Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    he's gonna end up like this guy

()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xephonics View Post

lol, oh wow, good thing his Mom was there to save the day, jeez

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    lol, oh wow, good thing his Mom was there to save the day, jeez

Man, my mom would have just walked in, looked at me and said; "well genius, you got yourself into that postion....get yourself out of it"

My dad on the other hand? "PUSH, PUSH, PUUUUUUUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000) jshpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol !@#$ man. I woulda just bailed instead of getting on my knees. looked like he had some rubber matting down

or maybe because he was wearing cushioned shoes he lost balance..

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Man, my mom would have just walked in, looked at me and said; "well genius, you got yourself into that postion....get yourself out of it"

That's funny, I dont think my mom could have helped if she wanted to, she's all of 4'11 and like 100 lbs though

Originally Posted by blaze_itt View Post
    lol !@#$ man. I woulda just bailed instead of getting on my knees. looked like he had some rubber matting down

or maybe because he was wearing cushioned shoes he lost balance..
    good point, we should save this for the next time someone asks why they shouldn't lift in running shoes

xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xephonics is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    good point, we should save this for the next time someone asks why they shouldn't lift in running shoes
    And/or why they need a power rack instead of a bench w/ squat posts....
    ()---() York Barbell Club #37 ()---()

And/or why they need a power rack instead of a bench w/ squat posts....
    Well yeah of course, I know that's why you posted it, the shoe thing is just an added bonus!

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

my mom and dad both used to lift regularly, mom was a bodybuilder/model, dad was an athlete

dad would have called me girly names and laughed, mom would have called me girly names and laughed...

yeah... lol

Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    my mom and dad both used to lift regularly, mom was a bodybuilder/model, dad was an athlete

dad would have called me girly names and laughed, mom would have called me girly names and laughed...

yeah... lol
    Haha, at least they would have been able to get that weight off of your back

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol but they wouldnt have, my mom can still squat more than that dude haha

bandoogiemanz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have a question.

Can anybody help me here? This might sound like a noob question. I'm looking for something to do pull ups with, but the ceiling in my basement is not high enough. I want a pull up tower to go in my backyard. Is is possible to use a home tower like a Weider, or are there towers specifically made to be used outdoors? Thanks for any help.

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Can anybody help me here? This might sound like a noob question. I'm looking for something to do pull ups with, but the ceiling in my basement is not high enough. I want a pull up tower to go in my backyard. Is is possible to use a home tower like a Weider, or are there towers specifically made to be used outdoors? Thanks for any help.
    Go to this page. Scroll about halfway down and look at the Free Standing Chinup Bar II. You could even ditch the wood base and cement in the ground.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenand...odyweight.html
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

hotkabob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recently bought an olympic bar as part of an olympic weight set. It appears to be sort of flat/squished along the bar (the entire length) and there appears to be sort of like corners. Its kind of hard to describe, but I don't remember noticing these on bars I have used at gyms, normally they seem perfectly round. Is this normal or a defect in the bar I bought?

Thanks!

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Olympic bars are meant to be round ie. a circle for their cross-sectional area. I have never seen an oblong bar.

Entro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I couldnt find anything in search

Whats the best jumprope for the money? Should I go leather or stay with plastic? Using it for cardio as well as eventually footwork again. Should I go ahead and get a weighted one?

Sorry for the noob Qs

Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cadz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Entro View Post

Whats the best jumprope for the money? Should I go leather or stay with plastic? Using it for cardio as well as eventually footwork again. Should I go ahead and get a weighted one?

Sorry for the noob Qs
    Seriously just go to Walmart or Target and pick up one that is a plastic rope. My wife uses hers 5 days a week on bare tar and it's like a year old now and still going strong and cost like $6.
    For cardio you just need to keep your heart rate up, no need for a weight unless you want one.
    "Political Correctness is the enemy of freedom and democracy and equality and truth and reason. If we are to preserve these things we must know Political Correctness and fight it."
    -LomaAlta

brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brightmix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ann is a very good operator.She can answer me when i asked a question.Thank you.Ann
    http://www.favoruggs.com http://www.veryverycheap.us
    http://www.godiscount.us
    http://www.powergolding.com

AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000)
    I need some opinions on these power racks.

