Closed Thread
Page 4 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 4MEandThem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ab Wheel hard?
    I know you can use a band for assistance.
    How long before your reps increased ?
    I think I want one but a lot of coin to drop if I can't make use of it.
    I gotta figure that even doing drops from it would be build the muscle fast enough if wasn't able to do raises at first.
    []--[]Equipment Crew #33[]--[]

Just be yourself...Everybody else is taken!

My Flickr Photo stuff.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 4MEandThem View Post
    Ab Wheel hard?
    I know you can use a band for assistance.
    How long before your reps increased ?
    I think I want one but a lot of coin to drop if I can't make use of it.
    I gotta figure that even doing drops from it would be build the muscle fast enough if wasn't able to do raises at first.

Ab wheel hard? LOL, not really even in the same category. When I started I could not do one rep. I had to push off from the FID I was using and keep working to use less and less arm assitance. TBH, with my new machine, I'm using the handles more than I used to now because its harder to do than the York was. I'll get there though. You definitely want one with handles in order to do negatives as you start.

They are expensive. There's a fair amount of steel in them, they have to be very stable when you're stretched out in front of them, and the knee pads have to be durable and comfortable because they take a beating.

I highly recommend getting one (whatever that's worth), but even more so I highly recommend doing ghetto GHR's either in your rack or on a lat pd if you have a stand alone. If you do them in your rack, it takes awhile to set up, but that's ok because you'll get a feel for the exercise before you drop that coin.....which makes the setup relatively cheap .
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I dunno Keet, I still can't do a rep of standing ab wheel. They are brutal done that way .

Originally Posted by JumpSmash View Post
    Looks like your back is rounding in the hole especially on the latter reps, you're going too deep into the hole.

Really quite annoyed at the moment, Been mucking around with different squat forms latey. Warmed up with ATG front squats on friday, went to fairly deep olympic high bars, then decided to do a few heavy 5 rep work sets of my usual, just breaking parrallel, low bar squats. Apparently this was a bad idea, as on the 5th rep of the second set I got a sharp pain in my lower back in the hole so immediately dropped the bar to the rails.
    Been stiff ever since, and it now hurts when I round it too far, as well as random pangs of pain/sensation.
    No idea of what I've done, or why it's happened, looking at the video I maintained my arch.
    Only explaination I can think is FS/olympic BS didn't warm my lower back up enough? I dunno.

F'in hate injuries.
    Last edited by Essexlad; 02-27-2010 at 03:52 PM.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    I dunno Keet, I still can't do a rep of standing ab wheel. They are brutal done that way .

Looks like your back is rounding in the hole especially on the latter reps, you're going too deep into the hole.

Really quite annoyed at the moment, Been mucking around with different squat forms latey. Warmed up with ATG front squats on friday, went to fairly deep olympic high bars, then decided to do a few heavy 5 rep work sets of my usual, just breaking parrallel, low bar squats. Apparently this was a bad idea, as on the 5th rep of the second set I got a sharp pain in my lower back in the hole so immediately dropped the bar to the rails.
    Been stiff ever since, and it now hurts when I round it too far, as well as random pangs of pain/sensation.
    No idea of what I've done, or why it's happened, looking at the video I maintained my arch.
    Only explaination I can think is FS/olympic BS didn't warm my lower back up enough? I dunno.

F'in hate injuries.
    Ouch.... I hate back problems man.. I've experienced the same problems but you just gotta make sure to do a lot of stretching/foam/tennis ball rolling/dynamic warmup. There can be a lot of problems from tight hips, inactive glutes, that put more stress on your back to take the load or even loss of flexibility to arch your back

How much warmup are you doing before your work sets?

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by blaze_itt View Post
    Ouch.... I hate back problems man.. I've experienced the same problems but you just gotta make sure to do a lot of stretching/foam/tennis ball rolling/dynamic warmup. There can be a lot of problems from tight hips, inactive glutes, that put more stress on your back to take the load or even loss of flexibility to arch your back

How much warmup are you doing before your work sets?
    That day was my usual warm up (jump rope and a few non taxing sets of push-ups, pullups, BW+bar squat variations) ~5 light sets of FS, 2-3 sets of lightish Oly squats. The switched to low bar and ouch.

I know my glutes are firing fine, I'm a very glute dominant squatter, but my hips are always quite tight come to mention it. Might have to look into them.

Just hope it's nothing serious at the moment lol.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    I was going to say the same thing, because I have the same thing happening to me when I go deep. It could mean that you need to stretch more on a roller(on my list) and it could be weak hamstrings or glutes. Now, I wished I had a GHR instead of a roman chair, but can't afford right now. I would have to make space for that kind of equipment also. It's frustrating because for me now it means that I can't go that deep anymore until I resolve this.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    take note from me:

slowly read the description on ebay items, and don't just skip through when you see that it says great condition.

<---- currently locked into a bid of 182.50 for a airdyne w/ a broken display lmfao.

I think my wife is gonna smack me :P

edit: whew just got out bid with like 3 mins left.... man now i dont have to get smacked :P
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm trying to do what he says:

Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    take note from me:

slowly read the description on ebay items, and don't just skip through when you see that it says great condition.

<---- currently locked into a bid of 182.50 for a airdyne w/ a broken display lmfao.

