SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What are good lifts in proportion to bodyweight?

I weight about 190 lb's or there about (just lost like 20lb's hah), what is generally accepted as a good lift for someones weight? i.e. for squat and deadlift, people tend to respect bodyweight x2, bench its anything over 1x your b/w, maybe 1.25+.

Reps for good thoughts
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well, to many people, heavy and impressive is all relative.

but if you can bench more than your bodyweight you are doing well. 2x bodyweight is generally considered elite status.

3x squat and deadlift is also elite status.

personally, i can do about 1.5x bodyweight on bench and 2x on squat and 2.5 on dead. but i am carrying a little extra weight because of football. i feel i could lose 20 pounds and still make these lifts.

once i am through with football i will lose weight and hopefully gain a ton of strength.

i want to compete!

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by athenafootball View Post

but if you can bench more than your bodyweight you are doing well. 2x bodyweight is generally considered elite status.

personally, i can do about 1.5x bodyweight on bench and 2x on squat and 2.5 on dead. but i am carrying a little extra weight because of football. i feel i could lose 20 pounds and still make these lifts.

once i am through with football i will lose weight and hopefully gain a ton of strength.

i want to compete!
    our bench, squat, and deadlift ratios are practically the same!(1.7 for bench, 2.3 for squat(best gym lift) and about 2.6 for deadlift) I am not sure what the good lifts would be, I remember there being an online chart for bench, deadlift, and squat, and there was also a ranking for overhead press, I'll post it when I find it.
    There is no reason to live if you cannot do the deadlift

big fuzzy and tator squat to much..... not

athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50) athenafootball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gobbles View Post
    our bench, squat, and deadlift ratios are practically the same! I am not sure what the good lifts would be, I remember there being an online chart for bench, deadlift, and squat, and there was also a ranking for overhead press, I'll post it when I find it.
    sweet!

definitely post that chart

SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my question was about proportions in regards to olympic lifts like clean and jerk and snatch, I only mentioned powerlifting stuff as an example =)
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gobbles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SurfOnSilver View Post
    my question was about proportions in regards to olympic lifts like clean and jerk and snatch, I only mentioned powerlifting stuff as an example =)
    I know, I only know of a chart with overhead press ratio on it, I'm looking for that and I'll try to find a C&J and snatch ratio chart

Walkin'tall machinegunman PrivateBaldrick's Avatar
    PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It really depends on how long you've been training the Olympic lifts. Most people aren't very good at them unless they've been training specifically for them for a few years. I would be pretty impressed by anyone who could qualify for the U.S. National Championships, which, if you competed at 85kg (187lbs.) would be a 270kg total, say 120 snatch and 150 clean and jerk.

Heres the chart for cleans(just clean, not clean&jerk)

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html

and heres one for overhead press

Still looking for C&J and snatch ratio chart.

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PrivateBaldrick View Post
    It really depends on how long you've been training the Olympic lifts. Most people aren't very good at them unless they've been training specifically for them for a few years. I would be pretty impressed by anyone who could qualify for the U.S. National Championships, which, if you competed at 85kg (187lbs.) would be a 270kg total, say 120 snatch and 150 clean and jerk.
    Here is the link to the different qualifying totals.

Body weight snatch is a good landmark, and then triple bodyweight total.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

Originally Posted by raffiki View Post

what about c&j?

Originally Posted by raffiki View Post

Raffiki, did you PM him the link? if you did, could you send it to me?

PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PrivateBaldrick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SurfOnSilver View Post
    what about c&j?
    Snatch should be around 80% of clean and jerk.

Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile

Originally Posted by gobbles View Post
    Heres the chart for cleans(just clean, not clean&jerk)

and heres one for overhead press

Still looking for C&J and snatch ratio chart.
    wow im a little past advanced for my press
    275lb atg front squat / 235lb paused bench (in comp) / 445lb Conventional Deadlift using mixed grip/chalk/belt (in comp) / Deadlift-425x3 using a hook grip + chalk / BP low-bar back squat 335x2 & 315x4 & 350x1 (in comp)

A tree with a thin trunk can only make branches so big -me

Won 1st place at my first powerlifting comp!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!1

jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jamesh23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    we have a chart in football that says for my weight it would be 120% bench, 180% squat, 200% deadlift. but im going for 150%, 200%, 250%
    Bench: 185 lbs
    Squat: 285 lbs

magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As far as above average or the standard, maybe something like a clean and press/push press of your bodyweight. And close to 70-80% of your bodyweight for a snatch. But obviously the elite standards are much higher than these.

shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000) shotkong is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMHO

good - 100% BW C+J, 80% BW snatch +
    really good - 100% BW snatch / 120% BW C+J +

Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Chrisx9118 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Thaigga View Post
    wow im a little past advanced for my press
    Remember thats for Strict standing press and not for push press or jerk.

Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thaigga is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Chrisx9118 View Post
    Remember thats for Strict standing press and not for push press or jerk.
    i know, i been practicing handstand push ups, so im thinking that lifting 5lbs less than my body weight would be easier than a handstand push up, its not, but i can do it
    275lb atg front squat / 235lb paused bench (in comp) / 445lb Conventional Deadlift using mixed grip/chalk/belt (in comp) / Deadlift-425x3 using a hook grip + chalk / BP low-bar back squat 335x2 & 315x4 & 350x1 (in comp)

magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the press standard is a little low. Advanced isn't even bodyweight.

Originally Posted by magicman531 View Post
    I think the press standard is a little low. Advanced isn't even bodyweight.
    presses are hard to do. I think the standards are right, because i started with like 70lbs 1rm at 154lb body weight

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My s/b/d follow a 2/1.5/2.5 x body weight ratio. Should be more...

As for the Olympic lifting. Anything at bodyweight is respectable.

Things get incredibly hard at the 120% of bodyweight snatch mark. same at the 150% clean and jerk.

As a 105kg- lifter, getting to a 125kg snatch (275lbs) and a 160kg clean and jerk (352lbs) will be easy enough to attain in 2 years. I am already over halfway there after a short time in Olympic lifting.

Anything over that is getting good.

I train with an guy whos barely 87kg/192lbs and have seen him full atg squat 230kg/510lbs, snatch 140kg/308lbs and clean and jrk 160lg/352lbs.

THis guy is lifting more then the 'respectable' 105kg-/231lbs class man.

Originally Posted by Thaigga View Post
    presses are hard to do. I think the standards are right, because i started with like 70lbs 1rm at 154lb body weight

Maybe so. I was doing a fair bit of handbalancing and handstand push ups before I began lifting weights seriously. That probably contributed to my poundages quite a bit. Perhaps I judged too harshly.

King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50) King_of_Kings will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that press standard is pretty damn low, I guess no one places priority on it anymore thanks to the almighty bench press...

Originally Posted by King_of_Kings View Post
    that press standard is pretty damn low, I guess no one places priority on it anymore thanks to the almighty bench press...
    its pretty hard to go heavy in the press. Theres barely any chest involment, the majority of the weight is taken by the shoulders. And doing it from a dead stop while in an elbows parellel to the floor position makes it that much harder. Im just lucky i started practicing handstand push ups so long ago. Still cant do one without a wall tho lol

Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100) Jmasoner is not very well liked. (-100)

Bw

Originally Posted by athenafootball View Post

i want to compete!
    I bench about 1.5 squat about 2x and dead over 2.5

ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramonski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    some good info in this thread, I was wondering this same question.