theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is 2000 calories enough for me to bulk on?

I'm 15 95lbs and i've been eating 2000 calories to bulk. Is it enough? Also, how can i increase my appetite because whenever i try to push myself further my gag reflex kicks in.

AKA: Swolebroham Lincoln kirksofcuz's Avatar
    kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by theamateur View Post
    I'm 15 95lbs and i've been eating 2000 calories to bulk. Is it enough? Also, how can i increase my appetite because whenever i try to push myself further my gag reflex kicks in.

If in 2 weeks you haven't gained any weight, then it isn't enough. If that happens bump it up another 300-500 calories.
    -Only one thing in existence has the power to tell you that you can't. That thing is the mind. For it is the mind that manifests our reality, and nothing else.

kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50) kirksofcuz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh, and the appetite thing takes time and consistent eating. The bigger you get and the longer you eat at surplus, the more used to eating at surplus your body will get and it will be easier to eat it. Once you get to the point where you have to cut you'll miss force feeding because being hungry is worse. lol
    -Only one thing in existence has the power to tell you that you can't. That thing is the mind. For it is the mind that manifests our reality, and nothing else.

theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theamateur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kirksofcuz View Post
    Oh, and the appetite thing takes time and consistent eating. The bigger you get and the longer you eat at surplus, the more used to eating at surplus your body will get and it will be easier to eat it. Once you get to the point where you have to cut you'll miss force feeding because being hungry is worse. lol
    ok thanks!
    1 more question: how much weight should i have gained after 2 weeks?

litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000)
    ok thanks!
    I would eat more than 2 k.... I am the same height and maintenance is 2200-2400 for me, and maybe like 2-5 lbs
    Last edited by litttlemiss; 02-07-2013 at 11:45 AM.

ok thanks!
    At least a couple pounds. You'll have noob gains so possibly even more with you. If you aren't at least 98 pounds or so in 2 weeks bump it up bro.

Originally Posted by litttlemiss View Post
    I would eat more than 2 k.... I am the same height and maintenance is 2200-2400 for me, and maybe like 5-10 lbs
    Well, height is irrelevant, but yeah. Even though you weigh 21 lbs more than him, it's a good assumption that your maintenance would probably be a good bulk for him. Still though don't dirty bulk and eat an unnecessary surplus of calories. You'll just gain more fat in the long run than you would have if you bulked clean and slow. Muscle can only accumulate so fast. So like I said, wait 2 weeks, if no gains are made, 300-500 caloric increase.

litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000) litttlemiss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kirksofcuz View Post
    Well, height is irrelevant, but yeah. Even though you weigh 21 lbs more than him, it's a good assumption that your maintenance would probably be a good bulk for him. Still though don't dirty bulk and eat an unnecessary surplus of calories. You'll just gain more fat in the long run than you would have if you bulked clean and slow. Muscle can only accumulate so fast. So like I said, wait 2 weeks, if no gains are made, 300-500 caloric increase.
    yea that is true, I do shakes on bulk, easist way to get more in with out feeling crazy full... and peanutbutter

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes, assuming you mean for breakfast.

Un-Aesthetic Diabetic wereireland's Avatar
    wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) wereireland is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by brehbrah View Post
    Yes, assuming you mean for breakfast.
    Strong this, how can someone gag on 2000 calories? I can eat double that and still be hungry..... Will prob cut on around 3k and just run more...
    ***Irish Misc Crew***
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150792433

UMF crew

Wetbreast gonna make it crew

brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000) brehbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    2k calories is like 1 meal...

Originally Posted by wereireland View Post
    Strong this, how can someone gag on 2000 calories? I can eat double that and still be hungry..... Will prob cut on around 3k and just run more...
    You weigh almost double his weight. More muscle mass = more calories burned at rest. So eating 2000 calories for him is probably like eating 4000 for you. His body doesn't need much to maintain.

TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSaltyAngus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    drink a huge glass or even 2 after every meal. that will fill in a lot of your calories. Dont drink untill after you finish your meal in order to eat more

Kev1029 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    One thing I see that wasn't mentioned. Are you paying attention to your protein intake? Because 2000 calories or even a 500 surplus won't do as much as it could IF you took a great amount of protein. But for your daily caloric needs, don't eat junk food. Naughty. Also, take a whey protein. Great way to get that boost!
    Stats:
    Deadlift: 520 1RM
    Squat: 455 1RM
    Bench: 2801RM
    Overhead Press: 200 1RM

l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50) l2evolution will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You just get out of the camps brah?
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

**Forever Legend**

Competitions
    ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º) ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)

TMisc Bulking competition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152133453

( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º) ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)( º ͜ʖ ͡º)

JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2000 hah, try 4,000 atleast if you are really serious about bulking then you have to be eating ALOT, and whenever i was bulking from 150-195 i would get that gag reflex too. i started viewing eating as a workout aswell, if you get that gag reflex take a 5 min break and then try to power down more food, it all comes down to how bad you want it
    bench 285x5
    dead lift 440x8
    squat 375x5

jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jeffreyvink has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    check once a week (in the morning on an empty stomach) what your weight is. If you do not gain any weight add 250-500 calories as a surplus. The ideal weight to gain per week is about 0.5-1 pound per week (2-4lbs per month). If you exceed this you will be gaining too much fat as well.

loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loic901 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JesusFreak07 View Post
    2000 hah, try 4,000 atleast if you are really serious about bulking then you have to be eating ALOT, and whenever i was bulking from 150-195 i would get that gag reflex too. i started viewing eating as a workout aswell, if you get that gag reflex take a 5 min break and then try to power down more food, it all comes down to how bad you want it

yep your a retard ...

4k cals for someone at 100 pounds? hes gonna turn fat in no time lol
    i eat 3k cals atm and im bulking

dont give stupid advice to new people

toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wereireland View Post
    hahaha true dat

JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JesusFreak07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by loic901 View Post
    yep your a retard ...

4k cals for someone at 100 pounds? hes gonna turn fat in no time lol
    i eat 3k cals atm and im bulking

dont give stupid advice to new people
    and your're 148lbs. obviously you haven't figured out bulking either
    bench 285x5
    dead lift 440x8
    squat 375x5

mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikehoang31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest starting at around 2500 cals as your base line. From there adjust accordingly. When I started bulking a month ago, I ate around 2700 calories and within 2 weeks I gained around 4 pounds. However I started becoming more active, so I raised it to around 3100 cals now. Been gaining 1 lbs a week consistently for a few weeks now.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    depends on your metoblism, are you gaining or losing while at 2k?

if losing up by maybe 200 if gaining reduce by 200, it all depends on your goals
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000)
    2000 calories is not enough for me to cut on... it's likely not enough for you to bulk on either.

Starting Weight:125 Eandretta96's Avatar
    Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Didn't know you had to be 200+ plus pounds after 1 week of bulking. Please go.
    *Gyno crew*
    No, I am no bo peep bro. I got that Craig Titus look. Barnyard back. It's absolutely piss. K peace out bye.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eandretta96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Try it out for a couple of weeks. If you are gaining slowly, keep it at 2000. Once you stop gaining, raise your calories by another 300. Oh and don't eat 4000 calories a day. That's just an excuse to get really fat unless you have a crazy metabolism.
    *Gyno crew*
    No, I am no bo peep bro. I got that Craig Titus look. Barnyard back. It's absolutely piss. K peace out bye.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Eandretta96 View Post
    Try it out for a couple of weeks. If you are gaining slowly, keep it at 2000. Once you stop gaining, raise your calories by another 300. Oh and don't eat 4000 calories a day. That's just an excuse to get really fat unless you have a crazy metabolism.
    Agreed. Don't just jump into the deep end because you're underweight, eat and gain at a moderate pace. I would keep it to 2lbs a week - you're so light that the extra fat gain wouldn't be so bad for you.

BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000) BruteMutant is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Eandretta96 View Post
    Didn't know you had to be 200+ plus pounds after 1 week of bulking. Please go.
    If you're talking to me, STFU.. his BMR is about 1400 calories, and his daily expenditure may be anywhere from 1700 if he barely does any exercise - 2200 calories if he's killin it in the gym 5 days/wk. Anyone with half a brain will tell you he likely needs more than 2000 calories to bulk at a steady rate.

I wasn't talking to you. Does it not show me replying to the other guy? Does it show my message as a reply to anyone?
    *Gyno crew*

Well considering I bulked up from 125 at 2300 calories, it should probably be less for him. That really just depends on your metabolism though. Some kids my age can eat 3000+ calories and not gain weight. That's why I said he should just test it out. If he isn't gaining, then just eat more. It wouldn't hurt him to overestimate his calories though.
    *Gyno crew*