Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Zezze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Zezze's BodySpace

Why do people say nirvana was the most important band in the world?

I was watchin commercials and they took articles out of papers saying they were the most important band in the world and stuff like that. What did they do that was so important? I was watchin much music and the chick on it said that after "smells like teen spirit" video came out that it changed everything. What did it change and why? This has bothered me for a while and thanks to anyone who answers

pumpingiron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i remember when i first heard smells like teen spirit and i thought
    it sucked. Then years later i began to listen to the music and realized how good it really was. maybe you should buy the unplugged cd then you can get a better sense of their talent.
    *THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FDA

IF YOU TRY SOMETHING NEW AND FAIL AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT JUST GIVE UP---HOMER SIMPSON

BodyPoints: 338
    SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit SLTS's BodySpace
    nirvana got rid of hair metal and the 80s glam rock.

basiclly the 80s were dominated by jackson, madonna, etc. all these flashy artists. and the metal was all about the hair and glamour.

well nirvana came along and the media dubbed the style "grunge".

i dont know why cus its really just rock music. but when smells like teen spirit hit it blew all the 80s music away and changed everyones taste. bands like poison that were "hardcore" in the 80s were being laughed at by kids.

kurt cobain was made an "idol" for the generation. this upset him and eventually led to a downfall. where he commited suicide/ was murdered (depending on what you believe)

but they are still probably my favorite band of all time since i got into them about 4 years ago

Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Lats McGee has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Nirvana was a really good band. Cobain was a good songwriter, however they are overrated. For once when people talk about great Seattle bands I'd like to seem them mention the Melvins(who Cobain actually roadied for) and Tad.
    "I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag except that's in Ohio." - Dudley Dawson aka Booger

"Idle Hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know God hates that" - Drippy

BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit BRIT_BEEF's BodySpace
    They were the band which summed up the time best as is the case with most bands who are considered important in musical history. The Beatles, Hendrix, Sabbath, etc..
    The last band in England like that were Oasis who pretty much saved rock music over here. Now you have a lot of guitar based bands, Coldplay, Stereophonics, etc..
    Nirvana changed rock music from 80's glam to 90's grunge and it's not changed since.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

Skinnywhiteboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by pumpingiron
    i remember when i first heard smells like teen spirit and i thought
    it sucked. Then years later i began to listen to the music and realized how good it really was. maybe you should buy the unplugged cd then you can get a better sense of their talent.
    Kurt Cobain might have been a deep guy who had some great songs but there playing sucked. Ask any musician who plays drums or guitar Nirvanas actual SONGwriting (as in besides lyrics) licked. I still listen to it sometimes because a couple of songs are catchy (heart shaped box, smells like...) but otherwise they were a mediocore band for their time. Even Nu-Metal today has more unique songwriting then Nirvana did. Oh and they killed the guitar solo to, it was already being less used but after Nirvana everyone seemed to forget about it.
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [FIGHT CLUB]

BodyPoints: 105
    aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit aprildawn's BodySpace
    I would say they were the most important band in the 90s...But ever? I don't think so.
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) BigKazWSM747 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit BigKazWSM747's BodySpace
    Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, and Metallica have had a bigger impact then Nirvana.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

thegamecdr
    Teen spirit of the 90's smelled like fish an bleach

I may be going out on a limb here, but I honestly feel that the most important group of all time was......... The Beastie Boys

Stats: 6'3", 239 lbs
    BodyPoints: 189
    LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit LethalGunz34's BodySpace
    Nirvana ****ing sucked.

Zezze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Zezze's BodySpace
    wow, I didnt expect so many answers so soon. Thanks for ansewering my question, i get why they changed "everything" after that

labouche is a jewel in the rough. (+500) labouche is a jewel in the rough. (+500) labouche is a jewel in the rough. (+500) labouche is a jewel in the rough. (+500) labouche is a jewel in the rough. (+500) labouche is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nirvana...
    1990 (thru 92)
    alternative
    damn granolas and birkenstok
    Smashing Pumpkins...

oh and this...

the UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON beats michigan and wins the national championship!

go coooogars...
    "...but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I love Nirvana but I think there popularity overshadows the importance of Pearl Jam, the only Rock band to come out of the early 90's that seems like it will have a lasting artistic credibility and career comparable to bands like the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith etc. They lack commercial success but have been making great albums continuously. Also I think that Alice and Chains and stone temple pilots were unfairly categorized as grunge in ways that made them look like nirvana wannabees which was very unfair. All that said I still love Nirvana.
    What do you smoke this **** for?...To escape reality?...Me I don't need this ****. I am reality. -Sgt. Barnes, Platoon

