TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training friends for free in order to build a portfolio, legal issues?

If I have them answer a questionaire, then I assign to them workout routines,Are there any legal issues I should be worried about?
    I mean there is no agreement for any exchange of money, I am solely doing this to help them and also to benefit me into building a portfolio.I plan to be making them sign a piece of paper that says I accept no responsibility if they get injured, but is that enough?

I used to be a personal trainer about four years ago but did not continue as I changed interests in career. I have however found that part time ( or hopefully full time someday!) I would like to begin training again, as I enjoy being in the gym and helping people achieve their fitness goals!

Any information would be great!

Thank you BB Forum
    I WILL GLADLY ACCEPT ANY MOTIVATION, TIPS, ADVICE, KIND OR HARSH WORDS, WITH AN OPEN MIND.

PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50) PeteratCastle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you have certs? No issues there then. Obv you need insurance though, just in case.
    High quality Home Personal Training in Edinburgh, UK.

www.castlepersonaltraining.com

Look us up on ******** "Castlepersonaltraining" or just look me up "Peteratcastle"

itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TLotou View Post
    If I have them answer a questionaire, then I assign to them workout routines,Are there any legal issues I should be worried about?
    I mean there is no agreement for any exchange of money, I am solely doing this to help them and also to benefit me into building a portfolio.I plan to be making them sign a piece of paper that says I accept no responsibility if they get injured, but is that enough?

I used to be a personal trainer about four years ago but did not continue as I changed interests in career. I have however found that part time ( or hopefully full time someday!) I would like to begin training again, as I enjoy being in the gym and helping people achieve their fitness goals!

Any information would be great!

Thank you BB Forum
    Just have insurance and have them sign a waiver thats all. Set to go.
    www.4u-fitness.com
    www.********.com/4ufitness

TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TLotou has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What if I am just in the process of getting certified? Also, any info on getting insurance would be great. Previous links or posts made about it if anyone can link me?

Thanks
    I WILL GLADLY ACCEPT ANY MOTIVATION, TIPS, ADVICE, KIND OR HARSH WORDS, WITH AN OPEN MIND.

itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What if I am just in the process of getting certified? Also, any info on getting insurance would be great. Previous links or posts made about it if anyone can link me?

Thanks
    Well in order to get insurance you need certification number. If you are in the hurry just find an online free or cheap certification pass it use it for the insurance and you will have time for your legit certification...

Insurance: Elite Risk Insurance Solutions its about $180/year cover up to 3 mill...
    www.4u-fitness.com

Ok great, thanks a lot!

But training a friend, I can still be liable? I mean I workout/train my cousins and friends all the time already. Its just that this time i want to document so.e of their progress. wouldn't it be the same idea, or wiuld you still say to get insurance?

What if, they signed a paper that said they couldn't sue for anything that may be cause by physical activities. Would that hold up in a court of law?

Now I don't picture it would happen AT ALL, but like they say. Rather safe than sorry

Ok great, thanks a lot!

But training a friend, I can still be liable? I mean I workout/train my cousins and friends all the time already. Its just that this time i want to document so.e of their progress. wouldn't it be the same idea, or wiuld you still say to get insurance?

What if, they signed a paper that said they couldn't sue for anything that may be cause by physical activities. Would that hold up in a court of law?

Now I don't picture it would happen AT ALL, but like they say. Rather safe than sorry

Ok great, thanks a lot!

Yes it would if it says something like: you are not responsible for anything and this is just training advice it is their choice to take it or not... long story short.
    www.4u-fitness.com