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...power-rack.php

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GYM-POWER-...item4151ce2265

And if these are decent deals? could i get a decent set of weights for a good price?

Im getting a bench and bar (i think its and EZ so may need to buy a 6ft barbell).

thanks alot if ya answer

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Entro View Post

Sorry for the noob Qs
    Wish I had seen this a month ago. I have used 4 different kinds of ropes and nothing comes close to my Buddy Lee rope. It costs a lot more than a basic plastic rope (which I also like), but it is much faster and smoother.

http://www.amazon.com/Buddy-Lee-Rope...5548208&sr=8-1
    (although I only paid $7 for mine)

No matter what you get, I recommend that you do NOT buy a leather rope.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deputy95 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Why are any of those STUPID questions?

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by deputy95 View Post
    Why are any of those STUPID questions?
    None of them are STUPID questions. This thread is setup to eliminate stupid questions because it is answering the most important/most asked questions on the first post.

Doesn't help...people still post a new thread for every flipping question they come up with cause they are lazy.

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    None of them are STUPID questions. This thread is setup to eliminate stupid questions because it is answering the most important/most asked questions on the first post.

Doesn't help...people still post a new thread for every flipping question they come up with cause they are lazy.
    Haha.. I hope mine wasn't stupid about the rack and swiss bar..:\ .. Stay away, do n ot look at the person behind the curtain (cue smoke and toto..) But I actually googled a combination of words to find an answer with no luck. Everytime I typed in "Monkey bars" or "trap bar" or "power rack with monkey bars" I got tips on school yard fitness or something about "power moms".. so thus I did the thread ..Lol.

as for skipping rope, I never had luck with the fiber/thread ones, plastic while it could tend to tangle and whip you in the back of the head, added speed for me. . . . Still sucked when you mis stepped and got that thing two-fold though. At least with the treadmill you get hit once, then get rolled off onto the floor.. Kind of like an ease of faliure.. Lol.

slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimneverdies will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Deja vu!! This is my first time reading in this thread and I was just telling my numbskull friend yesterday not to buy a bench press machine. He bought it anyway!!! Not to be mean but I smell a big failure coming with my buddy. This sh#t is golden! LMAO
    Long live Slim

UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsainBoltz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sometimes when i lift for 1-2 hours and i dont break a sweat. does this mean im not trying hard enough?

JamesKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol, thats a funny video. he should have used cathers if he goes too low!

snyggys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ab Doer Twist

All I've got to say. Is AB DONT Twist. Waste of money. Spot reduction never will work.

Originally Posted by UsainBoltz View Post
    sometimes when i lift for 1-2 hours and i dont break a sweat. does this mean im not trying hard enough?
    Man, you should be lifting for 40 mins and dripping sweat. The fact that you can go for 2 hours tells me that you are coasting. Read the book body for life. HE tells you how to lift and get your body in shape.

There is a reason why the SPOTTER idea was invented... LOL, I think we all think we can handle it on our own at one time or another.

TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50)

ROFLMAO!!! It's even funnier cause my family is the same way, except my Dad would've laughed and took a photo first, while my mom would've panicked.

xINVINCIBLEx40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just bought a Weider Pro 256 Combo Bench from Sears and i need help to know what it can take. it came with the bench, a 10 (standard) pound barbell and 80 pounds of weight. I also bought an additional 20 pounds of weight. in the manual it says not to put more than 100lbs on the barbell. i thought that barbells are supposed to bend when they reach their max and the bar doesnt even bend when i sit on it with the 100lbs. so is it that the bench cant take any more weight or why does it warn not to put anymore weight on it? please help if u have any knowledge of benches or how they work