do it.

If an exercise feels like it's harming you, not just that it's difficult, then you are not doing a good movement for your body. Either there is a problem with the form, or it's just not something that suits you personally.
    I can not do it////////////

Talking No lock down tonight

Originally Posted by Baldsnake View Post
    Do I smell a lock down and a boot??
    We worked it out.
    Bless you all, and Happy New Year

genxsis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) genxsis has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you for the replies! There are some excercises that work out pretty well for me reverse gripped. Bent-over-row is one of the best. Bicep curls is another as long as I use dumbells and not the straight barbell. The others I think I'll have to stick with the normal way only.