jswoldier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Can High School Athletes be blood tested?

So I know professional sport accociations are starting to blood test athletes for performance enhancing drugs, but is UIL blood testing high school athletes as well? And if so, what can be detected in a blood test?

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what are you taking that makes you suspicious?

High school kids can get tested, and have been tested, but that is up to the coaches, school and the league/association your school belongs to.

Well I have a friend that I play sports with that has gotten considerabley bigger in muscles mass and strength.. When I asked him what his secret was, he told me he was on HGH.. He said it was illegal to use in sports but that it was undetectable in his blood because the body naturally produces hormones.. But when i researched it I saw that the NFL and MLB are starting to blood test athletes for hgh.. So what is the truth about this stuff?

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jswoldier View Post
    Well I have a friend that I play sports with that has gotten considerabley bigger in muscles mass and strength.. When I asked him what his secret was, he told me he was on HGH.. He said it was illegal to use in sports but that it was undetectable in his blood because the body naturally produces hormones.. But when i researched it I saw that the NFL and MLB are starting to blood test athletes for hgh.. So what is the truth about this stuff?
    HGH can be detectable. Yes, your body naturally produces hgh. But, your body also naturally produces testosterone. And that is what steroid testing tests--the increase of testosterone. lol so you buddy is an idiot to think that because your body naturally produces it that it can't be detectable lol. What do you think steroids are and does? It increase something that your body naturally produces (testosterone)

Let your buddy suffer the consequences of being naive and not knowing what he is doing and taking hgh/steroids at such a young age. You are young, your testosterone is naturally high, take advantage of that and just lift and eat properly.

That makes a lot of sense.. So not only does UIL urine test for performance enhancing drugs, but they blood test as well?
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    HGH can be detectable. Yes, your body naturally produces hgh. But, your body also naturally produces testosterone. And that is what steroid testing tests--the increase of testosterone. lol so you buddy is an idiot to think that because your body naturally produces it that it can't be detectable lol. What do you think steroids are and does? It increase something that your body naturally produces (testosterone)

Let your buddy suffer the consequences of being naive and not knowing what he is doing and taking hgh/steroids at such a young age. You are young, your testosterone is naturally high, take advantage of that and just lift and eat properly.

That makes a lot of sense.. So not only does UIL urine test for performance enhancing drugs, but they blood test as well?
    UIL?

And it doesn't matter if they test or not. It's not something that you should be doing. There is no reason for you to take it. Don't look for shortcuts and easy way out. Just lift and eat and work your ass off.

High School Sports association.. UIL (University Interscholastic League)
    UIL?

And it doesn't matter if they test or not. It's not something that you should be doing. There is no reason for you to take it. Don't look for shortcuts and easy way out. Just lift and eat and work your ass off.

Thanks for your help! It was very useful! Like you said, work your ass off and eat right! Thats what its all about! #swoldiernation
    UIL?

Lomu96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I forgot what UIL stands for but it basically controls high school sports, academic competitions, etc.

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's no testing as far as I know on the high school level for any sports. If you are at a world-class level in certain sports at a junior level you can expect to be tested- say track&field and cycling, but by and large you are clear to take whatever the hell you want. You probably don't want to be too obvious about it, ie put on 50lbs of muscle, or drop 3:00 in a 5km run.

While I don't condone doping, I would have no problem using it to get admission to a top school. People are cheating every other which way to get into top schools, so why not cheat on something that totally doesn't matter, and has no bearing on schools on anyway?

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There has only been one positive HgH test in the history of drug testing. It leaves the system so fast, its almost impossible to test for. So, to answer your question, your friend is probably not going to fail any drug tests.

Now, of course, there are plenty of moral considerations when athletes take perfromance enhancing drugs. Thats your friends decision. Lots of risk with unstable rewards. I was fortunate enough to play football in college. Although no one ever failed any drug tests, I played with a handful of guys that were on various substances throughout their careers. On the whole, their training was all over the place, thier diets were terrible, and they were hurt all the time.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

Running for my life. The Running Man's Avatar
    The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Running Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HamburgerTrain View Post
    There has only been one positive HgH test in the history of drug testing.
    And he committed suicide.

I entered the WADA testing pool when I was 16 or 17 years old, and I'll be in it for two years after I retire. High school associations are not likely to test, but if you reach world class junior levels, you're very likely to get tested.

Blood testing is much less common, and usually only seen at the top levels of sport. Typically, the purpose of blood testing isn't to test for anything specific, but to establish an endocrine profile for a given athlete over time. That way, if something shoots up way out of the ordinary, it's a clear sign you're using even if your urine tests clean. Urine is what's tested for actual metabolites of banned substances.
    Last edited by The Running Man; 01-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Running Man View Post
    And he committed suicide.
    If he was dumb enough to be the only guy that ever got caught taking HgH, then it was probably for the best.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

getbig8386 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my high school I only got urine tested. They only looked for street drugs.
    body weight 280lb

Bench 410lb
    squat 520lb
    power clean 330lb
    deadlift 590lb

To juice, or not to juice. That is the question

Well for sure in High School they urine test on suspicion of PED and sometimes they do it randomly to athletes.. I know several high school athletes that have gotten urine tested. But truth is, I have never heard of a kid in HIGH SCHOOL being blood tested on suspicion of PED.. Has anyone else? I mean if they urine test, why don't they blood test?
    Originally Posted by getbig8386 View Post
    In my high school I only got urine tested. They only looked for street drugs.

azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000) azstrengthcoach is just really nice. (+1000)
    A "friend" huh?

Thats what it say right? If my friend that is going to a D1 Big 12 school to play ball says it gave him the edge he needed, yea I would like to know more about what he took... So for you to make comments like that is ridiculous, I posted this because I needed advice and facts; not accusations.. So please don't waste my time or anyone else's with your humorless comments..