jeffr66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Testosterone boosters & vasectomy

I never lifted during my twenties/thirties. After our second healthy child I got a vasectomy. Now in my fourties want to build up some size and strength before I get old .

My question is: are testosterone boosters effective if you've had a vasectomy? There isn't very much easy to find (or understand!) info out there and my doctor says I'm healthy don't worry.

teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

I'm no expert by any stretch the of the imagination, but since a vasectomy normally consists of severing the vas deferne-something tubes, and nothing to do with the testes themselves, I can't imagine why a test boost would be bad for ya/or not work. Everything you have works like it is supposed to, it's just that you are shooting blanks. .
    Last edited by teethpick; 11-18-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Realized you were wondering of effeciacy of test boosts

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a friend who has had vasectomy early in the game, and he works out like a "bull crazy for fook" - apparently he has no problem with test or testes for that matter, he chase "squirrels" in his late 50th like I did in my testosteron years.

Now regarding test boosters - my personal experience is very bad. Firstly, once on a booster I fell in love like a goddamn teenager for a chick that didn't worth it. Secondly, and most importantly, later in the cycle test gets back to normal no matter how much you boost it. And later on it taper off to nothing, pretty violent fluctuation I must say. Avoid all kinds of booster at all cost - thats my personal advice based on my experience. Most of those "boosters" are interfering with intricate balance in our bodies that nobody knows much about.

bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bgnb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jeffr66 View Post

My question is: are testosterone boosters effective if you've had a vasectomy?
    two different questions:

1. vasectomy only blocks sperm it has ZERO effect on your
    testosterone levels!

2. if testosterone boosters worked as advertised no one would
    take exogenous test ...

The best 'boosters' are

1. hard work
    2. rest
    3. diet
    4. ensuring proper supplementation (eg; zinc, protein, omega 3 ect).

teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10) teethpick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I thought boosters only maximized natural test production, hence the lower your natural test levels, the better they work. I don't think anyone expects to win the Mr Olympia with a test boost product.

Either way, I have some 11 oxo and 6 oxo on the way, so I get to see for myself...I hope you are wrong

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by teethpick View Post
    I don't think anyone expects to win the Mr Olympia with a test boost product.

Either way, I have some 11 oxo and 6 oxo on the way,
    The supplement companies want to win. They win by getting you to send them money for a product that will not work, will not boost your test levels but it does BOOST their bank accounts. There is not one decent study by a reputable testing agency showing that a test booster has ever raised anyones testosterone level.

If you think your test levels are low go get tested and find out where they are. If they come back low then there are decisions you and your doctor can make to get it back to normal. If it's normal then why do you need a test booster in the first place?

Do heavy deep squats and your test levels will go up. Follow a winning sport team and every time they win your test levels go up. Find a new love of your life and your test levels go up. But a test booster and all that happens is your wallet gets lighter..LOL

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This question really depends on exactly what you mean by "test booster".
    There are several products out that will boost testosterone production and have scientific testing to back them up. Diesel Test and Activate Extreme are two test boosters that have scientific tests backing up their claims. They also have lots of anectdotal eviidence as well in the supplement logs section. These test boosters work by actually helping the body to create more testosterone with the natural herb tribulus terrestris.

There is another way to boost testosterone with a product such as an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI). Men can only make estrogen through the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. This happens when the aromatase enzyme binds to testosterone and converts it to estrogen. An Aromatase inhibitor binds to the aromatase enzyme so it cannot bind to testosterone. This indirectly raises testosterone and free testosterone. Two top notch products with plenty of science to back up their claims are Novedex XT from Gaspari and 6 oxo from Ergopharm.

I have personally used Novedex XT and 6 oxo and from my own use can testify that both helped in the libido department. Whats more interesting with these two formulations is that you will notice that you become noticeably leaner while using them. This happens because there is more testosterone circulating through the body available to bind to the androgen receptors which in turn increase protein synthesis and provided you are consuming enough protein will grow muscle mass and burn fat.

Good luck.
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lukamar View Post
    The supplement companies want to win. They win by getting you to send them money for a product that will not work, will not boost your test levels but it does BOOST their bank accounts. There is not one decent study by a reputable testing agency showing that a test booster has ever raised anyones testosterone level.

If you think your test levels are low go get tested and find out where they are. If they come back low then there are decisions you and your doctor can make to get it back to normal. If it's normal then why do you need a test booster in the first place?

Do heavy deep squats and your test levels will go up. Follow a winning sport team and every time they win your test levels go up. Find a new love of your life and your test levels go up. But a test booster and all that happens is your wallet gets lighter..LOL
    "European studies suggest that tribulus extract can increase testosterone levels 30-50% above baseline levels ? but still well within the normal range"

http://www.supplementwatch.com/supli...templateId=100

Here is a clinical study on Novedex XT
    http://gasparinutrition.com/products.html

OTC PCT Guide

Owe:

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dmangiarelli View Post
    This question really depends on exactly what you mean by "test booster".
    There are several products out that will boost testosterone production and have scientific testing to back them up. Diesel Test and Activate Extreme are two test boosters that have scientific tests backing up their claims. They also have lots of anectdotal eviidence as well in the supplement logs section. These test boosters work by actually helping the body to create more testosterone with the natural herb tribulus terrestris.

There is another way to boost testosterone with a product such as an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI). Men can only make estrogen through the conversion of testosterone to estradiol. This happens when the aromatase enzyme binds to testosterone and converts it to estrogen. An Aromatase inhibitor binds to the aromatase enzyme so it cannot bind to testosterone. This indirectly raises testosterone and free testosterone. Two top notch products with plenty of science to back up their claims are Novedex XT from Gaspari and 6 oxo from Ergopharm.

