Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigAnf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    'Tsall good. Banner looks great. You got some web skills, man.
    cheers brother, u got some mega talent with all your research articles.. they are gold!

97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97mboi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great read, Alan. Thanks for the invaluable insight.

xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xFORGEDx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great blog man, got some good information out of it, thanks!
    R.I.P Andy Irons
    ///on the road to the UFC///

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=635222653#post635222653
    - APP NUTS HGH UP/ FREE TEST SPONSERED LOG

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Cool, happy to be of help. I'll get another blog post up this week, it's been a hectic month.

ma2394 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey...great article, but I was curious. I'm currently a sophomore in high school and I'm thinking of going into a personal training type of career...what colleges and schools would be good for it? Anybody know?

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ma2394 View Post
    Hey...great article, but I was curious. I'm currently a sophomore in high school and I'm thinking of going into a personal training type of career...what colleges and schools would be good for it? Anybody know?
    http://askthetrainer.com/college-degree-reviews.html

ma2394 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you very much.

CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRuss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the blog!
    ΣAE

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift"

healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really enjoyed the read, thanks.

oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up Welcome and hello!

Alan, good to see you helping out others in the fields of fitness and exercise science. God knows we need more educated and practicing professionals out there to help combat the growing epidemics of obesity, poor eating, unsafe training and of course the volumes of dogma and BS people end of using as fact.

Anyway I have been an advent follower of your articles in Mens Health for years and I want to give you props on some very effective and useful tools for other professionals but also lay-people who read the magazine (one of only a few worth reading for good, accurate info on fitness and exercise).

I have not yet read up on you blog postings but I intend to as I myself and an aspiring strength and conditioning coach who is finding it darn well impossible to land interviews in the field unless you know the right people at the right places.......yeah not cool

I have recently shifted my search to college level fitness coordinator/programmer positions to see if I have better luck. So far I have found 13 openings all over the US. Now for some call backs!

All the best to you!
    UNBA Men's Physique Athlete
    ProLab & Blueprint for Athletes Rep
    Good Eats Local San Diego Rep
    TrainFightRecover.com Co-Founder
    abetterbitesd.blogspot.com/p/who-am-i.html

fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fast40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great stuff man. Faced with losing my current job of 10 years and surviving 3 major rifts in my company, I know my days are limited in the corporate world. We actually had a health and wellness department when times were good, but now...alas.

I've always considered taking my years in the gym (25) to a career. Its a staggering sobriety to read your articles and realize it takes a whole lot to get to where you are. With a family, I'm not sure I can make that cut in pay I may soon get and survive our current standard of living. So, your articles really helped.

Plus, I realized that you have to live it 24 / 7 and love it. My love would not go that far beyond the personal feeling I get from it. I enjoy putting together workout plans for others and occasionally help people train, pro bono. A full-time job, not sure...

Your articles showed me the level of commitment it takes and the sacrifices one has to make to reach career success. I don't think that's me anymore, but I thank God I read your articles to put things into perspective for me. For others, your stuff is wonderful for those that live for it and want it as a career. It just may not be for me.

Not everyone can do what you do and I realized it has to be something of an obsession to be successful, just like any other career. I don't have that desire, but your info was very much appreciated and needed to help me make up my mind. Thanks bro.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll try and read this tomorrow, alan.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

kbouwEV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome read. This is great information for anyone interested in becoming a fitness professional; an invaluable resource.
    Kristian Bouw
    CEO & Founder
    Evitca: Fitness Made Easy
    www.evitca.net
    Zynq Web Solutions -- Contact for a free website quote!

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alan, or anyone else reading, would you like to talk one on one via PM about my specific obstacles in the way of being a trainer?

I'm CPR certified and about to get my ISSA cert, I'm just having trouble finding any jobs within 30-40 miles of me.

ISSA Certified CFT

Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    Alan, or anyone else reading, would you like to talk one on one via PM about my specific obstacles in the way of being a trainer?

