Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: raw eggs

MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

raw eggs

Is it really ok do drink egg whites? I know people who do and I also hear you can get sick from raw egg. It would be easier for me do just chug a cup right down because im so sick of cookin n eating em. But I dont want to risk getting sick.
    Ive only just gotten started

USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10) USN1981 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've been putting whole raw eggs(3 or 4) in my shake for a year now, no problems here.

Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheenizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm no expert, but I read something on the main site about biotin in raw eggs hindering protein absorption; so you don't get as much out of eating them raw as you would cooking them.

That said, people do it, and the majority don't get salmonela and die...

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been doing it for like a year now. I think they taste better raw.

1. I don't eat enough of them to care about biotin whatever. If you read opposite studies that promote eating them raw, they come up with other benefits anyway.. So depends what you read and want to believe.

2. Safest way is to eat organic/free range and know how to tell if an egg is good.. Like no cracks or chips, no smell whatsoever.

Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fear of the Uncooked Egg

It is okay to drink some raw egg. I have been been putting raw eggs in my post workout shakes for 7 years now and have not gotten sick from them.

Just make sure that you do not let your shake sit at room temperature for any longer than 30 minutes though.... Drink immediately. I did make the mistake of leaving my shake out for a couple of hours back in the day - and paid the price. The toilet became my new best friend that night.

I do not reccommend drinking eggs by themselves. That's f*cking disgusting bro and some fad of the 80's! Mix them in a shake. The best post workout shake recipe was given by a buddy of mine who is a professional strongman competitor. It's delicious.

1-2 cup milk
    1 tbsp honey
    1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
    2 tbsp CREAMY peanut butter (JIF is real good)
    3 scoops protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Vanilla is recommended)
    1 large banana
    1-2 large eggs

*My buddy also puts a cup of orange juice in there too* But I don't.

Blend. Enjoy. Everyone I have given it to loves it.

---- When people ask me about eggs. I ask them, "When you were a little kid and your mom would make a cake, Did you ever eat the bowl?" They'll be like "Hell Yeah I did!" And I ask, "Did you get sick?" (Cake mix has eggs in the batter)

Don't worry bro. Just don't be drinking no raw eggs... You need carbs after working out anyway. And that's f*cking disgusting!
    When you understand someone's motive.. you'll see through all the bull****....

Taking it Seriously Now.. Cortic's Avatar
    Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cortic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No, due to the chemical properties of the raw egg the body can only absord 50% of the protein per egg as opposed to when their cooked.

Here is the article:

Protein Absorption & Eggs

Some older athletic diets use to propose eating just raw eggs. This is a foolish attempt at taking in additional protein. Eating raw eggs (or raw egg whites) will only result in about 50% absorption of the available protein. That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams.

Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. As a matter of fact, once the avidin-biotin forms a bond, the body can't break it apart. So you will develop a partial or full Biotin Deficiency Syndrome. Cooking your eggs (or egg whites) will quickly denature the protein avidin and will allow you to absorb 98% of the protein. In short, always cook your eggs.

9. The effects of actithiazic acid on egg white-induced biotin deficiency and upon the microbial formation of biotin vitamers in the rat. DHYSE FG, HERTZ R. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1958 Mar;74(1): 7-16.
    Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's no need to drink raw egg whites.
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel2888 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Raw Eggs

Biotin Deficiency Syndrome? Not able to digest protein? Well.....

Raw egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin, which binds to eggs' supply of the B vitamin biotin very tightly, preventing its absorption. Cooking the egg whites changes avidin, making it susceptible to digestion and unable to interfere with the intestinal absorption of biotin.

So when you consume a raw egg, then you do not fully digest Biotin -"Vita B" - Who cares? Those people who do consume raw eggs do not consume them for Vitamin B purposes but for protein purposes.

Eating raw eggs, or eggs with runny yolks, or any food containing these, can cause food poisoning especially for anyone who is:

very young (babies to toddlers)
    elderly
    pregnant
    already unwell

In my personal experience with them for the past 7 years here and there, they certainly did not hinder my performace. But I gotta agree with BigStew, and say that there is no reason to eat raw eggs by themselves.... There are plenty of healthy alterntives out there.
    Last edited by LtnLvr17; 08-13-2006 at 01:05 PM.
    When you understand someone's motive.. you'll see through all the bull****....

dollin1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yeah.

Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Is it really ok do drink egg whites? I know people who do and I also hear you can get sick from raw egg. It would be easier for me do just chug a cup right down because im so sick of cookin n eating em. But I dont want to risk getting sick.
    I have been going through a hundred raw eggs aweek for the last 3 years..
    I haven`t been sick yet..

dollin1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Morning Shake

3 whole eggs,7 egg whites
    100 grams of poridge
    1 scoop of whey protein
    2 tea spoons of good oils.
    100ml of skimmed milk.

blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blurrr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    isnt there a very slight chance of salmonella?

defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000) defury is just really nice. (+1000)
    Something like 1 in 10 000 eggs is contaminated with salmonela, there so easy to cook I see no reason not to *shrug*

zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zackcentury has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard more like 1:200,000. But still, it's hard to find salmonella eggs these days. Just be careful when you handle the shells; the shell might still have bacteria on it that will transfer to the egg (or your mouth) if you get your fingers all into it.

