Closed Thread
Page 5 of 330 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    bench pr today- 280. this makes me happy, wasn't easy, but it's done.

i think i could have had another 10 pounds with a liftoff, maybe 300 at my meet isn't too far fetched?
    Congrats. A small smile, immediately after the lift? I enjoy seeing people get excited with their personal efforts.

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can anyone give me a quick guide to get pictures to go along with a post. I can do attachments, but can't do links after uploading or pictures visible within the body of the text. Any help would be appreciated.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrFeelgood127 View Post
    Can anyone give me a quick guide to get pictures to go along with a post. I can do attachments, but can't do links after uploading or pictures visible within the body of the text. Any help would be appreciated.

PM sent in response to the one you sent me. If you have any questions, just let me know.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrFeelgood127 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Thanks

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    PM sent in response to the one you sent me. If you have any questions, just let me know.
    Thanks, thought you left. Shouldn't have doubted you.

In the sign-up and upload process.

Green skittles...

JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50) JumpSmash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bumping this from second page.

Well I recently got a newer c2 Model D, and rowed a 500m, and got a new PR of 1:38.2

which is 4 seconds faster than my times on an older machine.

maybe if i trained it a little more often I can get it down to 1:30

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright AirDyne owners, which of the numerous AirDyne discussion threads (and/or threads on anything else which have devolved into AirDyne discussion threads) have been the most useful to you??

I am looking for a solid thread on the AirDyne and the search brings up a sh&t ton of mentions in threads all over the site.

I need to spend more time on mine, and I am looking for tune up tips, ideas for unusual interval programs, or challenges to drive me.

It hit 40 degrees here today and melted away nearly all of the snow we just got last week.
    It went from looking like Winter, to looking like Summer in the course of a couple days.

...and I am still a long way from my Spring time goals.

(alternate question: I can be fairly thorough and descriptive.... should I start a 'master thread on AirDyne' and shoot for sticky?)
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Sup' crew?

Nice thread.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd just like to point out how much I love the internet.

10 minutes of searching (without knowing model numbers) yielded me .pdf's of the assembly manuals for all 5 of these commercial pieces I just bought.

This should make tonight a little less of a headache.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FatGymRat View Post
    Alright AirDyne owners, which of the numerous AirDyne discussion threads (and/or threads on anything else which have devolved into AirDyne discussion threads) have been the most useful to you??

I am looking for a solid thread on the AirDyne and the search brings up a sh&t ton of mentions in threads all over the site.

I need to spend more time on mine, and I am looking for tune up tips, ideas for unusual interval programs, or challenges to drive me.

It hit 40 degrees here today and melted away nearly all of the snow we just got last week.
    It went from looking like Winter, to looking like Summer in the course of a couple days.

...and I am still a long way from my Spring time goals.

(alternate question: I can be fairly thorough and descriptive.... should I start a 'master thread on AirDyne' and shoot for sticky?)
    I really dont feel like browsing through all the previous threads. But I can give you some good programs to use with the Airdyne.

#1 You can use it in any type of circuit (Tabatas or otherwise).
    Example:
    20 seconds of pushups
    20 seconds of kettlebell swings
    20 seconds of squats
    20 seconds of Airdyne (go all out for the full 20 seconds on each exercise)

rest 1-2 minutes and repeat 4 times.

Again, this isnt something original and you can use pretty much ANY exercise/ANY time frame with it in a circuit like this. These are great for fat loss and conditioning.

#2 Airdyne Death (be prepared to puke)
    Get on Airdyne and get to 100 rpm as fast as possible. After you get to 100 rpm, keep the rpm above 80 for the remainder of the two minutes. Rest 1 minute. Do it again. Do 3 rounds and up it to 5 as you progress.

#3 Arms vs Legs:
    Airdyne Bike – 40-20 Intervals: This workout is a favorite of combat athletes all over the world. It is very demanding but for those of you who can make it to the end the reward is great.

Legs-Only- 40 seconds, 20 seconds off
    Arms-Only – 40 seconds, 20 seconds off
    Legs-Only – 40 seconds, 20 seconds off
    Arms-Only – 40 seconds, 20 seconds off
    Both Arms and Legs- 40 seconds, 20 seconds off

1-Minute Rest. Perform this 6-minute circuit up to 5x for 30 total minutes

#4 Or, you can simply use it as a finisher. After you complete your weight training, go for 2-5 minutes as hard as you can.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey duders. Been awhile since I posted in this thread.

