View Poll Results: IF Keto gives you such great energy, do you feel you need to perform a carbup day?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 66.67%
  • No

6 33.33%
    Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

CARB UP! (Meal Plans!)

Figured I would start a thread as I haven't seen many informative carb up threads other than eat 100g carbs per meal on your carb up.

Does anyone here actually plan their carb up.
    I am in my first week of Keto and plan on doing one next weekend, however, I don't really feel the need for carbs because the energy that kicked in yesterday is plain awesome.

For all those that want to, please list;
    1. Do you plan a carb up day, or do you eat as you go?
    2. Meal plan of your carb up.
    3. Foods to avoid on carb up (not only fats but also carbs?)
    4. Opinion of Fats on your carb up day.
    5. common effects you have on a carbup.
    6. What would happen if you don't do a carb up?
    6. Do you shoot for the same amount of carbs on each carb up or do use system/ feel to workout?
    7. Recomendations and things to look for when doing first carb up
    8. If you feel good and gym training has not been effected by keto will a carb up (every 2-3 weeks) provide any advantages?

All good replies will be repped back
    Appreciate the support and hope this is for everyone's benefit!
    Last edited by Ripnlean; 10-09-2009 at 07:31 AM.
    2017 Transformation Challenge

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tomek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ripnlean View Post
    Figured I would start a thread as I haven't seen many informative carb up threads other than eat 100g carbs per meal on your carb up.

Does anyone here actually plan their carb up.
    I am in my first week of Keto and plan on doing one next weekend, however, I don't really feel the need for carbs because the energy that kicked in yesterday is plain awesome.

For all those that want to, please list;

All good replies will be repped back
    Appreciate the support and hope this is for everyone's benefit!
    Hey bud, good idea for a thread.. I will be in the same boat in roughly 2 weeks... Last year I went for a good solid month before carbing up..

I think

6. Do you shoot for the same amount of carbs on each carb up or do use system/ feel to workout?
    8. If you feel good and gym training has not been effected by keto will a carb up (every 2-3 weeks) provide any advantages?

could be some valid questions.

Tomek

Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tomek View Post
    Hey bud, good idea for a thread.. I will be in the same boat in roughly 2 weeks... Last year I went for a good solid month before carbing up..

I think

could be some valid questions.

Tomek
    Thanks, Added to the OP!

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "IF Keto gives you such great energy, do you feel you need to perform a carbup day?"

I have no idea what that question means. If Keto gave me energy, do I still do a carb up day? Huh?
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000) brom32 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im a little confused at the question as well? I do get a lot of energy off of keto.. but i notice it during cardio. Towards the end of my 12 days of my keto, i can tell that my muscles are lacking what is needed to put the weight up. This is when i do the carbup. I still have the energy in the gym just not the strength.

bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000) bseidl is just really nice. (+1000)
    -I plan my carbup days. They are every other Saturday.

-I've been experimenting with this. If I eat every 3 hours I tend to get more bloated and retain a lot of water. I discovered if I eat one giant meal it will still fill my muscles but I won't be as bloated the next day. Here's an example carbup day

After depletion workout:
    ......protein shake
    ......bagel
    ......large bowl of cereal with milk
    ......yogurt
    ......fruit

Snack:
    ......12 oz milk
    ......1 cup of oatmeal (cooked)
    ......fruit

Giant meal (last meal of the day):
    .....whole box of hamburger helper
    .....4 slices WW bread
    .....2 sweet potatoes
    .....1 cup of brown rice if I can handle it
    .....ice cream

-sugary foods, and pretty much any junk food like potato chips and stuff. I do however eat icecream.

-I try to keep it as low as possible but I don't stress about it

-muscles get fuller.

-my workouts will start to suffer and I will become cranky and irritable

6. Do you shoot for the same amount of carbs on each carb up or do use system/feel to workout?
    -No, I don't count carbs on carbup, i just make sure to eat a lot of them.

-stick with clean carbs

-yes, it will replenish glycogen and kickstart your metabolism.

Ingredients for Growth:
    -gravity
    -food

Weight lifting is a competitive sport between you and gravity. In the end, gravity always seems to win.

Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    "IF Keto gives you such great energy, do you feel you need to perform a carbup day?"

I have no idea what that question means. If Keto gave me energy, do I still do a carb up day? Huh?
    Originally Posted by brom32 View Post
    Im a little confused at the question as well? I do get a lot of energy off of keto.. but i notice it during cardio. Towards the end of my 12 days of my keto, i can tell that my muscles are lacking what is needed to put the weight up. This is when i do the carbup. I still have the energy in the gym just not the strength.
    If you get enough energy from eating fats to run on the Keto Diet, why is the carb up needed at all? I can do without carbs, that's what I'm asking!
    For my mucles I believe proteinz/creatine/bcaa's are enough!
    My weight went up on my workout yesterday while on Keto.

