Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000)

My 10 yr old wants/needs to gain weight

I have a 10 year-old son who wants to play football this fall but he is way too light. He is avg height but only weighs 67 lbs. His Doc says he should be between 80-90lbs.

He can barely finish a 4oz hamburger and doesn't like pasta or oatmeal...

Breakfast is a bowl of cereal, two eggs or pancakes and potatoes.
    Lunch at school is PBJ, milk, banana - sometimes canned chicken or tuna
    After school BSN TrueMass shake with whole milk and cookie,or cake
    Dinner is 4oz serving protein, carb rice or potatoes and broccoli, asparagus
    Before bed is ice cream or a shake

He burns a ton of calories at school and at little league baseball. Damn ecto genes!! I just started him on some light bis/tris and legs (squats/ dead lifts) work.
    Black Tank Crew

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

supps

don't they have supplements in a bottle....i can't think of the .....wait yes i can ....like ensure...but not for old folks?
    Land of Honalee

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well I don't know what to tell ya.......... my son is 17 & 6' tall and as thin as a rail. Try as I might I can't get him interested in lifting and even though he eats he doesn't put on any weight.

He takes after my Grandpa who was about 6'4" and thin as a rail too.
    Was friends with Methuselah

code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000) code3gt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Well I don't know what to tell ya.......... my son is 17 & 6' tall and as thin as a rail. Try as I might I can't get him interested in lifting and even though he eats he doesn't put on any weight.

He takes after my Grandpa who was about 6'4" and thin as a rail too.
    I hear that.... I don't want to be like Todd Marinovich dad and make my kid nuts about eating and sports. He is athletic just too damn thin to play football. I was thinking about getting one of those calf crates they use for Veal and make him not move j/k lol He wants to gain weight but needs some help that father time will have to give I guess...
    Black Tank Crew

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It is tough to gain weight if you are a kid with a lightning fast metabolism and are naturally thin. I remember when I was about 12 years old, I was 5'3" and weighed 80 pounds. My mother insisted I was too skinny and crammed all sorts of high calorie foods down my throat. She even "forced" me to drink a milk shake every day (whole milk, ice cream, and a banana). My fat little brother was soooo jealous . It was a valiant attempt, but I didn't really gain any weight. It wasn't until I was about 14-15 when I started filling out a little bit. So, you might be right....he may have to wait until he gets a little bit older before he starts to un-skinnify.

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was pretty skinny when I was a kid and pretty much just wanted to eat applesauce. That's bad! My parents were worried about me, as I was somewhat underweight. I walked to school and ran around and did the things that kids did during the 1970s. No video games, and I wasn't really into TV, despite the Fonz.

When I hit puberty, I started to really like bike riding. The exercise increased my appetite for meat and, well, potato chips. I put on weight pretty quickly, but it all went to the butt and quads because I wasn't working my upper body. I didn't know what was going on with puberty of course, except that I was a zit-ridden little 7th grader! But, I was normal weight by then....

I wasn't into ~any~ team sports as a kid. But I loved my bike, and had always walked to school. I didn't own a car until I was 20 years old.

All I can suggest is try to think up different ways to prepare meat so that it's tasty for him. Try different spices and different veggies on the side. Try making Chinese food, then make some chili, then the next night, make tacos etc. etc.

Ten is still pretty young for touch football. Is this flag football?
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    It is tough to gain weight if you are a kid with a lightning fast metabolism and are naturally thin. I remember when I was about 12 years old, I was 5'3" and weighed 80 pounds. My mother insisted I was too skinny and crammed all sorts of high calorie foods down my throat. She even "forced" me to drink a milk shake every day (whole milk, ice cream, and a banana). My fat little brother was soooo jealous . It was a valiant attempt, but I didn't really gain any weight. It wasn't until I was about 14-15 when I started filling out a little bit. So, you might be right....he may have to wait until he gets a little bit older before he starts to un-skinnify.
    He does well in school (has good grades) and a nice temperment. Like most any parent, I want him to be happy and successful. I feel bad not being able to help him bulk up a bit but atleast I can provide him some basics for lifting for right now. I figure his appetite might increase after working out for a while..
    Black Tank Crew

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Let him be. My oldest grandson was the same. A little ecto. I was 6'1" in my Sophmore high school year. He stopped at 5'7" 135 soaking wet. This May he starts with the Beverly Hills agency that reps half of the top NBA players.

