mindburnt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Taekwondo endurance training.

Any Taekwondo practionors here have a special endurance training method to increase their stamina for sparring?

SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HIIT and long-endurance running in combination will skyrocket your stamina.

Mishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mishima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    long distance running is no good for taekwondo fighters, because we dont run for long distances when we fight. taekwondo matches under olympic style are 3 x 3 minutes intense games of cat and mouse.

keep endurance training specific, to increase endurance for sparring by sparring, increase round times or increase the number of rounds. I learnt this while in korea, watching how some of the best korean fighters train.

mindburnt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was thinking of buying a hogu to train with in the mornings on the heavy bag and use during supercircuits(1 min jogging, 1 minute pushups, 1 minute jogging, 1 minute pullups, etc. for about 9-13 minutes) Im getting anxious to do all this when my wrist is healed.

Pezfighter17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I increased my stamina for sparring by hitting a heavy bag and practicing my sparring techniques on the heavy bag for 20-30 minutes.
    "Given your rep, I would have expected more of a fight"

Ht: 5'10"
    Wt: 155 lbs
    New deadlift max: 220

Styles: wrestling, Judo, and thai boxing

Mixed martial arts, anything else is only a game.

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mishima View Post
    long distance running is no good for taekwondo fighters, because we dont run for long distances when we fight. taekwondo matches under olympic style are 3 x 3 minutes intense games of cat and mouse.

keep endurance training specific, to increase endurance for sparring by sparring, increase round times or increase the number of rounds. I learnt this while in korea, watching how some of the best korean fighters train.
    I agree, but i do believe HIIT style cardio would help greatly because the fights are wide open one minute then slow the next, it flucuates like crazy. When i am training they put us through al kinds of varied levels of endurance. It kicks our butts for sure.

JCartman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skipping (Jump Rope) helped me a lot personally And spar a lot will help you to improve the overall fitness too and techniques as well. i hate running, it's so boring and i just have no interest whatsoever.. Do a lotta drills with help, say you do 50 turning kicks each legs really fast on a shield then do jumping squats for 3 sets 15 reps then move on to constant punching on the bag for say 2 mins really fast and then go down to 1-2 mins plank, that will drain the crap outta you and then you repeat all these over again for say 3 - 4 rounds... that's the usual stuff i do anyway, just mess around with it