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

Originally Posted by bseidl View Post
    -I plan my carbup days. They are every other Saturday.

-I've been experimenting with this. If I eat every 3 hours I tend to get more bloated and retain a lot of water. I discovered if I eat one giant meal it will still fill my muscles but I won't be as bloated the next day. Here's an example carbup day

After depletion workout:
    ......protein shake
    ......bagel
    ......large bowl of cereal with milk
    ......yogurt
    ......fruit

Snack:
    ......12 oz milk
    ......1 cup of oatmeal (cooked)
    ......fruit

Giant meal (last meal of the day):
    .....whole box of hamburger helper
    .....4 slices WW bread
    .....2 sweet potatoes
    .....1 cup of brown rice if I can handle it
    .....ice cream

-sugary foods, and pretty much any junk food like potato chips and stuff. I do however eat icecream.

-I try to keep it as low as possible but I don't stress about it

-muscles get fuller.

-my workouts will start to suffer and I will become cranky and irritable

6. Do you shoot for the same amount of carbs on each carb up or do use system/feel to workout?
    -No, I don't count carbs on carbup, i just make sure to eat a lot of them.

-stick with clean carbs

-yes, it will replenish glycogen and kickstart your metabolism.

Thanks Bro, exactly what I meant. Repped!

That information is helpful!

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Glycogen

http://www.answers.com/glycogen

That's why.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) curb_pks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Muscles feel weak when lifting. Although overall I'm not tired. I've tried skipping carb up, and felt a lot weaker than when I do.

Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    Glycogen

http://www.answers.com/glycogen

That's why.
    Originally Posted by curb_pks View Post
    Muscles feel weak when lifting. Although overall I'm not tired. I've tried skipping carb up, and felt a lot weaker than when I do.
    Thanks for the helpful advice guys, if you can, fill out the questionaire
    It will help others in seeing carbup days planned out, etc.!

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

Bump for more thougths

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

So I went over the Step by step Keto diet plan forums yet again and read up a bit more on the carb up day.

here is what I got> ( I already decided on not going over 24 hours my first time)

for my weight 169lbs (76.7kg)>>>LBM=66kg
    I need to eat 10-12 g of carbs per kg/LBM in that 24 hour period.(660-792g carbs)
    Based on the assumption that 24 hours is easier to split up, I will divide this into 6 meals.
    each meal consisting of roughly 110-130g carbs/meal.
    Right off the bat I can say that I will be shooting for the 660 number and no higher!
    Meaning that my calories from carbs will be 2640.

Plan:
    Friday Night will be the first 100g carbs in the form of Whey/Casein/Waxy maize starch
    This will not count as the first of the 6 meals but rather a post workout shake.
    Fats for this meal will be 6g and protein will consist of at least 50g.

this leaves me at 550g/6 = 92g per meal starting with supper friday night.
    Fats for this meal will be 6g
    Protein will be

All of Saturday is roughly 460g carbs/ 1840 cals. 54g (or less) fats/ 486 cals. 146g protein/ 584 cals (No Less). Totaling 2910 cals for Saturday (Or less away from fats only)

Sources of Carbohydrates will be:
    Oatmeal, Whole wheat Pasta, Sweet Potatoes, Whole wheat bread, Liquid carbs such as Sugar drinks and sauces (marinara). (will include some sweet cravings as well without fats)

Sources of Dietary Fats will be:
    Nuts, Nut butters, Vegetable oils, Meat fats, Fish Fats

Sources of Protein will be:
    Whey, Meat red and white, Fish, egg whites.

Hope to outline a carbup day by friday.

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

My Carb up meal plan: (How's it looking) comments appreciated

Friday Night 6PM
    Post workout shake, 60g of waxy maize, & 3 scoops aftermax (Total 100g Carbs)

7 PM:
    Mahi mahi, sweet potato, veggies

8-10PM; couple of BEERS

Breakfast:
    Nature's Pride Steel Cut Oats, 1 tbsp PB, NP Yogurt (Nonfat)

Snack:
    Whole wheat bread, turkey slices,

Lunch:
    Tuna on 2 whole wheat slices

Afternoon snack:
    NP Yogurt,NP Steel Cut oats, 1 scoop whey

Dinner:
    Chicken, Whole wheat Pasta, marinara.(chicken Parmisan)

Evening SnackCarb up over by then)
    Cottage Cheese, 1tbsp EVOO

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF