MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)

groin/hip area sore

anyone know much about what this could be..
    for the last 3 weeks i havent squatted due to a very sharp pain im getting in the inner of hip, best way i can think of describing the area is like the rotator cuffs on shoulders, but in your leg, whatever is involved in twisting your leg then thats whats really sore for me. I cant get down into squatting position without it giving a big sharp pain. The worst part is it doesn't seem to be healing and is actually getting a little worse and i cant see why as i haven't been doing any activity that could be aggravating it. I notice its very sore when i wake up in the mornings too.
    Any ideas?
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sacriolic joint maybe, pinched nerve?

sacriolic joint

http://www.eorthopod.com/eorthopodV2...f61e50b/area/5

someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) someguy20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by someguy20 View Post
    Sacriolic joint maybe, pinched nerve?

sacriolic joint

http://www.eorthopod.com/eorthopodV2...f61e50b/area/5
    Hope I helped and hope its not a pinched nerve but maybe a groin strain as those can take a while to heal.

BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'm in the same boat as you, only mine is not as bad. I started getting the pain when I was walking sometimes, but stretching eliminates the pain for the time being. I started working on my groin more, and it is not painful when I do that...only when I squat, leg press, or sometimes walk.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    see i dont feel it when i walk or run, a little when i cycle.. just whenever i bend deep at the hip, i can actually do things like leg extensions fine without pain, but coming down for a squat or leg press forget it.
    and someguy thanks for the suggestion but THANKFULLY i dont think its that problem as i should of described more but my pain would be more on the outside where the ilium is rather than the sacroiliac

euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it on one leg/one side of pelvis or both?

Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    see i dont feel it when i walk or run, a little when i cycle.. just whenever i bend deep at the hip, i can actually do things like leg extensions fine without pain, but coming down for a squat or leg press forget it.
    and someguy thanks for the suggestion but THANKFULLY i dont think its that problem as i should of described more but my pain would be more on the outside where the ilium is rather than the sacroiliac
    Ahh maybe your pelvis on one side is laterally raised? I was just dealing with this+ a pinched nerve chiropracter could you help you out, also maybe kidney problems.

Originally Posted by euphoria1 View Post
    Is it on one leg/one side of pelvis or both?
    just the left

VtecTypeR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same pain on the left man. If you want it healed ASAP I highly recomend you get A.R.T.

euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just the left
    ahh, then read what someguy20 said. It is most likely that your pelvis is out of alignment for some reason; odd muscle imbalances causing functional short leg, structural short leg.

Try the chiropractor and get an xray to see what is going on with your spine and pelvis area so you can figure out a good treatment to attack the problem. It is most likely affecting the amount of weight you can use for squats, and other exercises, including bench, lat pull downs.

ahh, then read what someguy20 said. It is most likely that your pelvis is out of alignment for some reason; odd muscle imbalances causing functional short leg, structural short leg.

Try the chiropractor and get an xray to see what is going on with your spine and pelvis area so you can figure out a good treatment to attack the problem. It is most likely affecting the amount of weight you can use for squats, and other exercises, including bench, lat pull downs.
    You know anyway to permanently fix this problem when I went in the chiro showed me that my rigght pelvis was up 8cm because of some muscle in my stomach, anyway I could fix this ill probly just ask him but hes more of a adjuster then a muscle man, although its cool he used to do BB championships a real big guy.

an odd exercise I dont know the name of nor can I find on the net.

Stand straight, keep your pelvis and shoulders parallel to the ground and try to shift your upper body over to the opposite direction that your pelvis is sagging (so if you are sagging at the right, try to shift your torso over the the left) and hold for a count of 3. then shift back and then repeat. You should feel it in the oblique area.

-|-
    |
    /\

Sort of like the bastardized ascii drawing that I had to exaggerate the shift in upper body because it wasn;t lining up to begin with.

Also saxon side bends, side hip thrusts
    Last edited by euphoria1; 04-17-2007 at 03:54 PM.

red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_plague is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Geez. I have the same issue. It was sore on the inside left leg near the groing and it was like that last week (from squats) and then I heard a "pop" this week and it got worse.

I guess I'll be doing heavy leg ext and light leg presses and lunges waiting for it to recover?

an odd exercise I dont know the name of nor can I find on the net.

Stand straight, keep your pelvis and shoulders parallel to the ground and try to shift your upper body over to the opposite direction that your pelvis is sagging (so if you are sagging at the right, try to shift your torso over the the left) and hold for a count of 3. then shift back and then repeat. You should feel it in the oblique area.

-|-
    |
    /\

Sort of like the bastardized ascii drawing that I had to exaggerate the shift in upper body because it wasn;t lining up to begin with.

Also saxon side bends, side hip thrusts
    Thanks for the try but I dont really understand lol just wondering did you deal with this problem you seem to have alot of info on this.

thanks Euphoria.
    For my sake i hope your wrong, i've never had this problem before so at least thats a good sign, imo ive just hurt a tendon or ligament there and its just inflamed and obviously using it everyday it will take time to heal, lets hope its as simple as that! the worst part is no real leg work besides extensions

thanks Euphoria.
    For my sake i hope your wrong, i've never had this problem before so at least thats a good sign, imo ive just hurt a tendon or ligament there and its just inflamed and obviously using it everyday it will take time to heal, lets hope its as simple as that! the worst part is no real leg work besides extensions
    Its not as big as it sounds, pelvises are easy to get back in with the help of a chiro its keeping them there that could be a tad harder I beleive just need muscles helping in there im pretty sure that a chiro, PT, or doctor could help you with these muscle imbalances if thats whats calling it.

iamenfuego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HIP FLEXOR!!!! i get these all the time in lacrosse they kill, if it is hip flexor dont stretch cuz u will aggrovate it. stay off ur legs and take an ibuprofen. ice and heat also.

Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not enough information to state what it is yet.

What brings upon the pain? Flexion? Extension? Ab/adduction?

Is pain increased with your knee flexed or extended?
    My blog:filled with good stuff
    http://www.jimmysmithtraining.com

Awesome ******** page for training and diet information
    www.********.com/physiqueformula

Various bodybuilding, fitness and nutrition ramblings throughouts the day
    www.twitter.com/jimmysmithtrain