What is truth? -Pontius Pilate

Not "mankind" but overman is the goal! -Nietzsche

SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SLTS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit SLTS's BodySpace
    Originally posted by Babs
    I love Nirvana but I think there popularity overshadows the importance of Pearl Jam, the only Rock band to come out of the early 90's that seems like it will have a lasting artistic credibility and career comparable to bands like the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith etc. They lack commercial success but have been making great albums continuously. Also I think that Alice and Chains and stone temple pilots were unfairly categorized as grunge in ways that made them look like nirvana wannabees which was very unfair. All that said I still love Nirvana.

ive never really gotten into pearl jam. i like a few songs here and there...

but im a HUGE stp fan and i really like alice in chains too

JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) JollySwagman has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit JollySwagman's BodySpace
    Nirvana have some great songs but they lacked musical talent and Kurt had a horrible singing voice......i think these factors may have caused their success as it was a new sound/image....they are sort of old school punk with a slower, heavier sound

i think other bands of their era like Soundgarden and Pearl Jam were better than Nirvana because they had greater musical talent
    "If it helps them to justify why I am a pro and they are not, they will believe that I walk around with a blatter pack of test on an I.V. drip all day long" - Lee Priest

CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CadeFosterFW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit CadeFosterFW's BodySpace
    I love Nirvana but as far as grunge bands In that era i think AIC blew them out of the water. Jerry Cantrell is just... great in my opinion. I think the Unplugged album was one of the best albums in the 90's even though Layne ****ed up like 30 times. I cant even believe he lived 6 whole years after that.....

DIDACTIC BB "HCIC" TESTOSTERONE's Avatar
    BodyPoints: 185
    TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit TESTOSTERONE's BodySpace
    Originally posted by aprildawn
    I would say they were the most important band in the 90s...But ever? I don't think so.
    What the hell do you know? you're a frickin girl, only use that hole below your nose for polishing and buffing and we'll get along just fine ok? ...
    Last edited by TESTOSTERONE; 02-19-2003 at 10:51 PM.
    *GODSMACK*

Stats: 5'8", 176 lbs
    BodyPoints: 26594
    TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TranceNRG has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit TranceNRG's BodySpace
    Nir... who?!
    And David put his hand into his bag and took from it a stone and slung it, and struck the Philistine on his forehead. And the stone sank into his forehead, so that he fell on his face to the ground.

Thus, David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand.

(1 Samuel 17:49-50)

SpicyTuna is a complete loser! (-2000) SpicyTuna is a complete loser! (-2000) SpicyTuna is a complete loser! (-2000) SpicyTuna is a complete loser! (-2000) SpicyTuna is a complete loser! (-2000) SpicyTuna is a complete loser! (-2000) SpicyTuna is a complete loser! (-2000)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by SLTS
    nirvana got rid of hair metal and the 80s glam rock.
    Nirvana didn't. Metallica's long black album tour (and not following it up with a new album) as well as Guns N' Roses problems and lack of original material, while dozens of copycat bands like Bang Tango (spelling?) and Faster Pussycat were out there boring the hell out of people with the same bull**** killed 80's hard rock/metal. Nirvana did became the posterboys for the new movement, while the posterboys of the 80's, after 1992, dissapeared for a time. But basically, 80's metal killed 80's metal.

When the 80's bands "came back" they washed up their sound and lyrics to eliminate 80'ness and/or adapt to the new sounds (Metallica's Loaded, Dokken's Dysfunctional, Bon Jovi's depressing These Days, for example). The great thing about the "grunge" takeover is that I got to see who was in just for the money and who really liked what he was playing.

i dont know why cus its really just rock music. but when smells like teen spirit hit it blew all the 80s music away and changed everyones taste. bands like poison that were "hardcore" in the 80s were being laughed at by kids.

Poison was n e v e r considered hardcore. Not in the 80's, not in the 90's, not now. Poison is/was "bubblegum metal". Depending on your taste, 80's hardcore would have been Judas Priest, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc.
    "Bodybuilding is more than a sport, it is also a way of life. It is an entire philosophy of how to live, a value system that gives specific answers to questions that concern so many of us these days-questions of what is worth doing and what value to give to excellence and achievement. It is a way of pursuing self-worth and personal validation, of finding satisfaction in your ability to set goals for yourself and working to reach them"
    Arnold

D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Nirvana were ok but in all honesty they made one good album and the rest of their stuff was pretty poor, songs like Sliver were class - I had all their stuff but only Nevermind was good + a coupld of other songs here and there - definitely overrated - but that happens with anyone who dies young

Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you saying Incesticide was bad D&G(it contained sliver), but that was my favorite album of theirs.
    What do you smoke this **** for?...To escape reality?...Me I don't need this ****. I am reality. -Sgt. Barnes, Platoon

What is truth? -Pontius Pilate

Not "mankind" but overman is the goal! -Nietzsche

D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) D&G has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally posted by Babs
    Are you saying Incesticide was bad D&G(it contained sliver), but that was my favorite album of theirs.

Not bad - but not great - It was a long time ago I had the stuff so I can't remember what was what - I just remembered I didn't mean sliver though! I meant lithium! that was the song I liked, that one and In Bloom - my memory is not so good these days, Nevermind IMO was a great album but the others weren't as good.

Visit SLTS's BodySpace
    Originally posted by SpicyTuna

Nirvana didn't. Metallica's long black album tour (and not following it up with a new album) as well as Guns N' Roses problems and lack of original material, while dozens of copycat bands like Bang Tango (spelling?) and Faster Pussycat were out there boring the hell out of people with the same bull**** killed 80's hard rock/metal. Nirvana did became the posterboys for the new movement, while the posterboys of the 80's, after 1992, dissapeared for a time. But basically, 80's metal killed 80's metal.
    i believe you are right. but i also believe nirvana played a role in it. they imo finished it off. anything that was left was knocked down by nirvana.

Poison was n e v e r considered hardcore. Not in the 80's, not in the 90's, not now. Poison is/was "bubblegum metal". Depending on your taste, 80's hardcore would have been Judas Priest, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc.
    i didnt mean bands like judas priest, metallica etc. which are all bands that i like

what i mean by poisin being considered "hardcore" was that there were "badasses" dressed in poison shirts thinking they were the toughest **** around. when really poison was crap. so to some they were considered hardcore and nirvana finished that off to.

so once again i also have to say that you are right. in that to people that liked GOOD rock music poison wasnt hardcore.

BodyPoints: 776
    Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Debaser has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Debaser's BodySpace
    Actually, I think The Pixies were one of the first to influence the grunge movement in the late 80's early 90's. It's not fair to compare nirvana and metallica, because one is grunge, and the other is metal. If anyone here has even heard of the pixies... :/

aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) aprildawn has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally posted by TESTOSTERONE
    What the hell do you know? you're a frickin girl, only use that hole below your nose for polishing and buffing and we'll get along just fine ok? ...
    Hey...Chef Boy-are-u-d*ckless.... Just get back to the salad tossing and leave those of us with more than a third grade education to discuss the issue at hand...

Saratoga is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Saratoga's BodySpace
    Hey...Chef Boy-are-u-d*ckless.... Just get back to the salad tossing and leave those of us with more than a third grade education to discuss the issue at hand...
    Bravo,
    That was a good one!
    I'll have to borrow that one for some of these muscle heads here on campus.

Originally posted by Saratoga
    Bravo,
    That was a good one!
    I'll have to borrow that one for some of these muscle heads here on campus.
    Thank you. TEST, being of simple mind and small p*nis, is one of the easier people to outwit here. But I am no master of the insults (like some people on the board), I am just a student.

DIDACTIC BB "HCIC" TESTOSTERONE's Avatar
    BodyPoints: 185
    TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) TESTOSTERONE has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit TESTOSTERONE's BodySpace
    LOL this chick is good
    *GODSMACK*

Originally posted by TESTOSTERONE
    LOL this chick is good
    I would take that as a flirtation...if it wasn't coming from a knob-polisher like yourself...

pumpingiron is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Skinnywhiteboy
    Kurt Cobain might have been a deep guy who had some great songs but there playing sucked. Ask any musician who plays drums or guitar Nirvanas actual SONGwriting (as in besides lyrics) licked. I still listen to it sometimes because a couple of songs are catchy (heart shaped box, smells like...) but otherwise they were a mediocore band for their time. Even Nu-Metal today has more unique songwriting then Nirvana did. Oh and they killed the guitar solo to, it was already being less used but after Nirvana everyone seemed to forget about it.
    The record sales tell the tale in the end. people dont buy them if the band sucks and they must have been considered very good to become so popular the record company execs cant force you to buy it.

and about the guitar playing sure they never used fancy scales like metallica but they invented a style all their own and will live
    on in history for that.
    *THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FDA

IF YOU TRY SOMETHING NEW AND FAIL AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT JUST GIVE UP---HOMER SIMPSON

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast