ryan7792a has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder Labrum Injury/surgery

So i was recently told by my doctor i may have a torn labrum and if i want to lift heavy ever again i am going to need surgery. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes before you can start lifting again. I was also wondering how long before I could play soccer again after my shoulder surgery. I am currently in my high school season and i am going to play college soccer in the fall. I also need to decide if it makes sense to wait till after my current season to get the surgery...

mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mkit8971 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ryan7792a View Post
    So i was recently told by my doctor i may have a torn labrum and if i want to lift heavy ever again i am going to need surgery. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes before you can start lifting again. I was also wondering how long before I could play soccer again after my shoulder surgery. I am currently in my high school season and i am going to play college soccer in the fall. I also need to decide if it makes sense to wait till after my current season to get the surgery...
    Rehab for a torn shoulder labrum will take anywhere between 3-6 months. Chances are it'll be about 4 months before you are able to lift at a reasonable level again. If you were going to get surgery for it I'd say get it ASAP so you have a chance of getting back in time for fall soccer. Since you rely on your upper body, especially your shoulders to break a fall, I'd say soccer should be something you should do once the shoulder is 100%.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, if you're pretty fit then it should take you a shorter time than normal. Also, depends on how bad the tear is.

Since you don't use your arm for soccer (great) your rehab time is shorter and you can probably get back to weights faster.

Obviously, if you were like a baseball pitcher you'd need to get your shoulder very strong and stable before you even wanna go out throwing again.

pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pvk162 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm ten days out from surgery, mine was really bad and I won't be able to lift heavy again for about 7 months.

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pvk162 View Post
    I'm ten days out from surgery, mine was really bad and I won't be able to lift heavy again for about 7 months.
    That sucks man... good luck!

Ask your doc if some of the labrum you tore was vascular. If so, after the surgery some massage pushing the blood from the scapula forward into the acromial area may help the healing process.

NoSnakesAlive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its up to you man...I tore my labrum in my 11th grade year doin a bicycle kick, missed the rest of that season got surgery beginning of the summer and re tore my labrum a week before my senior soccer season started. I would play the season man, I still regret not playing my senior year....good luck man....if u got any questions hit me up ive had both orthoscopic and they cut me open the second time.

IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronRebel88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

shoulder injury

Hey man, I am about 7 months post operation. I had a posterior labral tear from partially dislocating (subluxation) my shoulder a few times. I was lifting light weights after 4 months, benching took 6 months to return to though. I am almost back lifting full force again. I am taking it a step at a time, slow and steady wins the race u know. My shoulder feels better and stronger than it ever has though. I would recommend getting the surgery, it is going to suck and demoralize you for a little while but when you start making progress you get your confidence back. JUST FOLLOW EVERYTHING YOUR PHYSICAL THERAPISTS AND DOCTOR TELLS YOU!!! I can't stress it enough. I hope that helps man, let me know if you got anymore questions bro and best of luck to you.

seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im 12 days out of my labrum tear surgery im looking to get back into weights in about 3 months from now or less. im not going to rush it but i cant wait. it will be 8 months since i havent done any presses, since i havent done any since nov 08 when i had the injury omg! i should of got the surgery before but i waited and see if it would really heal and nothing helped, labrum dont heal needs to be reattached.