Psikilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rollerblading for Cardio?

I find running/jogging VERY boring, would rollerblading be a could replacement if I still did it for 30-45 minutes at a reasonable intensity?

BTW- I shouldnt do Cardio in the mornings of Workout days right?
    Or else I'll be too tired?

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cardio is anything that keeps the heart rate elevated
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

Psikilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    but for burning calories is this efficient?

Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I HATE cardio as well, but unfortunately it is a necessary component of fitness, let alone for cardiovascular health.
    Rollerblading is great ( my favorite and only form during the summer ), because you not only get your heartrate up ( given you don't just 'roll' along ), but at the same time it works you legs, targeting butt and thighs ( think you are in a semi-squat position ). It also easier on your joints than running. Try blading in intervals...warm up, sprint for a minute, slow down, sprint again...trust me you'll feel it !

You can also try an indoor 'triathlon' if you are at the gym and pressed for time. Alternate intensity and equipment in one workout ...for example start on the bike, than jump on the treadmill and run for a while, back on the bike for a quick sprint, switch to the stairclimber...etc...
    that will get your heart up in no time.
    Build Strength, Build Health, Build Life !

HDSpeedwild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Iron-T
    You can also try an indoor 'triathlon' if you are at the gym and pressed for time. Alternate intensity and equipment in one workout ...for example start on the bike, than jump on the treadmill and run for a while, back on the bike for a quick sprint, switch to the stairclimber...etc...
    that will get your heart up in no time.

I have heard that you need at least 10-20 minutes to begin buring fat and that if you break and switch cardio it would take 10 minutes or so to get back into fat burning. Would your indoor triathlon still be efficient?

Does burning fat just mean a fast heartbeat regardless of the activity?

Will riding my bike to work for 15-20 minutes actually do much good or would it be a marginal calorie burn? I too love rollerblading and did that to work for the first time the other day for 45 min! but I can't do that everyday and I don't want to drive to work and then come home and do cardio later.

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Like D&G said, cadio is anything that keeps the heart elevated.

Roller blades cardio will help if your heart will be elevated. And actually, roller blades develope your calves, if you didn't know.

So there is no problem with it.

blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blackhawks87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    zombie resurrection haha

i play roller hockey and ice hockey.... Rollerblading is friggen great cardio.. I play an hour of roller hockey and i feel it for a while
    Take Ownership
    Mind over Matter for the win

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by blackhawks87 View Post
    zombie resurrection haha

i play roller hockey and ice hockey.... Rollerblading is friggen great cardio.. I play an hour of roller hockey and i feel it for a while
    Of course this thread is nearly a decade old talking about rollerblading. I can't remember the last time I saw someone on rollerblades. Which reminds me.... What's the hardest part about rollerblading? Telling your parents you're gay.
    Last edited by cyco85; 07-11-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: haha "thread" not "threat"
    Barely decent crew

mkmossop has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Personally I don't find rollerblading nearly as draining as jogging, so I think you'd have to really push yourself on rollerblades to get the same effect as if you were to jog.
    5 Food that Fight Abdominal Fat - http://bit.ly/fatlossfoods

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try skating 26 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes, then tell me it's not as draining as running. LOL!

VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500) VsmBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    i think its great cardio

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VsmBrah View Post
    i think its great cardio
    Thanks. Now after a decade the OP can now add rollerblading to their cardio routine!
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.