This week is deload, and I think I'm switching my remaining lifts still using 5/3/1 back to a 5x5. It worked a little while for me, but seems it's really slowing down on my bench and deadlift. Meanwhile I've squatted and shoulder pressed more weight for more reps since getting back on 5x5.

And two weeks ago I interviewed for another job, last week they called and wanted me to come back for another interview and go out to lunch, and yesterday they offered me the job. It's my first real job (still programming) and I'm finally going to make a little money, so I'm pretty psyched about it.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.18

I HATE lightbulbs.

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    I really dont feel like browsing through all the previous threads. But I can give you some good programs to use with the Airdyne.
    Thanks Buff, I've been looing for some different ideas too

buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    Thanks Buff, I've been looing for some different ideas too
    Enjoy the lactic acid and puke!

www.ShankAZombie.com

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Sup' crew?

Nice thread.
    look who stopped in- the godfather of the crew thread! what's up bro?

Originally Posted by Riggaman View Post
    I'd just like to point out how much I love the internet.

10 minutes of searching (without knowing model numbers) yielded me .pdf's of the assembly manuals for all 5 of these commercial pieces I just bought.

This should make tonight a little less of a headache.
    i also love the internet (though she costs me sleep on many days).
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jfindon View Post

This week is deload, and I think I'm switching my remaining lifts still using 5/3/1 back to a 5x5. It worked a little while for me, but seems it's really slowing down on my bench and deadlift. Meanwhile I've squatted and shoulder pressed more weight for more reps since getting back on 5x5.

And two weeks ago I interviewed for another job, last week they called and wanted me to come back for another interview and go out to lunch, and yesterday they offered me the job. It's my first real job (still programming) and I'm finally going to make a little money, so I'm pretty psyched about it.
    well, at least you gave it a try. 5/3/1 and 5x5 are my favorites.

congrats on the job! please be carefull with all your money, don't let it pile up too high

acid burn and puke: mmmm, mmmm, good!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Originally Posted by mensagitatmolem View Post
    Congrats. A small smile, immediately after the lift? I enjoy seeing people get excited with their personal efforts.
    sorry, just noticed this post.

i was glad to get a pr, didn't notice the smile. my wife watched the vid and thought i looked mad?

thanks brother.

acid burn and puke: mmmm, mmmm, good!
    Whats up brother. Had a chance to play with the row bracket yet?

www.ShankAZombie.com

Whats up brother. Had a chance to play with the row bracket yet?
    yea, a little. the only equipment i have that it will attach to is my pulldown machine. i loaded up the bar with 2 plates and started pulling it, shook the crap out of the pulldown. i had just finished deadlifts and didn't feel like messing with it too much, but i think i'll put a pair of 100s on the machines legs- that should hold it!

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    well when you put it that way . . . maybe I will just stick to my intervals

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Congrats on the job, JF. Do I smell new plates coming your way?
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well, at least you gave it a try. 5/3/1 and 5x5 are my favorites.

congrats on the job! please be carefull with all your money, don't let it pile up too high

Thanks

Originally Posted by pumping4life;
    Congrats on the job, JF. Do I smell new plates coming your way?
    Right now I'm gunning for the IM bench/Dumbbell combo, really need a new bench and I am more disgusted with spinlocks with every unfortunate use. Can't take them anymore.

After that would be plates though, if I could ever find any All the ones I like are either not available or I just plain can't find them. Or companies don't get back to me, which makes me not want their products anyway. I've never had less luck getting a response than with fitness companies, it's really quite annoying.

I HATE lightbulbs.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...........Right now I'm gunning for the IM bench/Dumbbell combo, really need a new bench and I am more disgusted with spinlocks with every unfortunate use. Can't take them anymore.

After that would be plates though, if I could ever find any All the ones I like are either not available or I just plain can't find them. Or companies don't get back to me, which makes me not want their products anyway. I've never had less luck getting a response than with fitness companies, it's really quite annoying.

I figured you'd be getting the IM's . I think for what you do, these will be an exceptional fit, I really like mine. If I hadn't gotten a bargain, I would gladly pay full price for these now. Everybody's got a different opinion, hope you don't get them and hold me accountable for that statement.....but I do like them . Are you thinking about the 120 add on kit too?

