Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    eimajjjj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How ripped can an endomorph actually get?!

Hi all. First post, look forward to contributing more rather than just reading from now on!

Anyway, height:6f4, down from 95kg to 85kg in a few months..Really taking my cutting seriously now. I didn't realise how much fat I had as it was spread around the body a lot! I've hit a horrible little plateau but seemed to have overcome it with lowering carbs, upping the good fats and increasing cardio frequency...but my question is really this: Can us carb-sensitive, look at pasta and get fat kinda types actually get properly ripped like the ectos/mesos without going on a seriously carb-stripped diet like keto..

I want to get those abs out on display by keeping carbs in my diet otherwise I'll "put the weight straight back on when I eat carbs again" right?

Asking for some success stories/photos here I guess to keep me on track!

No struggle, No progress niiick's Avatar
    niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000)
    doesnt matter what bodytype ...
    dedication, a good nutrition and excersise plan ... and your body is yours to mold as you will.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey,

I am a 6'3" endomorph. I have always been pretty strong, but never realized how muscular I was underneath the 60 or 70 lbs of blubber that was hiding it. I currently have 190 lbs of lean mass. I hope to get down to 15% body fat soon, which will make me about 225 lbs. I have about 20 lbs to go to get there. I can now picture in the mirror what that will look like. Then I plan to bulk and see what happens. I could only imagine being 250 lbs and 15% bf, but it may be attainable for my endomorph frame over a few years time of bulking and cutting. Don't think about the big picture, just go week to week. Eat correctly, cardio, weights. It's not rocket science. You know what to do. Do it.

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Easy Gainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by niiick View Post
    doesnt matter what bodytype ...
    dedication, a good nutrition and excersise plan ... and your body is yours to mold as you will.
    This, coming from a skinny guy is crap.

The problem for some endos is that because calories need to be dropped so low to lose fat that unless you modify your macros your protein will be too low.

That is why some people will keep protein and fat the same as they normally would and cut carbs to drop fat.

You might not have to go Keto but you can do some kind of carb rotation.
    You could eat low carbs for 3 days and then eat more carbs for 1 day then repeat.

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.twowiresthin.com/

This guy is an endomorph and u can see that he reached an ultra ripped body.
    https://www.egyfitness.com

wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabemeso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a great thread. I also love the "looking at pasta" comment. The above poster is right about taking advice from a skinny guy. He has a completely different bodytype than you and has no idea what it's like to be in your shoes. I too am an endo, and in your situation. Basicall most agree that for Endo's to up their fatloss considerably (besides the calories in vs calories aout) is to adjust your macro's by lowering carbs. It worked great for me, but it's just tough to do. Eat enough to get by, keep your protien and efa's up, and adjust your calorie intake accordingly.

ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronz0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    John Stone is my hero.
    Obtaining knowledge is half the battle, knowing how to apply said knowledge is the other half. Executing is the simplest part of success when you have a plan based on sensible well informed choices.

Registered Procrastinator cavfiredesire's Avatar
    cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cavfiredesire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes im sure endos can get ripped..but i know bieng one myself that its way diff for us..lol..i can gain crazy wieght in super fast time...but at the same time i can lose it too fairly fast. But nowive gained alot of wiehgt and now im trying again going with a 40/40/20 diet and there is no way its working....less cals seem to work much better..problem is keeping the protien up with as little food as posssible..phil

eimajjjj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only real advantage I feel of being an endo is the bigger frame that seems to be there underneath. However, if you look at John Stone for an example, for him to get ripped he put his cals at about 1600-1700 average each day. Such a pain in the ass we have to lower it that much. Oh to be an ecto and the only problem being "not being able to each that much"...I'm sure I could try!

Anyway, what about a 50/30/20 break up (P/F/C) for the endo? What have you guys found to be useful..I can literaly feel my belly fill up to a nice chubby handful if I eat an apple or any simple carbs at night!

jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jtcin2u has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    John Stone is amazing. Lot of dedications! When I look through his meal plan and workout schedule, I told myself it is never possible for me to achieve lol He have so much free times.

bulking on lechon and PB shoot2turtle's Avatar
    shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Easy Gainer View Post
    This, coming from a skinny guy is crap.

The problem for some endos is that because calories need to be dropped so low to lose fat that unless you modify your macros your protein will be too low.

That is why some people will keep protein and fat the same as they normally would and cut carbs to drop fat.

You might not have to go Keto but you can do some kind of carb rotation.
    You could eat low carbs for 3 days and then eat more carbs for 1 day then repeat.
    lol. the dude you're quoting is 5'5" and 200lbs. That's not skinny at all.
    "When your takedown defense consists of calling the other guy gay, you're in deep ****." -hargainer82

→ FLIP GAMEOVER CREW ←
    Treasure Hunter Crew [THC]

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    2 problems with this photo...

