throwawayay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

short guy + broad upper body from lifting = clothing dilemma?

Obvious throwaway account, but I'm a regular poster on here, I just don't want people hassling me on my main account

I'm 5'5 ~165-170 with just over a 43" chest, 16.5" bicep, 16" neck, and as I've gotten more muscular I've found it near impossible to find clothes that look right without having to re hem them.

XL shirts are what fight my upper body right, but they are WAYYYY too long for me, its almost like wearing a dress and makes it awkward to wear anything that I'm not going to tuck in.

L shirts are snug, and still too long.

medium shirts are about the right length, but of course way too small proportioned for me.

I figured the people around here would be the best to ask advice from about brands that are better suited to people with muscular bodies. (I've looked at 'muscle fit' shirts from several popular brands, and they're about the same length as regular fit, with SMALLER dimensions, like they're meant to make tiny people look/feel bulky or something.

I have the same problem to a lesser extent with pants, I've got a ~30.5" waist, and big upper legs, but I can get around that by just wearing relaxed fit pants.

Any suggestions?

remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) remnex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by throwawayay View Post
    Obvious throwaway account, but I'm a regular poster on here, I just don't want people hassling me on my main account

I'm 5'5 ~165-170 with just over a 43" chest, 16.5" bicep, 16" neck, and as I've gotten more muscular I've found it near impossible to find clothes that look right without having to re hem them.

XL shirts are what fight my upper body right, but they are WAYYYY too long for me, its almost like wearing a dress and makes it awkward to wear anything that I'm not going to tuck in.

L shirts are snug, and still too long.

medium shirts are about the right length, but of course way too small proportioned for me.

I figured the people around here would be the best to ask advice from about brands that are better suited to people with muscular bodies. (I've looked at 'muscle fit' shirts from several popular brands, and they're about the same length as regular fit, with SMALLER dimensions, like they're meant to make tiny people look/feel bulky or something.

I have the same problem to a lesser extent with pants, I've got a ~30.5" waist, and big upper legs, but I can get around that by just wearing relaxed fit pants.

Any suggestions?
    I have similar issues my good sir. I am 5'9" with 42.5" chest + 32" waist and I can't seem to find shirts that are not baggy in the waist + mid section.

Let me know what you find - I have at least had luck ordering ringer tees online and anything shirt that is made by American Apparel.

sixmind80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by remnex View Post
    I have similar issues my good sir. I am 5'9" with 42.5" chest + 32" waist and I can't seem to find shirts that are not baggy in the waist + mid section.

Let me know what you find - I have at least had luck ordering ringer tees online and anything shirt that is made by American Apparel.
    Hi,

I'm abt 5"10, 44" chest, 17" arm. I like fitting clothes as bigger size would makes me look fat

and i'm thinking of getting a t-shirt from AA.

What do you think of their sizes/fitting? I normally wear a M on Gap, but L on general. What size should i get for the above t-shirt?

Thanks

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm there with you. I have a 46.5" chest, 17.5" arms, 32" waist and 25" thighs.

I've thought of buying size 36 pants and getting them altered by a taylor.

Originally Posted by CaseyofDoom View Post
    I'm there with you. I have a 46.5" chest, 17.5" arms, 32" waist and 25" thighs.

I've thought of buying size 36 pants and getting them altered by a taylor.
    Wow! that's perfect! So do you think L is definitely too small? I'm guessing you're rocking an XL?

CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CaseyofDoom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sixmind80 View Post
    Wow! that's perfect! So do you think L is definitely too small? I'm guessing you're rocking an XL?
    I actually wear M lol. I wear cheap t-shirts that stretch out. I have a bit of a short torso so length isn't an issue. Pants are a big preoblem for me though.

Originally Posted by CaseyofDoom View Post
    I actually wear M lol. I wear cheap t-shirts that stretch out. I have a bit of a short torso so length isn't an issue. Pants are a big preoblem for me though.
    size M for american apparel basic tee?

Originally Posted by sixmind80 View Post
    size M for american apparel basic tee?
    Yeah medium.

laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) laes778 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    have you tried brands like affliction? i know they're pricy, but they're long and big. give them a shot.
    IIFYM, u mad?

Morning Workout Crew