ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000)

KETO and VEGETABLES

Are huge salads okay in the KETO diet (without dressing)?
    I ask this because vegetables contain some carbohydrates...

Please excuse my ignorance, and yes i've used the search button.

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ASK. View Post

log everything you eat into FitDay, the Daily Plate or some other food log (I use CalorieKing but I'm an Aussie). As long as it fits into the 65/30/5 macros you'll be good

Also, green leafy veggies are lowest in carbs

fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000) fates_child03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ASK. View Post

It depends exactly what is in your salad. There are some veggies like tomato, onion, carrot etc that can add up on the carbs if you arent careful.
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Pain is temporary, failure lasts forever

Tranformation of The Week
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm94.htm

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay in all honesty...and I'm waiting for Atavis to chime in...I'd like to see you gorge on enough fibrous veggies to screw you up on this diet. You have to eat a TON for it to matter. It has to do with the glycemic load of the veggies...and the fact that they are mostly fiber and pretty much cancel themselves out calorie and carbwise. If you are eating the right veggies (anything but potatoes, corn and peas), you cannot eat too much. Eat up and enjoy!

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by redheadlaw7 View Post
    Okay in all honesty...and I'm waiting for Atavis to chime in...I'd like to see you gorge on enough fibrous veggies to screw you up on this diet. You have to eat a TON for it to matter. It has to do with the glycemic load of the veggies...and the fact that they are mostly fiber and pretty much cancel themselves out calorie and carbwise. If you are eating the right veggies (anything but potatoes, corn and peas), you cannot eat too much. Eat up and enjoy!
    really? (yes newbie)
    How about carrots, tomatoes and onions? I thought they were pretty high carb as far as veggies go. Which ones can I pretty much not count? I'd love to be able to get more veggies in a day but at the moment I have to be careful - I'm only on 18g effective carbs a day!

redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redheadlaw7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gecko... View Post
    really? (yes newbie)
    How about carrots, tomatoes and onions? I thought they were pretty high carb as far as veggies go. Which ones can I pretty much not count? I'd love to be able to get more veggies in a day but at the moment I have to be careful - I'm only on 18g effective carbs a day!
    Well carrots, tomatoes and onions count, but if you are strictly eating low carb...no harm no foul.

ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000) ASK. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks guys. You guys answered all my questions.

andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrewpoleon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are eating brocolli, califlower, spinach, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, you are fine. Don't even count it towards your macros.
    In College Bulk Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=385082041#post385082041

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117454801 (old cut/ keto/mini bulk)

Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119498161

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Green, leafy or salad veg are pretty much free foods. It's just about impossible to eat so much that you'd affect ketosis. Root and fruit veg like carrots, onions and tomatoes can be eaten on keto, you just have to watch amounts.

But absolutely, huge green salads are fine. In fact, my general recommendation is that you fill at least half your plate with green at every sit down meal. More won't hurt.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohmygosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Green, leafy or salad veg are pretty much free foods. It's just about impossible to eat so much that you'd affect ketosis. Root and fruit veg like carrots, onions and tomatoes can be eaten on keto, you just have to watch amounts.

But absolutely, huge green salads are fine. In fact, my general recommendation is that you fill at least half your plate with green at every sit down meal. More won't hurt.
    Do you mean like a whole head of lettuce or 2? With olive oil or something? I'm embarrassed that I can eat a pre-packaged pack of salad that says "serves 11" with no difficulty.
    "We are all just animals in the jungle drinking at the water hole. We think we can reason but it's not true. As long as there is enough water or you don't get too close to my water then we can co-exist. If not, we fight."
    -Confucius

Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ohmygosh View Post
    Do you mean like a whole head of lettuce or 2? With olive oil or something? I'm embarrassed that I can eat a pre-packaged pack of salad that says "serves 11" with no difficulty.
    Who the heck makes up these serving sizes??

I eat about 2 cups of greens at a sitting, they fill you up, great macros,for few calories and carbs so really you can not go wrong.
    Def use some sort of fat with the greens you need it to absorb phytochemicals in the greens. Thats alpha- and beta-carotene and lycopene ( assuming you had a tomato in there also!)

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My rule of thumb is that at least half your plate should be full of greens, and more is no harm.

Portion sizes are a joke. I can't get over the number of times I've bought a packet of something to find that I'm holding two and a quarter portions or something equally silly.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Blm035 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is 5 g carbs per meal or 5 g is all u can have a day?

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As long as you are not going over your carb amount you're good! Iceburg and Romaine and even Spinach salads are great. Make dressing with erythritol (0 cal sweetener), apple cider vinegar (with teh mother) or red wine vinegar, olive oil (or oil of your choice) and some lemon pepper. AMAZINGNESS
    All American EFX Rep

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.