Baldie

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    At ten I'm not sure weight lifting is the best route yet. He still has a lot of bone growth to go through before he bigins to overload that immature frame. Bodyweight exercises for the little ones are best.

For adding weight the only thing is more calories. Find ways to make what he will eat more calorie dense.

Other than that you could get him a PS3 he'll be fat in no time.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    Let him be. My oldest grandson was the same. A little ecto. I was 6'1" in my Sophmore high school year. He stopped at 5'7" 135 soaking wet. This May he starts with the Beverly Hills agency that reps half of the top NBA players.

Baldie
    I somewhat agree Baldie, but when my son asks me for help so he can play football, I want to help him out.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    At ten I'm not sure weight lifting is the best route yet. He still has a lot of bone growth to go through before he bigins to overload that immature frame. Bodyweight exercises for the little ones are best.

For adding weight the only thing is more calories. Find ways to make what he will eat more calorie dense.

lol about the PS3!! I agree. I coach Little League here in No. Ca. and we have (3) eleven yr-old boys on our team who have never played baseball before??? except for nintendo baseball that is..

I've read conflicting articles regarding what affects the growth plate(s) in children. My son's Pediatrician and Orthopedic both confirmed for me what I had been subscribing to lately. Strict form, light-medium weight and there is no issue. He broke his wrist skateboarding and I asked the Ortho about the growth plate issue. Apparently the injury has to be pretty severe to stunt the bone growth from what he showed me. Could explain why all those Nebraska, Iowa kids are monsters. Doing heavy chores as a kid can't be any worse then a few curls and squats lol
    Black Tank Crew

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post

Not quite true. I train kids around that age (10-13) and they love it most of the time. Given proper instruction lifting is good for them.

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My daughter is from China, and is 10 years and 4 months old. 4'9", 88 lbs of pure muscle from swimming.

How she got this way I have no clue, because she subsists on an occasional cheeseburger and fries and junky carbs like ramen noodles and refuses to eat breakfast. If a fruit or vegetable goes in her mouth, it is definitely an accident. She probably eats about 700 calories a day with maybe 25g of protein on average.

She practices with her swim team 3x a week and they swim at least a mile every practice.

She makes me doubt every bro science bodybuilding nutrition myth out there, including the eating lots of protein one.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    is he not allowed to play at that weight?
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    My daughter is from China, and is 10 years and 4 months old. 4'9", 88 lbs of pure muscle from swimming.

How she got this way I have no clue, because she subsists on an occasional cheeseburger and fries and junky carbs like ramen noodles and refuses to eat breakfast. If a fruit or vegetable goes in her mouth, it is definitely an accident. She probably eats about 700 calories a day with maybe 25g of protein on average.

She practices with her swim team 3x a week and they swim at least a mile every practice.

She makes me doubt every bro science bodybuilding nutrition myth out there, including the eating lots of protein one.
    Lol, good genetics I guess.. My boy is avg height and won't spring up until H.S. (like I did). He gets self conscious because he is the lightest kid and even the girls, like your daughter are heavier.

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    is he not allowed to play at that weight?
    He will be 11 when the season starts and he has to be atleast 80lbs or he cannot play. His coach said he should be around 90 lbs.. He needs to gain 2lbs a month atleast...
    Black Tank Crew

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by code3gt View Post

He will be 11 when the season starts and he has to be atleast 80lbs or he cannot play. His coach said he should be around 90 lbs.. He needs to gain 2lbs a month atleast...
    ok...I gotcha. That's tough for the lil man. Thing is if his metabolism is that high and he doesn't have much appetite there is not a lot you can do. You hate to try and force his weight as that will just develop bad eating habits which will be problematic down the road
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    ok...I gotcha. That's tough for the lil man. Thing is if his metabolism is that high and he doesn't have much appetite there is not a lot you can do. You hate to try and force his weight as that will just develop bad eating habits which will be problematic down the road
    You hit the nail on the head!! Slippery Slope, I don't want to force food on him but I would like him to go after his desire to play. Doing the dance of Encouragement without being overbearing is not easy... Dense calories is a good suggestion and I appreciate the advice.. Thanks guys
    Black Tank Crew

hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10) hardwarz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Train him to become a receiver.

