LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Incomplete vs COmplete Protein

Ok... this is really bothering me. I'm trying to make upa diet here and I'm having a little trouble.

THere is ALWAYS huge debate about complete vs incomplete proteins.

My diet if ONLY the complete proteins are counted is at 200+/- (I weigh 150LB's)

Now if proteins are counted from incomplete sources such as pb/almonds/oats etc etc My total protein intake is just over 300G's. Which is entirely too high. That means I would have to lower my carbs/fats. Which ain't all that good.

Kidneybeans are a very good carb source that is high in fiber... 1.5 Cups of kidney beans would get me 55G of carbs but at the same time.. get me 20G protein. With a 2tbsn pb (15G fat) would get me an additional 8G of protein. Which tied in with a 30G protein serving of chicken. That meal now has 60G of protein. WAY WAY TO MUCH.

Little help here please..
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'm pretty sure everyone includes incomplete proteins...

feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that is a good question, I do not include them really. wow, that means my protein could be even higher than i thought. they are incomplete so I so forget about them. 100 grams of incomplete, that seems high in and of itself. I eat really simple food thou like brown rice and oatmeal so there is protein but it is minor in comparison ot the carbs. Now if you eat alot of beans and stuff, I can see haw that can be an issue. Ok, I talked myself into it, include them.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why woulndt u include them.. thats my question.. if u cant read a food label u got some problems.. sure complete proteins are good sources of protein, but even in other foods protein = protein no matter what.. it counts so add it in ur diet

feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feilds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    .. if u cant read a food label u got some problems..
    I am pretty sure he can read food labels, I do not think that was the question bro.

The question is certainly valid in that if a person is getting say, 50% of their protein from incomplete sources, is that too much? how much is too much? We are going to count every gram and calorie of protein but not compare the quality, that does not make sense.

then if ur saying it doesnt make sense.. why would they label ezekiel bread a complete protein source if its a complex carb? tell me how that makes sense? and if u dont believe me go to the freezer section in ur grocery store and read the front of the bread.. if u are half serious about ur diet u will prob end up getting 70-80% of ur protein from complete protein sources.. because mostly ppl are gorging on chicken,tuna,turkey,eggs etc etc.. so i dont see the big deal

wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildebeast214 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Imcomplete Proteins complement eachother to make COMPLETE proteins, unless all of your imcomplete proteins are coming from one source.. like beans. But if your eating beans here, brown rice there, or peanut butter and whole wheat bread, you're getting complete proteins. They COUNT.

Originally Posted by wildebeast214 View Post
    Imcomplete Proteins complement eachother to make COMPLETE proteins, unless all of your imcomplete proteins are coming from one source.. like beans. But if your eating beans here, brown rice there, or peanut butter and whole wheat bread, you're getting complete proteins. They COUNT.
    x2.. count ur proteins no matter what.. doing a fitday ur counting ur incomplete and complete proteins 2gether and posting them on here.. so its pretty much counting the same regardless.. protein is protein u take it in and it goes through ur system just like carbs n fats incomplete or complete add everything up.. it all comes out to ur macros anyways

Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd argue that incomplete protiens are just as, if not more important than complete protiens (except for immediate post workout).

You don't need to combine incomplete protiens in one meal.

"Plant protein can meet requirements when a variety of plant foods is consumed and energy needs are met. Research indicates that an assortment of plant foods eaten over the course of a day can provide all essential amino acids and ensure adequate nitrogen retention and use in healthy adults, thus complementary proteins do not need to be consumed at the same meal."

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/protein ^

It is still, nevertheless, important that you eat a variety of foods to get your essencial and unessencial amino acids.
    SoIFightWithAPenToEnlightenAFriend...

To Explode with Rage, To Quake with Joy, To Be Immortal.
    How Many People Got Controll Of Their Minds?

MyLegsCompellMeToRunMyHeartCompellsMeToFly
    LoveIsAnActionWordsoThinkForYourselfandDoForOthers

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you combine incomplete proteins with complete proteins, such as meat, whey, etc., they count as complete proteins.

Originally Posted by siamesedream View Post
    If you combine incomplete proteins with complete proteins, such as meat, whey, etc., they count as complete proteins.
    x2 thats how i look at it IMO.. just add up ur proteins like everyone else does..even fitday does this also when people rack up their counts.. so i would follow that because most ppl do their diets on that anyways

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    . why would they label ezekiel bread a complete protein source if its a complex carb?
    Because it's made with with legumes and that, along with grains, makes it a complete protein.
    Last edited by cboesger; 06-29-2007 at 04:04 AM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum