jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about juicing and if it is worth it

So I had a simple question for anyone that has tried juicing. I basically bought a really cheap black and decker juicer as I want to give it a try for a bit. Nothing extreme, just replace a couple of meals with a juice instead of doing those fasts that people do. I'm hoping it would fill me up so I won't overeat during a real meal and it gives me the nutrition I need. I know I could just eat the fruits and vegetables, but I'll be honest, I really don't enjoy chewing on carrots and celery for a long time for a meal when I can enjoy a juice. That's just me and I'm being honest. So I'm hoping that instead of eating some candy, popping in a Hot Pocket, or something like that, a glass of juice would fill the need and help me with losing weight. Is this smart and what have the results been when you tried juicing?

xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) xbayrockx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hmmm, I think the purpose of fruit is for the nutrients - juicing doesn't help the nutrient cause.

flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Juicing is pretty much like starving yourself doing a master cleanse or something of the sort. It offers some nutrients, without the fiber, which is mostly why I'd include fruit/veggies in a diet. It's a great way to clean out your system, but health benefits are still being debated. You will lose weight, but it's temporary since you can't keep up a diet like that for too long.

As a meal replacement it's not the best... if you're trying to lose weight it is better than a hot pocket, but if you're debating between the two I'd rethink your whole diet lol. And by "enjoy" juice you mean... hold your nose and gulp it down... then yeah... shur.

jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jacobbu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flyfreefit View Post
    Juicing is pretty much like starving yourself doing a master cleanse or something of the sort. It offers some nutrients, without the fiber, which is mostly why I'd include fruit/veggies in a diet. It's a great way to clean out your system, but health benefits are still being debated. You will lose weight, but it's temporary since you can't keep up a diet like that for too long.

As a meal replacement it's not the best... if you're trying to lose weight it is better than a hot pocket, but if you're debating between the two I'd rethink your whole diet lol. And by "enjoy" juice you mean... hold your nose and gulp it down... then yeah... shur.
    I've heard the fiber side of things and I think my diet is fine losing the fiber from the fruits and veggies as I'm pretty regular and don't have a problem. As for the enjoying side, I actually do enjoy drinking it. No need to hold the nose and gulp it down. To each their own. And there are people out there that keep it up and make juicing a regular thing for their lifestyle. I'm just wondering, since a good lifestyle is eating about 5-6 meals, would drinking a substance like this for a meal or two be good for the body, help one lose weight, and stay full longer so that the other meals won't be all about eating?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ how is eating 5-6 meals a good lifestyle? It's obsessive IMO

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    ^^ how is eating 5-6 meals a good lifestyle? It's obsessive IMO
    I've read many books stating a good balanced 5-6 meals a day is better than 3 big meals. You keep the metabolism up, you don't eat huge meals, just stay in the 400-600 calorie range. I do agree it seems obsessive, but I tend to think a lot of things are obsessive as well.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jacobbu View Post
    I've read many books stating a good balanced 5-6 meals a day is better than 3 big meals. You keep the metabolism up, you don't eat huge meals, just stay in the 400-600 calorie range. I do agree it seems obsessive, but I tend to think a lot of things are obsessive as well.
    You've read crap

You've read crap
    So doctors are crap. Very intelligent...

So doctors are crap. Very intelligent...
    Studies show meal frequency has no effect on metabolism

Try not being a smart ass when you're wrong

Studies show meal frequency has no effect on metabolism

Try not being a smart ass when you're wrong
    Yet this very own website would say that eating smaller meals is more favorable:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mohr16.htm

So unless things on this website should be taken with a grain of salt, I would have to believe what this website is telling me to be true.

Yet this very own website would say that eating smaller meals is more favorable:

So unless things on this website should be taken with a grain of salt, I would have to believe what this website is telling me to be true.
    Bodybuilding.com is an online supplement store, they are here to make MONEY. Of course they say you need multiple meals (with shakes in between)

Everyone knows the main site is crap

Anyway you can do as you please

Here

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...unked.html?m=1

Practicing Safe Sets littlemissy's Avatar
    littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) littlemissy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I juice everyday as part of my normal lifestyle. I put a lot more veggies than i do fruits. Kale, broccoli, spinach, celery, carrots, radish, beets. One apple one orange & sometimes grape fruit or watermelon to switch it up. It really makes you dodo after you drink it. I drink two glasses every morning as a breakfast replacement & you do stay full.

Somedays Ill eat some yogurt or oatmeal before lunch around 10am. I drink the juice around 630am. So you stay pretty full until then. I've never done a juice fast bu if you're really curious about that aspect then watch " sick fat & almost dead" on Netflix. It's a documentary.

I eat veggies throughout the day but i feel juicing on top of it helps me hit my servings everyday.
    R 1 35
    L├┼┤
    2 4 6

"No Pecs No Secks, Can't do a curl - won't get a girl" - Chengman

Originally Posted by littlemissy View Post
    I juice everyday as part of my normal lifestyle. I put a lot more veggies than i do fruits. Kale, broccoli, spinach, celery, carrots, radish, beets. One apple one orange & sometimes grape fruit or watermelon to switch it up. It really makes you dodo after you drink it. I drink two glasses every morning as a breakfast replacement & you do stay full.

Somedays Ill eat some yogurt or oatmeal before lunch around 10am. I drink the juice around 630am. So you stay pretty full until then. I've never done a juice fast bu if you're really curious about that aspect then watch " sick fat & almost dead" on Netflix. It's a documentary.

I eat veggies throughout the day but i feel juicing on top of it helps me hit my servings everyday.
    Thanks. I heard of that documentary, but I'm def not doing a fast. Just doing it for a meal or two a day to keep myself, hopefully, full. Thanks for the insight. Planning on using mainly veggies with a fruit or two for sugar and taste.

Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rgreenman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

because you should believe everything on the internet...never any false information there, make sure you go post that link on ******** ...then it has to be factual
    U.S. ARMY

For those who have had to fight for it, life has a speacial meaning the protected shall never know.

Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kolosthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Read the stickies please. Theyre there for a reason

Originally Posted by Kolosthetics View Post
    Read the stickies please. Theyre there for a reason
    I've read the stickies. This post is about juicing however...

I've read the stickies. This post is about juicing however...
    Then you would have known meal frequency doesn't matter... But you never read it

alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lmao when i first read thread title i thought it was about dat dere bicycle

Then you would have known meal frequency doesn't matter... But you never read it
    this

i see your citation of an article on a bodybuilding site whose purpose is to make money and raise you a site quoting peer-reviewed journals http://examine.com/faq/do-i-need-to-...lism-high.html
    inb4 manlet
    inb4 stats

My training log http://bbcom.me/13i2IBv <---- will measly rep for srs comments & criticism !