briancl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carne Asada Burritos

I was just wondering if carne asada burritos are bad to fit in a diet? I stop by this small mexican restaurant near my house and just pickup a carne asada burrito with just tortilla and carne asada, nothing else after my workout. im not sure how fat something like this is. im not cutting or anything, but i want to keep my gains as clean as possible.

helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah if it fits into your cals per day..go ahead

Originally Posted by helpmehere View Post
    Yea......I'm trying to find out if it's really high in fat. Just a plain burrito, not sure how to calculate macros for it.

str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) str8savage is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by briancl View Post
    Yea......I'm trying to find out if it's really high in fat. Just a plain burrito, not sure how to calculate macros for it.
    Carne asada is usually made from flank or skirt steak... You can get a close approximation by looking up nutrition facts on those cuts of beef.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    with that logic you can justify fried twinkies dipped in lard and pure sugar as healthy
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10) helpmehere is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    with that logic you can justify fried twinkies dipped in lard and pure sugar as healthy
    uhm if he wants to eat it and it does fit into his cals why not...is he suppose to want a look like a twig like you?...or should i give him your generic same response to every dieting plan...6 meals a day....lean meats...lots of veggies and fruits..healthy fats...LMAO give me a break.

cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cbad7676 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why not get the rest of the stuff in the burrito?? guac, salsa, rice?

meat is good. probably higher in sodium and fat. but tasty
    [Official] San Diego Brah
    + 92B +
    Leave me a disgusting funny or disturbing cp comment or else

"what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." -Socrates

-Everlane Referral. get reps and credit to use at their site.
    https://www.everlane.com/n/6azf8v

Originally Posted by cbad7676 View Post
    why not get the rest of the stuff in the burrito?? guac, salsa, rice?

meat is good. probably higher in sodium and fat. but tasty
    It usually just comes with guac, but it comes with onions and tomatoes and I don't like them I have them take it out. It honestly tastes great with their hot sauce. REALLY GOOD. It's just something I would like to fit in my diet on some days because it doesn't seem like I am straight up cheating on my diet.
    Last edited by briancl; 03-04-2009 at 11:52 PM.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    uhm if he wants to eat it and it does fit into his cals why not...is he suppose to want a look like a twig like you?...or should i give him your generic same response to every dieting plan...6 meals a day....lean meats...lots of veggies and fruits..healthy fats...LMAO give me a break.
    ur right what was I thinking (not like this is a "nutrition" forum of anything)
    Having said that, of course he can eat a burrito if he wants
    eating one everyday isn't the healthiest thing and if your goal is to eat healthy, not saying it has to be, than eating anything you want as long as it fits into macros isn't the idea of health
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

well everything in moderation can be applied...as long as he isnt stuffing his face...and he trains hard..then he can enjoy eating it..i myself dont indulge..but hell it seems like he really watns to eat it...i dont always think the steak i eat is healthy cos it has a lot of fat, but if i want it...imma eat it and move on...

well everything in moderation can be applied...as long as he isnt stuffing his face...and he trains hard..then he can enjoy eating it..i myself dont indulge..but hell it seems like he really watns to eat it...i dont always think the steak i eat is healthy cos it has a lot of fat, but if i want it...imma eat it and move on...
    I DONT THInK STEAK IS BAD AT ALL
    Like you said, moderation
    2lbs of red meat a day, probably not a good thing
    A sirloing for dinner, yum
    Founder of MMDELAD

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A typical CAB around here (SoCal) is like a brick. We're talking MAJOR calories here, because the meat is anything but lean and the tortilla itself probably has 500 calories. So figure at least a thousand Calories for the burrito- which is fine and dandy for a meal, but it sure ain't a "snack". It's a fine PostWO meal, though- you certainly won't need a protein shake after it.
    No sir, I don't like it.

KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, there isn't enough mexican food on the planet. Second, this reminds me of a commercial a few years ago during the Atkins craze (I think Subway's).
    Vendor - "Here's you low-carb turkey sandwich"
    Customer - "This looks like a burrito"
    Vendor - "No, that is turkey wrapped in a tortilla"
    Customer - "Isn't that a burrito?"

m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m3thodic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would probably fore-go the tortilla wrap and just get the ingredients mixed up in a bowl -- I'm sure there's going to be enough rice to take care of the carbs you may need. Also just limit your toppings, stuff like sour cream and cheese adds up calories fast!
    "They never knew, they never do. It was always up to you. You gotta go out and get it for yourself." - H. Rollins

I just wanted to clarify, the burrito is just meat, nothing else. Yummy carne asada wrapped in a tortilla, nothing more.