#1 - Man in photo is not endo
    #2 - Man in photo used AAS to get to where he is

Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mightymuff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Spazzzzy View Post

Martin uses AAS?... -_-

pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10) pro-tein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2007 threat, rly ??
    IF body group: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/intermittent_fasting_fans

Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maakk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

False.
    Goals:

Bench
    Start/Current/Goal
    125x5/135x5/165x5
    Squat
    215 x 5/255x5/260x5

Been off for a while, getting back on the routine hard, enough messing around.

Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spazzzzy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maakk View Post
    False.
    Yes... false...

Striving to Master my Bod ajw1970's Avatar
    ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ajw1970 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cavfiredesire View Post
    Yes im sure endos can get ripped..but i know bieng one myself that its way diff for us..lol..i can gain crazy wieght in super fast time...but at the same time i can lose it too fairly fast. But nowive gained alot of wiehgt and now im trying again going with a 40/40/20 diet and there is no way its working....less cals seem to work much better..problem is keeping the protien up with as little food as posssible..phil

Can you simply add cardio or hiit to your training so that the calories you need for good protein and macro ratios is still lower calories than you're metabolising?

We do have control of both sides of the equation and so the fight is fixed in our favor if we're willing to do whatever it takes no?

I'm no expert yet but I am finding this works for me. Not possitive what my body type is.
    Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. -Mat 6:33

There's only one way to lose weight wisely and permanently, and it's no secret. It's simple, but it's not easy: exercise and eat right, consistently.
    and
    You can soak in specifics, ketogenics, periodization pcts and the facts, fallacies, myths and mysteries of hypertrophy...I'll be at the gym. -Dave Draper

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134207181

CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CantCare has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I realize that I have not contributed to the forum but I have been lurking for over a year and have seen this particular issue a large number of times, and taken note specifically because it affects me on a day to day basis as well.

What I have seen in my personal experience, first of all, I'm an endomorph, as my previous paragraph alludes to, as such everytime I eat carbs I find that my body bloats and I generally really battles to lose any noticeable weight. After trying a few diet variations I found keto, whilst seemingly very rigid and tough at first, did phenominally well. I'm not trying to oversell the benefits but I truly believe that people who are carb sensitive will continue to struggle unneccessarily with conventional carb diets. Within my experience I had tried diets with very restrictive calorie intake (1600-1700 p/d) that included carbs and the results were lackluster at best, combining that with an average 4-5 day a week GST regime I saw minimal results in terms of added definition and noticeable fat loss. After the first month of a Keto diet I found the results very noticeable and had more people commenting on the results.

TLDR; What I'm trying to say is that if you know your body is sensitive to carbs (people that don't have this typically wont even know what this means) you should really just give Keto a try, it's not as hard as you think and I really end up looking forward to the carb up over the weekend.

lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lunchboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm an endo/meso and I have to cut cals pretty low to get my weight down. I just do carb cycling like Martin (the guy who aparently does roids and isn't a meso according to a random person) suggests on his site. On lifting days I eat my carbs. On off days I do much lower carbs and up the fats a little. My weight has been going down ever since I started doing this. Keto is not the only answer for Endo's, just have to be smart with your carbs and you will see some great results.

By the way, cutting cals low to lose weight also saves a lot of money :-p.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wrong on both counts...... Look at his starting picture his body type is definitely endo or endo/meso. I also highly doubt he used AAS, his clients all show similar results.

http://www.leangains.com/
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxbody351w will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im an endo..whether you believe me or not, I dont really care, I would post an OLD pic but I dont have the time ATM.....anyways,

My thinking for the longest time was to do low carbs caus I would get fat again if I ate carbs, I avoided bread, pasta, even sweet potatoes, I didnt even eat 100% whole wheat foods that are considerably low GI even though they are starches. First off, I have been lifting for 8+ years and dieting even longer than that, My first diet was the Atkins when I was in 8th grade..

You dont want to do low carbs for an extent of time, low carbs in the body lowers/inhibits your thyroid function, and we all know that you need the thyroid working at the Highest level to achieve good weightloss and optimal health. I did the low carb thing so long that I now have to take Cytomel just to be normal, I ruined my thyroid. I would suggest Carb cycling, and if you have issues with binging on high carb days, I would suggest doing about 30% of your daily foods be healthy carbs. No you wont bloat up or gain a bunch..I thought the same thing.

You SHOULD look into using something like ALA or better yet, NEEDTOSLIN, for better carb utilization in the body. I think people that are fat or out of shape of any body type like to use as many excuses as possible to explain why they cant look better..its bs, DIET and do some hard lifting and good HIIT cardio and you will change your body.

I weighed over 200lbs when I got pregnant and had a 56" waist. I couldve said " oh Im screwed now, I will never be small again" but I worked my ass off and ate 100% healthy, I like the Beverly International style of carb ups, Monday and Thursday you eat your last meal as this weighed and preportioned carb meal..you weigh everything so you arent going overboard and it keeps your thyroid working properly by spiking carbs 2x/wk.