I have personally used Novedex XT and 6 oxo and from my own use can testify that both helped in the libido department. Whats more interesting with these two formulations is that you will notice that you become noticeably leaner while using them. This happens because there is more testosterone circulating through the body available to bind to the androgen receptors which in turn increase protein synthesis and provided you are consuming enough protein will grow muscle mass and burn fat.
    Yup that's what the suppliers say. I've taken both and had my blood done on and off them and the result. No noticeable change in my blood test levels for trib or for novedex Xt. It's no surprise either that gaspari named it's product the way it did to confuse the consumer with the product Nolvadex which does work.

Originally Posted by lukamar View Post
    Yup that's what the suppliers say. I've taken both and had my blood done on and off them and the result. No noticeable change in my blood test levels for trib or for novedex Xt. It's no surprise either that gaspari named it's product the way it did to confuse the consumer with the product Nolvadex which does work.
    I'll go dig up a guy who also had his blood tested after Novedex XT and he had really elevated levels. His blood tests were done before and after. Just goes to show that just because a product doesn't work for you doesn't mean that others won't respond differently. Plus, if you look at the clinical study you'll see that it did work for others. Creatine doesn't work for everyone either some are non-responders.

OTC PCT Guide

Owe:

Here's the thread in Readers Digest form since there's a bunch of other BS in there you don't need to spend your whole night reading through.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...23&postcount=1

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=111

You can read all the other stuff in between if you so desire but that is proof it does work for others.

OTC PCT Guide

Owe:

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    originator of this question is just thinking about getting back in shape. At this stage in the game no one needs even creatine, not to mention testosterone booster. C'mon Jeffro, spend some quality time in a gym, and ask that same question about 12 months form now, if still interested.

StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't quite understand this test levels thing anyway. I have never been tested for levels and have no idea where I stand in that regard. I'm two months from 70, I work out 3-4 days a week, my muscles respond well, and I still can get it on a lot more than my GF cares to. What else is there to need to know ?

By the way, I had a vasetomy at age 35.
    Last edited by StartinOver-68; 11-19-2007 at 05:48 AM.

thepoetsuede has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Balding Issue

TO DMANGERIALLI:

Good info regarding these boosters. I have an additional question.:

Diesel Test and Activate Extreme work by actually helping the body to create more testosterone with the natural herb tribulus terrestris.

Novedex XT is an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI).

Well, I am 41 years old at 215lbs. My workouts are strong. I've decided to add a Testosterone Booster to my arsensal and see how things go. I've recently read that these products can "slightly" cause balding. I have been balding for some 8 years but I still carry a decent head of hair.

So, is either of these methods more suceptable to increasing balding either the natural herb tribulus terrestris or the Aromatase Inhibitor?

Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000) Olie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    originator of this question is just thinking about getting back in shape. At this stage in the game no one needs even creatine, not to mention testosterone booster. C'mon Jeffro, spend some quality time in a gym, and ask that same question about 12 months form now, if still interested.
    Hit it on the head. Don't worry about upping your test levels through supplementation as of yet. Get in there, hit it hard for a while and then start looking at it. Good diet, exercise and sleep will do wonders.
    I had a vasectomy and there is absolutely no change. Little guys just get to hang in the pool instead of going to the olympics. You and your sperm will never know the difference.
    Lift big, eat large, get huge! Kaz quote
    R.I.P. Jesse Marunde "Squat More!"
    R.I.P. PAPD Officer Brian Raymond #423
    Gone but never forgotten

Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diesel Test didn't do nothin' for me......but Activate XTreme has helped me quite a bit.
    I had my Vasectomy at 40 and it was the best thing I ever did...never did I think I was less virile..any problems you may think will happen are all in your head.
    Last edited by Capt. America; 03-27-2008 at 09:27 AM.
    A coward dies many deaths, a Soldier dies one.

Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Vasectomy does not effect testosterone production in any way.

Only the tubes are cut.

Unless you've been neutered (I know most wives would love this), you don't need any test booster. Did you lose any 'normal' male characteristics post op? aggression, growing 'moobs' etc? No?

Although some men do suffer with low counts post op, this is usually due to emotional reasons other than physical.

This may seem a silly example, but if you've ever had a pet cat or dog neutered, you notice they become more 'passive'. That doesn't happen with the 'snip'.

I did check into all this recently after a response from a thread I started. One thing to look at is alcohol consumption. That has a huge effect on test production. As I like a glass of wine or six with my dinner, I need to watch my intake if I want to grow.

But don't sweat the vasectomy thing, chance are that won't be a problem.

thepoetsuede has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Diesel Test and Activate Extreme work by actually helping the body to create more testosterone with the natural herb tribulus terrestris.

Novedex XT is an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI).

Well, I am 41 years old at 215lbs. My workouts are strong. I've decided to add a Testosterone Booster to my arsensal and see how things go. I've recently read that these products can "slightly" cause balding. I have been balding for some 8 years but I still carry a decent head of hair.

So, is either of these methods more suceptable to increasing balding either the natural herb tribulus terrestris or the Aromatase Inhibitor?

IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronUte70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dmangiarelli View Post
    Here's the thread in Readers Digest form since there's a bunch of other BS in there you don't need to spend your whole night reading through.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...23&postcount=1

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=111

You can read all the other stuff in between if you so desire but that is proof it does work for others.

FWIW,

I have used both Testosterone Cypionate and NOV-XT...

Similar results, similar feeling...NOV-XT boosts test leves for certain. I recommend it as an effective AS replacement.
    "Fight, gain some ground and fight some more."
    Louis L'Amour

Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gorilladf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've been nutuered and I've got no problems getting enough explosive rage to lift the weights.

Just read the newspaper and you get plenty of anger to fill your needs!