So, if it sounds like egg whites are bad, what could you possibly do??????
    EAT ONLY THE YOLK

There are many reasons you should eat fresh raw egg yolks rather than prepared protein of any sort. Not many people on BB.com will tell you that, but there are a lot of important things you'll never hear. If you want to eat raw eggs, follow the tips below. If any of these don't check out, you could at least soft-boil the eggs, or donate them to fellow BBers who prefer their protein damaged (cooked).

#1 ALWAYS check the freshness of the egg right before you want to consume the yolk.
    #2 If you are uncertain about the freshness of an egg, don't eat it.
    #3 If it smells 'weird', don't eat it.
    #4 If there is a crack in the shell, don't eat it.
    #5 Don't wash the eggs before storing them
    #6 To be able to properly judge the freshness of an egg, it's contents need to be at room temperature; eggs that are stored in the fridge and are opened right away seem fresher than they are. The eggs that you want to check freshness of, should be kept outside the fridge for at least an hour prior to opening them.
    #7 First check all the eggs by rolling them across a flat surface. If they don't roll wobbly, don't consume them.
    #8 Secondly: shake the eggs; when they dash, don't consume them.
    #9 Thirdly: Immerse the eggs in a pan of cool, salted water. If it rises to the surface somewhat, don't consume it. If the egg emits a tiny stream of bubbles, don't consume it. (then the shell is porous/contains a hole)
    #10 and last: Open the egg.
    jupeznor

homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Why not just buy a carton of the pasteurized egg whites at the market?

Example
    http://www.burnbraefarms.com/consume...egg_whites.htm

Its only $1.96 here in Canada for 500g(16 egg whites)

JackHB1967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking I eat 6 raw eggs a day and have no more back problems or pain in my joints!!

Thanks guys for all the good info on raw eggs.

I am 42 and started a job a week ago that pays great and is physical.

A week ago before I started I had pain in some of my joints.

I read a lot of online articles about eating raw eggs and
    decided to go for it.

Today a week later I feel 25!!

The poor drug companies if to many people get this info.

I use ice cream a banana and a little milk and three eggs.

It is great!!

Best wishes,

Jack

Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maiar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cook your eggs. And eat the whole egg.

DudeInTempeAZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shake

"The best post workout shake recipe was given by a buddy of mine who is a professional strongman competitor. It's delicious.

1-2 cup milk
    1 tbsp honey
    1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
    2 tbsp CREAMY peanut butter (JIF is real good)
    3 scoops protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Vanilla is recommended)
    1 large banana
    1-2 large eggs

*My buddy also puts a cup of orange juice in there too* But I don't.

Blend. Enjoy. Everyone I have given it to loves it."

I have a question about this. I've tried the EAS shakes and was just looking at this recipe for a post workout shake and the volume if Huge (for me). It would take me nearly two hours to drink that much shake. I'm 40, 175lbs at 5'11" and I am running into very real physical limits on my ability to eat clean in the volumes being recommended in order to get good nutrition.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting! I've never see a thread about this EVAR!

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thank goodness the 2006 thread got bumped to edumacate us.

agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agyshero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    isnt the egg yolk high in cholesterol?

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by agyshero View Post
    isnt the egg yolk high in cholesterol?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...7/?tool=pubmed

"Conclusions: Our data suggest that infrequent egg consumption does not influence the risk of CVD and only confers a modest increased risk for total mortality in male physicians. In addition, egg consumption was positively related to mortality and such relation was stronger among diabetic subjects in this selective population."

Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lifted21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Raw egg recipe

This recipe sounds good I'm gona try it next time I workout!! Thanks!

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    sup 2006?
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    salmonella is the thing your worried about

how frequent is it?
    NOT AT ALL
    infact i read somewhere that they say, if you eat eggs every day for 72 years ur liekly to get salmonella poisoning once in those 72 yrs (or some **** like that)
    the point is its not common

and what if you get it ....
    you get food poisoning (which isnt fun) but its life threatening
    some vomit, some get diarrhea, some just stomach aches
    some all three
    nothing too serious

its dangerous
    if your pregnant
    infant
    or older adult
    otherwise go wild

MacKronax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MacKronax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MacKronax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MacKronax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MacKronax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MacKronax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually eat the entire egg, including the shell. I can't afford to waste food. If you have the time to waste worrying about Salmonella then you probably have time for a few more reps. That would server you better because everyone eats salmonella almost everyday. If you eat food, and I know you do, you're probably eating salmonella. It's literally unavoidable.
    Hard Work Is Its Own Reward

Originally Posted by MacKronax View Post
    I actually eat the entire egg, including the shell. I can't afford to waste food. If you have the time to waste worrying about Salmonella then you probably have time for a few more reps. That would server you better because everyone eats salmonella almost everyday. If you eat food, and I know you do, you're probably eating salmonella. It's literally unavoidable.
    Judging the way that you eat, I would probably agree.

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MacKronax View Post

Someone is gunning hard for the "worst logical debate ever" award.

JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by USN1981 View Post
    i've been putting whole raw eggs(3 or 4) in my shake for a year now, no problems here.
    ummm. i dont really see the benefit in drinking raw eggs however... i wouldnt recommend it.

JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) JeffStacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Judging the way that you eat, I would probably agree.
    lol this ***** is crazy eatin shells and **** lol

Budgen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldnt recomend it, ive also read (Not saying its true) that not all the protein in a raw egg is digested.