Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hit muscles 2x a week or once ?

Alot of you have told me to do 2x a week but im not sure tho :S
    I mean I was making gains when I hitting muscles once a week and i was always sore from training them like 2-3 days after, I used to have 2-3 exercises per bodypart. What makes 2x better ? i can understand you get more work done and that would possibly get more growth. When i train muscles 2x a week i dont get sore at all and it kind of concerns me, i know that not being sore doesnt mean ur not growing but i dont feel like im working the muscle enough unless its not sore. people ?
    Rep me, I'll rep back. Pm If I forgot.

To Lift Is Life.

PR's:
    Front squat 140kgx2
    Highbar squat 160kgx3
    Lowbar squat with wraps 190Kgx1
    Bench 140kgx1
    Deadlift 220kgx1 200kgx4
    Row with straps 140kgx8
    Seated press 80kgx8

SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PatchRobinson View Post
    Alot of you have told me to do 2x a week but im not sure tho :S
    I mean I was making gains when I hitting muscles once a week and i was always sore from training them like 2-3 days after, I used to have 2-3 exercises per bodypart. What makes 2x better ? i can understand you get more work done and that would possibly get more growth. When i train muscles 2x a week i dont get sore at all and it kind of concerns me, i know that not being sore doesnt mean ur not growing but i dont feel like im working the muscle enough unless its not sore. people ?
    In most cases, muscles don't need a whole week to recover. So, by training them twice a week, people can maximize their gains, by hitting them again after they've recovered.

PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10) PatchRobinson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SpongeBobNoPant View Post
    In most cases, muscles don't need a whole week to recover. So, by training them twice a week, people can maximize their gains, by hitting them again after they've recovered.
    i can see the logic haha but i think im not hitting my body hard enough for it to grow since you reduce ur volume

To Lift Is Life.

PR's:
    Front squat 140kgx2
    Highbar squat 160kgx3
    Bench 140kgx1
    Deadlift 220kgx1 200kgx4
    Row with straps 140kgx8
    Seated press 80kgx8

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i can see the logic haha but i think im not hitting my body hard enough for it to grow since you reduce ur volume
    Net volume is usually about the same. 3 sets for a body part twice a week is the same volume as 6 sets for a body part once a week.

SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't reduce the volume.

doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) doueveneat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would say if ur training naturally then once a week is normal

Originally Posted by spiderman997 View Post
    Net volume is usually about the same. 3 sets for a body part twice a week is the same volume as 6 sets for a body part once a week.
    i know but i used to use (ill say for example) 3 chest exercises thats 9 sets and sometimes 10 if i felt like i needed one more

To Lift Is Life.

PR's:
    Front squat 140kgx2
    Highbar squat 160kgx3
    Bench 140kgx1
    Deadlift 220kgx1 200kgx4
    Row with straps 140kgx8
    Seated press 80kgx8

i know but i used to use (ill say for example) 3 chest exercises thats 9 sets and sometimes 10 if i felt like i needed one more
    I do 4 chest exercises (total of 12 sets) in one day, then 2 chest exercises (total of 6 sets) in another day. I apply the same concept for most bodyparts, and I've got nothing but great results. This is kind of the usual program in my gym.

Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't reduce the volume.
    I reduced the amount of sets I go to failure because my joints were hurting.

to OP if you haven't tried hitting them twice a week do it for a few months, you might end up enjoying it, I thought it made more sense and really enjoyed it, just listen to your body if you start feeling like ****. I find hitting the same group every 5 days works well for me, currently I'm doing every 6 days.
    Follow my vlog on my journey as an Amputee !
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/icepray
    Instagram: Icepray
    ********: www.********.com/ampuvation

I do 4 chest exercises (total of 12 sets) in one day, then 2 chest exercises (total of 6 sets) in another day. I apply the same concept for most bodyparts, and I've got nothing but great results. This is kind of the usual program in my gym.
    i like ur thinking there haha i might try that

To Lift Is Life.