On the plates, did you ever contact Allison to see about a quote on the Legacy plates? I got mine (G-2's) for .7/lb shipped, but for some reason I don't think you liked them. The legacy's would be nice and kind of old school, but I don't know what she'd charge you. It would certainly be worth a shot.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I figured you'd be getting the IM's . I think for what you do, these will be an exceptional fit, I really like mine. If I hadn't gotten a bargain, I would gladly pay full price for these now. Everybody's got a different opinion, hope you don't get them and hold me accountable for that statement.....but I do like them . Are you thinking about the 120 add on kit too?
    I'm sure I'll love them, anything beats the 3 minutes to change the ****ing spinlocks

I'm not sure about the add-ons initially, I'd have to see the reflection in price and shipping. I did decide to just get the 165lb add-on though since it's only like $20 more than the 120. I think it would be another $235 without shipping.

On the plates, did you ever contact Allison to see about a quote on the Legacy plates? I got mine (G-2's) for .7/lb shipped, but for some reason I don't think you liked them. The legacy's would be nice and kind of old school, but I don't know what she'd charge you. It would certainly be worth a shot.
    Nah, never did. I thought I read somewhere that they weren't machined and weren't as nice either. Plus I figure I may as well really shoot for what I've always wanted, whatever style I get will likely be the last style I use.

I HATE lightbulbs.

hey man, congrats on the new gig!

just out of curiosity, are you on the madcow advanced program or something else? I've been on the intermediate for a while, and am thinking it is time to switch it up. Thanks

hey man, congrats on the new gig!

just out of curiosity, are you on the madcow advanced program or something else? I've been on the intermediate for a while, and am thinking it is time to switch it up. Thanks
    Thanks.

I'm not doing any of those planned out 5x5s, I just do sets across with the same weight. If I can get all 5 reps for all 5 sets, the next week I add 5lbs. If not, I stick to it until I can. I do that with all the main compounds. That's literally what got me from 170lbs to 225lbs, only changed once I hit 225lbs.

I HATE lightbulbs.

Thanks.

I'm not doing any of those planned out 5x5s, I just do sets across with the same weight. If I can get all 5 reps for all 5 sets, the next week I add 5lbs. If not, I stick to it until I can. I do that with all the main compounds. That's literally what got me from 170lbs to 225lbs, only changed once I hit 225lbs.
    Ah okay, so you just have separate days for each compound lift then basically? I was thinking about doing the same thing, I am getting tired of squatting three days a week

Ah okay, so you just have separate days for each compound lift then basically? I was thinking about doing the same thing, I am getting tired of squatting three days a week
    Yep, I split it up like:

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back
    Wednesday: Shoulders
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Additional arm work

I HATE lightbulbs.

Yep, I split it up like:

Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back
    Wednesday: Shoulders
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Additional arm work
    awesome, thanks man! congrats on your gains, 170 to 225 is very impressive

awesome, thanks man! congrats on your gains, 170 to 225 is very impressive
    I started at 135

And no problem.

I HATE lightbulbs.

I started at 135

And no problem.
    lol, dang man, that should be an inspiration to skinny guys everywhere!

I'm sure I'll love them, anything beats the 3 minutes to change the ****ing spinlocks

I'm not sure about the add-ons initially, I'd have to see the reflection in price and shipping. I did decide to just get the 165lb add-on though since it's only like $20 more than the 120. I think it would be another $235 without shipping................

Hmmmmm.......I'm either not understanding you correctly, or I think you didn't understand their site! Unfortunately, if you order just the 165lb kit, you will be disappointed because it is an extra add on "after" the 120lb add on. So, you need the 75lb kit, then the 120lb add on, then the 165lb add on to get to the 165lb db's. Each set comes with its own screws and the 165lb screws are not "quick locks", they are threaded all the way around......so you can't even "cheat" and just buy that one to add onto the 75lbers because they won't change as quickly.

If you wanted to get the db's up to 165lbs, it would cost over a grand:

75lb kit and stand: 568.00
    120lb add on: 244.00
    165lb add on: 283.00

(prices include shipping)

Total:$1095

Like I said, I may have misinterpreted what you said, but it sounded like you wanted to get the 165lb kit in lieu of the 120lb kit and I don't think that'll work right.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Closed Thread