Hardwarz

Originally Posted by hardwarz View Post
    Train him to become a receiver.

Hardwarz
    Lol, he loved WR ... He is fast and has a nice arm. He saw OLD high school (VHS) of me playing QB n that was it... Wants to be a QB now.
    Black Tank Crew

Honestly, I don't care what position he plays though, just that he gets the opportunity to play and have fun. If he has talent, it will be evident to his coach and we'll go from there.
    Black Tank Crew

ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a 10 year-old son who wants to play football this fall but he is way too light. He is avg height but only weighs 67 lbs. His Doc says he should be between 80-90lbs.

He can barely finish a 4oz hamburger and doesn't like pasta or oatmeal...

Breakfast is a bowl of cereal, two eggs or pancakes and potatoes.
    Lunch at school is PBJ, milk, banana - sometimes canned chicken or tuna
    After school BSN TrueMass shake with whole milk and cookie,or cake
    Dinner is 4oz serving protein, carb rice or potatoes and broccoli, asparagus
    Before bed is ice cream or a shake

He burns a ton of calories at school and at little league baseball. Damn ecto genes!! I just started him on some light bis/tris and legs (squats/ dead lifts) work.
    Every so often I see a post like this and just cringe. Seriously, I understand the desire to relive our childhood fantasies thru our children .. or whatever ... but you cant rush natural progression in a child when it comes to gainning weight. It'll happen ... maybe sooner ... maybe later ... but I would not reccommend placing an emphasis on weight gain on a child that is so young. If he wants to play, get a waiver from the league so he can play underweight and let him get used to the hitting .. and all of the other great things that comes out of playing football. Trust me ... I had the same issue with my son. He's now almost 18, 6'5", and maybe 170 lbs .... Weight just hasn't come for him yet ... but you know what they say about the "freshman 15" when they go away to college .... GL !!

Originally Posted by ultim8-one View Post
    Every so often I see a post like this and just cringe. Seriously, I understand the desire to relive our childhood fantasies thru our children .. or whatever ... but you cant rush natural progression in a child when it comes to gainning weight. It'll happen ... maybe sooner ... maybe later ... but I would not reccommend placing an emphasis on weight gain on a child that is so young. If he wants to play, get a waiver from the league so he can play underweight and let him get used to the hitting .. and all of the other great things that comes out of playing football. Trust me ... I had the same issue with my son. He's now almost 18, 6'5", and maybe 170 lbs .... Weight just hasn't come for him yet ... but you know what they say about the "freshman 15" when they go away to college .... GL !!
    Nice post, But You definitely could've left out the first line. You don't know me and If you read my previous posts, you should've realized that I want what's best for my son. I am just as proud of his grades in school as I am of his passion for sports. There is no waiver. He needs to make weight or not play. I love my kid and would like him to be able to pursue His passion. It makes me cringe when someone reads one post in a thread and then makes an assumption based on limited information... Unless you have a PHD in Child Psychology please keep your opinion to yourself... Thanks for the help
    Black Tank Crew

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    At his very young age, I'd tread lightly here. I'd make sure he has the knowledge to make a change if he wants, and then allow him the chance to do it himself. Good luck; he sounds like a great kid.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=110693421

i had a question a few months back about my 13 year old wanting to play but being to small i dont know if this will help.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    At his very young age, I'd tread lightly here. I'd make sure he has the knowledge to make a change if he wants, and then allow him the chance to do it himself. Good luck; he sounds like a great kid.
    Thanks Will, He is a very good kid. Kind heart and good natured. We'll give it our best shot! take care!

Originally Posted by Clif View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=110693421

i had a question a few months back about my 13 year old wanting to play but being to small i dont know if this will help.
    Lol Clif! I missed the thread... I realize it's a long shot posting on here asking for good advice.. You have your resident douchebags who feel the need to spew garbage rather than help a person out... oh well I guess you get what you pay for.. Great quote from ol Teddy via Buckspin I will be using it often

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
    Black Tank Crew

Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clif will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=code3gt;303653211]Thanks Will, He is a very good kid. Kind heart and good natured. We'll give it our best shot! take care!

