jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

High Creatinine levels

Hello. I have some serious questions for anybody who has issues with elevated creatinine levels.

This is concerns for my father. He trained very heavy and very hard for a very long time. He was very strong and big, but I think he over trained to an extent.

He has many injuries but right now something that is very dangerous is his creatinine level, which indicates muscle breakdown (to the extent of my knowledge).

If any of you have experienced this or know anything about it and can contribute, it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to include your levels of creatinine, methods of treatment, diagnoses, or causes.

slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slavicbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    did your dad check creatinine level after lifting?

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does he take creatine?
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000) goranothos is just really nice. (+1000)
    High creatinine levels indicate kidney dysfunction. Is he seeing a doctor about it?

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    High creatine levels in the blood indicate that the body either has an abundance of creatine, or the kidneys are not working adequately. If someone pre-loads on creatine, or takes it continuously at a high dose, the blood levels will generally reflect a high amount of creatinine. If your father is not taking creatine, then he should follow his doctors advice about what to do. Generally, they will do a urine catch over a couple of days, then test that. They may also do an active test where your father drinks several solutions and they measure the efficiency of the kidneys.

If he had a blood test that showed high creatinine, I am sure that the doctor is giving him advice.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    my blood tests were always slightly high so they ordered up a piss test - came back fine so no issues

that is my story

camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) camau71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have been called by doctors on two occasions ordering me to come in immediately due to high creatinine levels. They both said I was in stage 4 renal failure. On both occasions I was using ester creatine. I went off for a week and retested and had perfect panels. Not knowing your father's history regarding supplement usage (or any other history) I would continue to follow up with the doctor and testing until a specific cause for an abnormal test has been identified.
    The world breaks everyone, some become stronger.

Pain is candy

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I trust your dad will have the appropriate tests done to get any disfunction remedied.

On a brighter note, it turns out that creatine can be used as a supplement to mask a simple 5-panel urine screen to make it look like the sample hasn't been adulterated by drinking too much water. Just a little tidbit of information I discovered at work.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by camau71 View Post
    I have been called by doctors on two occasions ordering me to come in immediately due to high creatinine levels. They both said I was in stage 4 renal failure. On both occasions I was using ester creatine. I went off for a week and retested and had perfect panels. Not knowing your father's history regarding supplement usage (or any other history) I would continue to follow up with the doctor and testing until a specific cause for an abnormal test has been identified.
    Good advice.

I had high creatinine levels when I had my last physical. When I told my doctor I was taking creatine monohydrate , the doctor was not concerned with the levels.

geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does he take any Statins? they can cause it as well.

jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jt561 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sorry for so many replies i like to address people

Originally Posted by slavicbrah View Post
    did your dad check creatinine level after lifting?
    He went to a doctor, checked his level. He stopped lifting and taking a certain drug (I forget which) for a few days, and his level went down. He worked out agian for a couple of days without taking the drug, and the creatinine level went back up. There is good evidence that suggests it is elevated from his training, but his is abnormally high. I worry for his health

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Does he take creatine?
    I don't think so.

Originally Posted by goranothos View Post
    High creatinine levels indicate kidney dysfunction. Is he seeing a doctor about it?
    Yes, and the doctors can't find the cause

Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    High creatine levels in the blood indicate that the body either has an abundance of creatine, or the kidneys are not working adequately. If someone pre-loads on creatine, or takes it continuously at a high dose, the blood levels will generally reflect a high amount of creatinine. If your father is not taking creatine, then he should follow his doctors advice about what to do. Generally, they will do a urine catch over a couple of days, then test that. They may also do an active test where your father drinks several solutions and they measure the efficiency of the kidneys.

If he had a blood test that showed high creatinine, I am sure that the doctor is giving him advice.

Ray
    Doctors advice is horrible. It's also lack of advice. He just keeps testing him more and more to find the cause and has yet to do so

Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post
    my blood tests were always slightly high so they ordered up a piss test - came back fine so no issues

that is my story
    Thanks for the input regardless

Thank you sir

Originally Posted by KeithTheSnake View Post
    I trust your dad will have the appropriate tests done to get any disfunction remedied.

On a brighter note, it turns out that creatine can be used as a supplement to mask a simple 5-panel urine screen to make it look like the sample hasn't been adulterated by drinking too much water. Just a little tidbit of information I discovered at work.
    cool stuff

Originally Posted by geebee666 View Post
    Does he take any Statins? they can cause it as well.
    dunno what statins are.

kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kplender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Need a little clarification. Are you talking about his Creatinine Clearance? This is a measure of the kidneys function. Or, are you talking about his CK Total (Creatine Kinase) which is a measure of the breakdown of muscle? They are related, but are different measurements. I was diagnosed with a Kidney disease called Glomureal Nephritis about 11 years ago. At the worst, my Creatinine Clearance was about 2.3 (I believe normal range is anywhere from about 1 to 1.87, somewhere in there). So, my Creatinine Clearance was elevated, but not enough to require a Biopsy. I had it tested every 6 months for many years, and it never elevated too much above that number. Now, by Creatinine Clearance is in the high normal range and my Nephrologist (Kidney doctor) has declared me cured. Recently, as part of a normal physical, my blood test came back with extremely high CK Total (Creatine Kinase) readings. My doctor wasn't too concerned about it, but wanted another test done within a month. After some research, I discovered that if you are sore (DOMS) from weightlifting/working out, this can result in abnormally high CK Readings. I had it tested again, making sure I did not lift any weights for about 4 days before the test, and the reading came back normal. You can also get a high reading if you have any injuries to muscle. As an aside, Statin drugs are used to reduce/control cholesterol, however, one of the side effects is that it can break down muscle, that is why your doctor will always test you for CK Total when using statin drugs.

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just had a full set of labs done Sunday and most were improved across the board. However my:

CREATININE levels were up but still within the standard range. This reading is used for the next though which has me concerned.

GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE got worse indicating less kidney function.

Personally, I'm going to stop my creatine usage until I'm retested. I have an appointment to my doctor Friday and I'll probably get another lab done in a month or so.

My protein and creatine levels have been up pretty high and I'm hoping this is the cause, I just need to make sure.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) geebee666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Statins are the most common types of cholesterol lowering drug.