I'm CPR certified and about to get my ISSA cert, I'm just having trouble finding any jobs within 30-40 miles of me.
    Hit up my email (it's on my site & blog).

RevoPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Continuing Education

'Tsall good. Banner looks great. You got some web skills, man.
    Hey,
    Any thoughts on continuing education courses guys?
    Wanting to know best/worse courses people out there have done.

Originally Posted by RevoPT View Post
    Hey,
    Any thoughts on continuing education courses guys?
    Wanting to know best/worse courses people out there have done.
    I've been to the Perform Better summit a few years ago & found it informative. Aside from that, if you can attend the major conventions by the major certifying bodies (or at least the one you're certified by), then you'd pretty much have your hands full. I've heard good stuff about the IDEA convention as well. There's not a lot of good stuff out there in the nutritional vein that I'm aware of, unless you want to attend the very commercial food industry-biased shindigs of the ADA. I haven't heard much about the ISSN's conferences, but I imagine they're worth checking out since they keep up a decent journal.

tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000) tanikR32 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Alan, thank you for posting this up! I am looking to start working in the fitness industry since I have seen how much positive impact fitness has had on my life and I would love to help people get in to better shape.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123254471
    My Workout Log, Went from XXXXL to XL (updated regularly)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-losing-the-big-one.html
    My bodybuilding.com transformation of the week article!

Follow me on Twitter @TheFitBoss
    www.JordanGrahm.com is now LIVE!

notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) notorius1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Did you write a piece in Men's Health?
    Evidence.

Californians have a right to bear arms in public!

xXWheeleR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post, thanks

Originally Posted by notorius1 View Post
    Did you write a piece in Men's Health?
    Yup, a few.

Originally Posted by xXWheeleR View Post
    great post, thanks
    You're welcome

drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're welcome
    Man you may have just changed my life course. I've been having my soul sucked out of me at a desk job and it's good to hear what you've done and become. I read a couple of your articles before and have been very pleased. Thanks for the info. Rep'd

Edit: I also have a couple questions about getting started, I know your busy but let me know if you can help me out.

Originally Posted by drangel254 View Post
    Man you may have just changed my life course. I've been having my soul sucked out of me at a desk job and it's good to hear what you've done and become. I read a couple of your articles before and have been very pleased. Thanks for the info. Rep'd

Edit: I also have a couple questions about getting started, I know your busy but let me know if you can help me out.
    holler at me through here or through email

drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drangel254 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    holler at me through here or through email
    Your PM box is full edit: I emailed you off your blog.
    Last edited by drangel254; 08-04-2010 at 02:49 PM.

colletto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colletto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colletto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) colletto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    after literally just finidng out that i have more or less failed in a 2 year course in business and finance, reading your blog has re-affirmed how much i want to become a trainer/ nutritionist.
    FML

Coletto -- In this life, you have to find out what you enjoy doing, and make a career out of it. If you enjoy something, it's a lot easier to get good at it.

Alan, I've constantly been emailing resumes to potential gym employers, but, alas, have had no luck.

I emailed you roughly two months ago but did not get a reply.

Any advice?

Thank you for your time.

ISSA Certified CFT

Rhino/Lion-Trickshotter IanGeda1's Avatar
    IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IanGeda1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Didn't know where else to post this and wanted serious answers without negging.I wanted to become a personal trainer while also knowing as much about nutrition as possible. I was wondering if I should just continue my study in exercise physiology to become a personal trainer and get a nutrition certificate or go vice versa and get a a degree in nutrition and get a personal trainer certificate or maybe make exercise physiology my major and nutrition my minor? I love both training and nutrition but, I'm leaning more towards nutrition now as a major .Should I just double major or what? Read your blogs and loves them.
    1 Corinthians 6:19

No matter how strong you get,don't ever try to take it all on alone. If you do, you're guaranteed to fail..Itachi Uchiha

"‎Knowledge and patience will counter greater skill"....Marcus Crassus

Current stats as of May 13 2014:
    Bench:245
    Squat:335
    Deadlift:405

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will agree with most of this. Good insight.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.