Lol Clif! I missed the thread... I realize it's a long shot posting on here asking for good advice.. You have your resident douchebags who feel the need to spew garbage rather than help a person out... oh well I guess you get what you pay for.. Great quote from ol Teddy via Buckspin I will be using it often

my boy is hanging in there wants to play freshman ball next year...all 85 pounds of him!! if he keeps going to the gym with me all summer i may let him take a run at it!!

Best of luck to you

ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice post, But You definitely could've left out the first line. You don't know me and If you read my previous posts, you should've realized that I want what's best for my son. I am just as proud of his grades in school as I am of his passion for sports. There is no waiver. He needs to make weight or not play. I love my kid and would like him to be able to pursue His passion. It makes me cringe when someone reads one post in a thread and then makes an assumption based on limited information... Unless you have a PHD in Child Psychology please keep your opinion to yourself... Thanks for the help

My post wan not meant to be insulting. I do not have a PHD but I do have 18 years experience raising children. We all want the best for our children. And we can all find things in them to be proud of. But I did't think that was the point of your question. Trust me ... I get caught up in reliving my youth through my children. My daughter plays Nation travel basketball and starts playing in front of college scouts this Summer ... at age 14. I know there were many times I pushed her very hard ... to eat right, to lift, to practice ... and some where inside me it, part of it was for ME .... not HER. We all have it in us as parents whether or not we admit it. If your son wants it ... he'll work for it .... regardless of how you feel about it.

Let me share one more thing which will help you understand why I'm so against pushing weight gain / weight loss with children.(outside of obesity) About a month ago I was on the elliptical. I watched a young girl (about my daughters age) come in, go straight to the scale, weigh herself and then get on an elliptical. The look on her face the entire time was that this was a "chore" ... not something fun to her. She was NOT overweight at all. However, someone had obviously instilled in her that (HER) weight and appearance, as a child, was more important than being a child period. It really broke my heart because that could have been anyones daughter ... even mine.

Again, my original post (and this one too) was/is not intended to be rude or insulting. just my .02 ....

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    French fries, ice cream, candy, all the things kids like to eat. Chips.

He can metabolise just about whatever you can throw at him so get to the chip aisle and start to buying.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RBH58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ultim8-one View Post
    My post wan not meant to be insulting. I do not have a PHD but I do have 18 years experience raising children. We all want the best for our children. And we can all find things in them to be proud of. But I did't think that was the point of your question. Trust me ... I get caught up in reliving my youth through my children. My daughter plays Nation travel basketball and starts playing in front of college scouts this Summer ... at age 14. I know there were many times I pushed her very hard ... to eat right, to lift, to practice ... and some where inside me it, part of it was for ME .... not HER. We all have it in us as parents whether or not we admit it. If your son wants it ... he'll work for it .... regardless of how you feel about it.

Let me share one more thing which will help you understand why I'm so against pushing weight gain / weight loss with children.(outside of obesity) About a month ago I was on the elliptical. I watched a young girl (about my daughters age) come in, go straight to the scale, weigh herself and then get on an elliptical. The look on her face the entire time was that this was a "chore" ... not something fun to her. She was NOT overweight at all. However, someone had obviously instilled in her that (HER) weight and appearance, as a child, was more important than being a child period. It really broke my heart because that could have been anyones daughter ... even mine.

Again, my original post (and this one too) was/is not intended to be rude or insulting. just my .02 ....
    Great post. Too many kids these days have body image problems. I think that all parents should be concerned about childhood obesity, but at 10 they should just be allowed (and encouraged) to be kids.

djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    don't they have supplements in a bottle....i can't think of the .....wait yes i can ....like ensure...but not for old folks?
    I enjoy Ensure Plus, it's great for gaining weight. That stuff is full of vitamins and minerals and has around 300 calories per bottle. Just have him drink a couple of those a day in addition to his existing meal plan.
    💪💪💪Dirty South Crew💪💪💪
    �Possibly DRunk Posting Crew�
    ☆Building a Peel of Steel☆

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Meat, fat, and fruit. That's the only thing that works for my son, a true ectomorph......
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......