Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best exercise to correct rounded shoulders?

I'm really noticing how bad my posture is - my shoulders are really rounded. Are there any exercises/muscles I should be prioritising to help correct this? Or is too late?
    "Ain't about how fast I get there.....it's the climb"

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You want to be doing any form of a row - I like cable rows and t-bar rows myself.

Along with that you can do rear delt flyes but it's the row that help the most.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would also suggest reverse cable flies....I could be possible your chest muscles are drawing your shoulders in....
    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete
    http://usplabsdirect.com/

In order to win...you must first learn how to lose...

C.O.C. Grippers #1 - CLOSED
    C.O.C. Grippers #2 - CLOSED

My Training Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110517591

triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) triangle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The above + stretch your chest regularly

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Armbender View Post
    I would also suggest reverse cable flies....I could be possible your chest muscles are drawing your shoulders in....
    Originally Posted by triangle View Post
    The above + stretch your chest regularly
    yeah you definitely need to be stretching out your pecs.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A very common problem and it is NEVER too late....!!!

As mentioned - you want to work on both mobility AND strength.
    For Mobility:
    Problem is usually a combo of
    - Shoulder Transverse Abduction / Transverse Extension Inflexibility [tight pecs]
    - External shoulder rotation inflexibility
    - Tightness through Facet joints of upper thoracic /lower cervical spine

So you want to strength through these areas thoroughly, and also do lots of soft tissue massage and myofascial release. If they are REALLY tight - trigger point therapy and dry needling can help.

For Strengthening:
    Scapular Adductors (muscles that draw your scapular BACK together) including:
    - Middle and lower fibers of Traps
    - Rhomboids
    - Lats (to a degree)

as well as Transverse Abductors/Transverse Extensors
    - Delts (rear)
    - Lats
    - Infraspinatus
    - Teres Minor

and External Rotators
    - Rear Delts
    - Intraspinatus
    - Teres Minor

ps: good info here- http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._savers_part_i
    Last edited by Emma-Leigh; 12-12-2009 at 05:39 AM.

Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hannah73Louise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thankyou! Glad to hear it's not too late to improve it. I do a lot of rows but don't ever stretch out my pecs. I will hit my books and look up those muscles and adjust my training accordingly.

I'm currently training chest & back on the same day in supersets - I wonder if it would be better to split those two up?

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hannah73Louise View Post
    Thankyou! Glad to hear it's not too late to improve it. I do a lot of rows but don't ever stretch out my pecs. I will hit my books and look up those muscles and adjust my training accordingly.

I'm currently training chest & back on the same day in supersets - I wonder if it would be better to split those two up?
    It doesn't *really* matter.

Although I would probably change it such that true chest work was to maintenance level while combining a stretch/ PNF type chest thing with your back day.

Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm really noticing how bad my posture is - my shoulders are really rounded. Are there any exercises/muscles I should be prioritising to help correct this? Or is too late?
    Out of curiosity- do you attend any kick boxing classes?
    watch out Fawnia!

Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subscribing to this also.......!
    Want to straighten out my shoulders

Originally Posted by Patrese View Post
    Out of curiosity- do you attend any kick boxing classes?
    No - no kickboxing here! Would it help?

MuayThaiKit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Kickboxing is amazing, but it won't help your rounded shoulders, in fact it'd probably just create more frontal rounding. I get that from Muay Thai and sitting at the computer!!! Here are some great exercises to do with dumbells and cables.

If you do these everytime you work out, you should start to feel your shoulders straighten out. I've used these on many of my clients and seen them stand up straighter week by week. You don't need alot of weight either, but make sure you're not using your arms, but your shoulder muscles to pull the weight.

Hope it helps!
    Attached Images

Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrese will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No - no kickboxing here! Would it help?
    no - the opposite!
    watch out Fawnia!