cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hardcore Gyms In Massachusetts: Where Are They?

I used to go to Gold's Gym which is in Chelmsford, your typical gym-turned-healthspa; lots of yuppies go there, etc. Currently, I go to the YMCA in Lowell, which is sort of "gritty", but still not the feel I really want. A reference point for a true hardcore gym is where Ronnie Coleman trains: Metroflex in Arlington, TX. That's a hardcore gym through and through. Milos Sarcev's Koloseum Gym is also supposed to be quite the experience.

Preferably something that's close to the Greater Lowell area, but either way, do any of you guys know where some of these hardcore gyms are around here? Not sure how many of you are from Mass, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by cakedonkey; 10-04-2007 at 08:51 PM.
    SAN Nutrition
    sann.net / pumpedmag.com / starmarklabs.com

rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000) rocco421 is just really nice. (+1000)
    during college i worked out at golds near fenway. pretty hardcore and occasionally you got to see red sox/celtic players

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cakedonkey View Post
    I used to go to Gold's Gym which is in Chelmsford, your typical gym-turned-healthspa; lots of yuppies go there, etc. Currently, I go to the YMCA in Lowell, which is sort of "gritty", but still not the feel I really want. A reference point for a true hardcore gym is where Ronnie Coleman trains: Metroflex in Arlington, TX. That's a hardcore gym through and through. Milos Sarcev's Koloseum Gym is also supposed to be quite the experience.

Preferably something that's close to the Greater Lowell area, but either way, do any of you guys know where some of these hardcore gyms are around here? Not sure how many of you are from Mass, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks all.
    They don't really exist, bro. Gyms around here are pretty ordinary.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cakedonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    They don't really exist, bro. Gyms around here are pretty ordinary.

Well damn, at least we're the best at everything else I suppose.

They gotta be around here somewhere though.

Thanks for the heads up rocco. I usually go to Boston to hang out, but it's about a 45 min. drive from Chelmsford.
    SAN Nutrition

MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MegaHercules is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hate the health gyms and commercial gyms. I'll take a good old gritty YMCA or community center any day over that.
    "The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
    -Vince Lombardi

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."
    -Michelangelo

"...Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death."
    -Philippians 1:20

Originally Posted by MegaHercules View Post
    I hate the health gyms and commercial gyms. I'll take a good old gritty YMCA or community center any day over that.

Indeed. The whole feel and mindset is different. It can without a doubt translate into better intensity (results).
    SAN Nutrition

Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hard Nock's in Amesbury. /thread.

Originally Posted by Tip Top View Post
    Hard Nock's in Amesbury. /thread.

Holy ****! It does look pretty cool. If only Amesbury wasn't 45 min. away from me though...

Tour of Hard Nock's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaB_MsCKrLc
    SAN Nutrition

terrific has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) terrific has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i got to a ymca in mass, i like it but its full of people doing curls and bench press only it seems. There is only 1 squat rack and no one ever uses it except me it seems. its so unused, thats the place where i do deadlifts also, only seen someone else to deadlifts 2 different times. Theres a group of people maybe 20 that go that are on steroids because me and my friend heard them talking about it, and they dont even work there legs....little chicken legs with huge upper body, pretty stupid

There really are none around the Greater Lowell area. Such a damn shame.

I'm starting to get really sick of the Lowell Y.
    SAN Nutrition

emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want real gym, go to Assembly Square World Gym in Sommerville. You will see professional and hardcore bodybuilders over there.
    Bengal Tiger

Originally Posted by emchowdhury View Post
    If you want real gym, go to Assembly Square World Gym in Sommerville. You will see professional and hardcore bodybuilders over there.

Thanks for the heads up man.