I think my wife is gonna smack me :P

edit: whew just got out bid with like 3 mins left.... man now i dont have to get smacked :P
    I've seen some as low as $75 and one in very nice silver one for $140. I'm not loking for one now, but later I might just grab one. It will have to be a white one though.

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i've seen em that low too, but I am in a decent bit of need for a good cardio machine, as my golds gym magnetic bike kinda sucks (plus the battery plate is broken, so I have to ghetto it with string and tape to get the display/magnet to work)

Guys, I'm thinking of getting a roller, since I'm finding out lately that I need to stretch and bring up the flxibility. When I go deep in the hole my back is rounding up. It's normal a lil bit, but I want to eliminate it altogether. Anyone has any recommendations for rollers or youtube vids that show some nice exercises? I searched but all I get is bozo trainers.

Off to search in the strongman isle.

elitefts foam roller vid (well it has some foam roller things, it is really a squat injury prevention vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZZMZ***qs

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)

I have this one for $10. I've been using it for a year regularly and it's the same as when I got it. I like that it is short. Also use a tennis ball sometimes too

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=114&pid=1479

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Guys, I'm thinking of getting a roller, since I'm finding out lately that I need to stretch and bring up the flxibility. When I go deep in the hole my back is rounding up. It's normal a lil bit, but I want to eliminate it altogether. Anyone has any recommendations for rollers or youtube vids that show some nice exercises? I searched but all I get is bozo trainers.

Off to search in the strongman isle.
    i've got a foam roller, not sure where i bought it- i think it was at american home fitness (local equipment store). the ones from elite have good reviews, and i've seen them at target as well. i also use a tennis ball, but damn it hurts. it does help, though, and gets into places the roller will not.

read up on the "agile 8" on this link:
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...tml#question04

here's a video in this link for "simple 6"
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask..._08-10-31.html
    Last edited by animalfan; 02-27-2010 at 06:49 PM.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    US Bobsled Team takes Olympic Gold.......first time in 62 years!!!!! USA USA USA!!!!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

I found a 3" PVC pipe long enough. Would that be good enough? Or is it too hard to do rolling? Also, how much does this help with flexibility? Will it help with the rounding in the hole? My squats look exactly like Jumpsmash'. I will need to go higher but damn it I like squatting low.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    US Bobsled Team takes Olympic Gold.......first time in 62 years!!!!! USA USA USA!!!!
    i missed it- was watching wall-e with the kids. i've got the men's hockey game (for the bronze) on right now.

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    I found a 3" PVC pipe long enough. Would that be good enough? Or is it too hard to do rolling? Also, how much does this help with flexibility? Will it help with the rounding in the hole? My squats look exactly like Jumpsmash'. I will need to go higher but damn it I like squatting low.
    some people do use pvc- to me it seems like it would be painfull. give it a try- can't hurt. i started rolling and doing the agile 8 at about the same time so i'm not sure which helped the most. i know the tennis ball along my spine and on my lower back really helped me.

i've been slacking with it myself, i need to get back into doing it. for a while i was doing it almost every day, lately it's maybe twice a week, sometimes just once.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

Pvc would work. Maybe you can get some of that swimming pool noodle stuff to make it less painful. Also do some stretching and hip mobility stuff. Flexibility will help with rounding in the hole but it could also be a form issue such as keeping your chest up, sitting back, "opening" your hips, and maybe knees out.

Dan John also has some good techniques in this video such as potato sack squat which help hip flexibility. Great video along with the one you posted

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1858251744&hl#

lol, wtf?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87647189809806

he had to let her win.

i'm trying to decide if i should sit here or go watch 300. i've been wanting to watch it again.

eh, gonna watch 300. later fellas.

bench pr today- 280. this makes me happy, wasn't easy, but it's done.

i think i could have had another 10 pounds with a liftoff, maybe 300 at my meet isn't too far fetched?

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post

i think i could have had another 10 pounds with a liftoff, maybe 300 at my meet isn't too far fetched?

Nice job, Animal!

GJ bro, always nice when you get a PR

Fantastic effort Animal!! I'm gonna have to get to work!

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good lift, man!

Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    Nice job, Animal!
    Originally Posted by xephonics View Post
    GJ bro, always nice when you get a PR
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Fantastic effort Animal!! I'm gonna have to get to work!
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    good lift, man!
    thanks guys!

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great lift.

(Faith No More!, much better than the last vid)
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

Originally Posted by FatGymRat View Post
    Great lift.

(Faith No More!, much better than the last vid)
    yea, they were one of my favorite bands back in the day. their cover of stevie wonder's "easy" is amazing- one of my top 10 favorites.

captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000) captmorganm6 is just really nice. (+1000)

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 23 []---[]

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"

Once, at my local gym, I went into the locker room to take a leak. There was this little hairy, naked guy (probably my age) with it swinging down to his knee. He was really showing it off and smiled at me (WTF?!?) and winked. Me, being me, told him out loud, "if you want to impress me with that, have it hold up a barbell with 2 plates a side."

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yea, they were one of my favorite bands back in the day. their cover of stevie wonder's "easy" is amazing- one of my top 10 favorites.
    Faith No More...great choice.

Adding that to the workout mix today.

Closed Thread