I NEVER wanted to workout at home, but Im currently doing the insanity videos in place of my cardio in the evenings, and weights in the mornings. Im one of those people that has to do 45min of cardio every day just to maintain, and eat 100% healthy, I stopped eating sugar in the 8th grade, and if I look at a sweet I get fat I also was VERY reluctant to add carbs, but I started the Insanity diet and guess what? it works...I have to convince myself every day that I WANT to do the video for the day, and even during the video I think of excuses as to why I could turn it off, but its making me leaner every day, and the diet has allowed me to increase my calories from a meager 1700 to 2200...Yep I used to have to do low carb and low calories and bust my butt in the gym even when I was extremely tired, and now I have more energy and feel healthier because Im eating fruits again and Ezekiel bread and even sweet potatoes.
    Elitefts rox!!

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Another endo checking in. I can also say that I've found personally, i am VERY sensitive to carbs. It seems to be a common theme amongst endo's.

I don't think there is some fundamental limit on how ripped an endo can be. I look forward to testing this theory soon enough.

P.s yes, I know old thread, but interesting info in it nonetheless.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Pbateman2...good inspiration..and as you can see from this picture, he has the classic block look of an endomorph.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by foxbody351w View Post
    Im an endo..whether you believe me or not, I dont really care, I would post an OLD pic but I dont have the time ATM.....anyways,

My thinking for the longest time was to do low carbs caus I would get fat again if I ate carbs, I avoided bread, pasta, even sweet potatoes, I didnt even eat 100% whole wheat foods that are considerably low GI even though they are starches. First off, I have been lifting for 8+ years and dieting even longer than that, My first diet was the Atkins when I was in 8th grade..

You dont want to do low carbs for an extent of time, low carbs in the body lowers/inhibits your thyroid function, and we all know that you need the thyroid working at the Highest level to achieve good weightloss and optimal health. I did the low carb thing so long that I now have to take Cytomel just to be normal, I ruined my thyroid. I would suggest Carb cycling, and if you have issues with binging on high carb days, I would suggest doing about 30% of your daily foods be healthy carbs. No you wont bloat up or gain a bunch..I thought the same thing.

You SHOULD look into using something like ALA or better yet, NEEDTOSLIN, for better carb utilization in the body. I think people that are fat or out of shape of any body type like to use as many excuses as possible to explain why they cant look better..its bs, DIET and do some hard lifting and good HIIT cardio and you will change your body.

I weighed over 200lbs when I got pregnant and had a 56" waist. I couldve said " oh Im screwed now, I will never be small again" but I worked my ass off and ate 100% healthy, I like the Beverly International style of carb ups, Monday and Thursday you eat your last meal as this weighed and preportioned carb meal..you weigh everything so you arent going overboard and it keeps your thyroid working properly by spiking carbs 2x/wk.

I NEVER wanted to workout at home, but Im currently doing the insanity videos in place of my cardio in the evenings, and weights in the mornings. Im one of those people that has to do 45min of cardio every day just to maintain, and eat 100% healthy, I stopped eating sugar in the 8th grade, and if I look at a sweet I get fat I also was VERY reluctant to add carbs, but I started the Insanity diet and guess what? it works...I have to convince myself every day that I WANT to do the video for the day, and even during the video I think of excuses as to why I could turn it off, but its making me leaner every day, and the diet has allowed me to increase my calories from a meager 1700 to 2200...Yep I used to have to do low carb and low calories and bust my butt in the gym even when I was extremely tired, and now I have more energy and feel healthier because Im eating fruits again and Ezekiel bread and even sweet potatoes.
    I can guarantee you had issues with your thyroid prior to doing low carb, otherwise you probably wouldn't have been over weight in the first place. You can't really blame keto/low carb for that and no research has stated that low carb diets permanently inhibit thyroid function.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Figured I might as well contribute to the 4 year old thread . Here's Dave Gulledge (aka Mr. Badassmother****er). He's a boss...gives me hope at least haha.

Powerlifter Dave:

Bodybuilder Dave:
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is it that makes one an endo/meso/ecto? Waist to Shoulder ratio? If you have small shoulders and are naturally thin you are an ecto and if you're like that but naturally fat you are an endo? I have wide shoulders and narrow hips, but I've been fat since puberty, does that make me a meso endo?

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    endos are pear shaped (higher fat, usually) with large body frames.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post
    Figured I might as well contribute to the 4 year old thread . Here's Dave Gulledge (aka Mr. Badassmother****er). He's a boss...gives me hope at least haha.
    Serious motivation there.... he is definitely badass!!
    My Reverse Diet Log

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    What is it that makes one an endo/meso/ecto? Waist to Shoulder ratio? If you have small shoulders and are naturally thin you are an ecto and if you're like that but naturally fat you are an endo? I have wide shoulders and narrow hips, but I've been fat since puberty, does that make me a meso endo?
    I think that just made you an out of shape meso.
    Barely decent crew