PR's:
    Front squat 140kgx2
    Highbar squat 160kgx3
    Bench 140kgx1
    Deadlift 220kgx1 200kgx4
    Row with straps 140kgx8
    Seated press 80kgx8

i like ur thinking there haha i might try that
    In all honesty, most people on this forum use an abnormally low training volume, at least from my experience. I don't know anyone in real life who trains with such low volume and gets good results... But, like I said, this is just from my experience.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In all honesty, most people on this forum use an abnormally low training volume, at least from my experience. I don't know anyone in real life who trains with such low volume and gets good results... But, like I said, this is just from my experience.
    4-6 work sets per bodypart a week master race reporting in.

ye i think your right, im going to add maybe 1-2 more exercises to my push/pull routine

To Lift Is Life.

PR's:
    Front squat 140kgx2
    Highbar squat 160kgx3
    Bench 140kgx1
    Deadlift 220kgx1 200kgx4
    Row with straps 140kgx8
    Seated press 80kgx8

4-6 work sets per bodypart a week master race reporting in.
    It's awesome if it's working for you, but like I said, I don't know anyone in real life who does that and gets good results. We're all different I suppose.

PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PatFel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You do whatever you want. I like to work each muscle group about once every 5 days. It's a good balance for me and I feel like i get enough stimulation as well as frequency.
    If it takes 2-3 days to recover I don't see why you can't work each muscle group twice a week though

Originally Posted by PatFel View Post
    You do whatever you want. I like to work each muscle group about once every 5 days. It's a good balance for me and I feel like i get enough stimulation as well as frequency.
    If it takes 2-3 days to recover I don't see why you can't work each muscle group twice a week though
    Muscle recovery can take up to two weeks. I say sadistically punish them for taking so long to recover.

Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Muscle recovery can take up to two weeks. I say sadistically punish them for taking so long to recover.
    You're a PLer right? aren't there benefits to going to failure for strength or am I being a bro xD (just curious I'm not in it for PLing).

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Twice. This is not debatable in terms of benefit.

Originally Posted by Icepray View Post
    You're a PLer right? aren't there benefits to going to failure for strength or am I being a bro xD (just curious I'm not in it for PLing).
    You're far less likely to train to 'failure' in powerlifting than in bodybuilding.

Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cser has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I train each muscle group once a week but I'm small and get no results

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cser View Post
    Train them twice a week and you'll be Mr Olympia.

I guarantee it. I have studied first year statistics.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    You're far less likely to train to 'failure' in powerlifting than in bodybuilding.
    Oh okay, makes sense too. Thanks for the answer

Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Yutes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I only target legs once a week.

I'm meant to be following a strength / building split and I always find myself moving around isolated preacher work. I love doing it after chest because biceps are only slightly fatigued from stabilising but I do enjoy it after 10+ sets of barbell rows (even though my biceps are destroyed).

The one ****up I used to make when I did splits, I would think "ffs i only have 7 days I can't fit it all in" - brb I didn't even think of working it out over 8-10 days (didn't think of this till Layne Norton said something in a video once).

NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah i dont reduce the volume of course i do different exercises but i keep intensity the same and im recovered by the next time cause i can tell on a weekly progression my strength increases

NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was doing once a week everything. For a month i am doing twice a week and I gained good strength and I feel like I grew in this 1 month.

spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000) spurdo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Holy fuk u natty brah?
    ★☆★Juventus★☆★
    ''Winning isn't important, it's the only thing that matters'' - Giampiero Boniperti
    ''A real gentleman never leaves his old lady'' - Alessandro Del Piero #10

(: Positive Crew :)

NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You skinny **** 6'1" and 130 lbs ....

goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do it once or twice.. both work in my opinonn.

^ proof

so basically it doesnt really matter which you do, its just a matter of choice and opinion :L:L

To Lift Is Life.

PR's:
    Front squat 140kgx2
    Highbar squat 160kgx3
    Bench 140kgx1
    Deadlift 220kgx1 200kgx4
    Row with straps 140kgx8
    Seated press 80kgx8

goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50) goobyplss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so basically it doesnt really matter which you do, its just a matter of choice and opinion :L:L
    i think so.. just do what you prefer.

Well, it matters in a way. The growing occurs for 48(max 72 hours) after training. Training twice a week you will start this growing 2 times. Some people say that if you train once and harder, you will get big, but your body can't absorb more protein to ACTUALLY get bigger with more volume