Damn. I really wish I lived a little closer to Boston sometimes. I'm way over in North Chelmsford, so it takes almost an hour to get to any of the hardcore gyms mentioned. With gas prices the way they are, and the inconvenience aspect, it just renders it impossible for me to train at any of them.
    SAN Nutrition

emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emchowdhury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, you can take a look at super fitness. I go to super fitness, I find it better than any other gym because they have varieties of equipments and it's across the street from my house. They have like 50 equipments for only back, and they have all kinds of leg machines. You will also see steroid users at super fitness. So many equipments, you will never have to wait for other people using them. I only pay 29.99 monthly, a lot cheaper than YMCA.
    Bengal Tiger

MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiniMachine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ive heard about hard nocks myself, been looking forward to making a trip. Im in haverhill, and have been looking for the same thing.... these commercial places suck. i heard about a place in metheun thats supposed to be good but i cant remember the name ... anyone know?
    Meathead #26

"We're out numbered and out manned, but we're going to win. Why? Because of superior attitude and superior state of mind." -Stephen Segal

Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000) Deuce7788 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The assembly square Worlds is gone, its now across the street and a really nice planet fitness...def not wut ur looking for. Nothing against them my good friend is close with the owner but the freeweight room is the size of my bedroom, tons of cardio an no lie more plasma tv's then free weight equipment. Not allowed to do deadlifts, and no dumbells over 65lbs lol...

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thanks all.
    Gold's Salem. nothing is like metroflex, dude. Not even palumbo would train there. No heat OR AC.

Your best option is Gold's Tewksbury. It's not hardcore, but it IS a Gold's
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10) wearymachine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the YMCA in Nashua is wayy better than the YMCA in Lowell...i just moved to Nashua and i checked out both YMCAs...the Nashua one is far more old school and gritty...and it also has an actual power rack...i dont recall seeing one in the Lowell Y...

consider goin up the river to Nashua to lift...i'd do it if i were you...=)

jrp7808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wearymachine View Post
    the YMCA in Nashua is wayy better than the YMCA in Lowell...i just moved to Nashua and i checked out both YMCAs...the Nashua one is far more old school and gritty...and it also has an actual power rack...i dont recall seeing one in the Lowell Y...

consider goin up the river to Nashua to lift...i'd do it if i were you...=)
    I go to the YMCA in Hanover. It's horrible. No gritty cutthroat feeling or anything like that. Before that I went to Plymouth Fitness and it was the same. It's all just health centers and old man spas around here. I need a better gym!

Registered User LongIslandElite's Avatar
    LongIslandElite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey anyone go to world gym in seekonk mass?

ccgf5675 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks all.
    Check out Centre City Gym (Brockton Mass.) Check out Centre City Gym ********.Many Elite Powerlifters ,Olympic lifters and bobybuilders.You won't be disapointed.

Mar10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mar10s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks like I may be moving to the Bedford, MA area and was searching online and found this old thread. I currently workout at work (Lifefitmess and Hammer Strength Headquarters in IL). I use to workout at Animal House Gym in Milwaukee...which was in a warehouse space with 2 huge garage doors open in the summers. Everything was Hammer Strength and Bodymasters with tons of free weights also...db's went up to, I think, 225...brought in for when Art Atwood worked out there. BUT from what I'm reading, the only things remotely like that are more towards Boston.
    BTW, I think that Hard Knocks Gym is where John Cena use to get in some pretty hardcore workouts...complete with a puke rail outside...

davidbmurrayjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mill Pond reppin. lol place is a joke, but if you're lucky you catch the post zuma milf cluster. Don't mind that much. Otherwise that place is not worth it. Check out 10X Club up 53 more toward Norwell. Place is open 24 hours. Much better.

The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000) The_Real_XN is just really nice. (+1000)
    T.P.S. (Total Performance Sports) in Everett. Strength based gym with SERIOUS lifter equipment, mad knowledgable staff (both old school and new school vibe) and has a bodybuilder-friendly attitude even though it is mostly a strength gym.

Also, impossible to find but The Dungeon Gym in Webster, MA. it is literally a ****ty basement with all sorts of HEAVY stuff. Definitively old school and dirty, but crazy fun and serious. Pics of some dudes on the team I coach training there:
    http://thenextlevel.me/team-blog-adv...the-200lb-axle
    http://thenextlevel.me/team-blog-adv...g-at-the-alter

Also, hit me up if you're looking for connecting with legit, serious lifters and competitors. The Next Level is Boston based and definitely a sick, fun network of dudes who are way into the serious (but fun) aspects of the lifting scene. www.TheNextLevel.me
    www.TheNextLevel.me
    Your sport. Your body. Your passion. Your team.

rileymillay14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Prime Fitness in Oxford

Super hardcore in an old factory building with a supplement store. The owner also coaches for competition prep.