Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: High Lats

Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anabolism1000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Thanks for the posts guys and I pretty much agree. I can feel my lower lats and they seem to be low, but they also seem to be underdeveloped compared to my upper lats. I do yates rows every other week (opposite of deadlifts), Ill have to look up hammer chins maybe Ill add those in. Is it normal for lower lats to lag behind upper especially for a intermediete bber?
    Lower lats seem to be a tough area to target. Don't forget those close-grip seated rows, strict movement. You look like you're on the right path. Keep it up!

rusty hands make me happy goodLIFT's Avatar
    goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10) goodLIFT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lower lats are gonna be most visible with very low bodyfat. so just work on ur back as a whole and when u decide to cut ull see them

S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    "high lats" usually refers to having your upper lats dominate your lower lats...
    I would have thought it would be in relation to the insertion point....

I would say from a competitive point of view low is good

tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by S7R31F View Post
    I would have thought it would be in relation to the insertion point....

I would say from a competitive point of view low is good
    6 year bump dude...really...really?????? FFS
    Owe 2 reps to: BBNobu

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.Stercs.▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Φ8----------------OΦ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000) mbamboocha112 is just really nice. (+1000)

dem high lats

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tsiparlanaeht View Post
    6 year bump dude...really...really?????? FFS
    I would have thought people were smarter than this....

I would say from an observative point of view the dude is retarded

germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How does one even accidentally do this? Must be clicking on related threads or something and not noticing the dates.

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Anabolism1000 View Post
    Same here! Exactly!

Believe it or not, I hammered my back for over 20 years with very little lat development. It wasn't until the past 5 years that I've finally gotten respectable lat development. And me too, I couldn't feel the lats working either. What has helped me is being very strict with the movements and sacrificing the amount of weight I use. Also, concentrating on narrow and shoulder width grips on chins and pulldowns. Narrow grip t-bar rows and narrow grip cable rows have helped alot. I used to think that a wide grip meant a wide back, but it's actually opposite.

Anyway, I sympathize with you, but as you know, you can still build a very respectable physique. Congrats on your perserverence.
    Damn that sucks dude. Crazy how some improper training can build an imbalance that lasts 20 years. This my friends is why you should always use good form and do slow, controlled movements with proper breathing on every exercise.

Good luck fixing it I know how long that can take!

Registered User Nuclear_Warrior's Avatar
    Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Can anyone look at my bodyspace pics and tell me if I have high lats or not, I still cant seem to fully figure it out sometimes I think I do somethings I think I dont.
    Your back looks good and is proportional to your height and weight in my opinion. Your spinal erectors look badass. I think your shoulders dominate your back from the rear and as stated by other posters, you would benefit from some low rows dorian style. Perhaps some heavy deadlifts, maybe cage style focused on the lock out upper half focusing on the back.

Edit: Didn't even notice the 2007 stamp I was commenting on. Self-recognized fail.

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nuclear_Warrior View Post
    Your back looks good and is proportional to your height and weight in my opinion. Your spinal erectors look badass. I think your shoulders dominate your back from the rear and as stated by other posters, you would benefit from some low rows dorian style. Perhaps some heavy deadlifts, maybe cage style focused on the lock upper half focusing on the back.
    6 years too late with that advice

Registered User Nuclear_Warrior's Avatar
    Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nuclear_Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TTimmerman View Post
    6 years too late with that advice
    Yeah, I just realized that, hence my little edit...I need to pay more attention to the bumps from the grave!

S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by germanyt View Post
    How does one even accidentally do this? Must be clicking on related threads or something and not noticing the dates.
    I was just googling the topic and stumbled across this thread, so what if it's 6 years old. It's a small reference point for those in the future that google the topic.