adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Concentric vs Eccentric contraction

I learned that Eccentric contractions (negatives) are supposed to be better for strength and hypertrophy than the regular concentric. As a result, I heard that it is better to slowly lower the weight and then lift it up quicker.

I do incorporate negatives at times and do maintain control on my lifts.

Does anyone do this? Results?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Negatives are good...when used sparingly. Otherwise, it's a great way to achieve premature fatigue.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Negatives are good...when used sparingly. Otherwise, it's a great way to achieve premature fatigue.
    Sparingly because bc they break down muscle more effectively?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adosh View Post
    Sparingly because bc they break down muscle more effectively?
    No...because it leads to premature fatigue (and neural fatigue)...
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I learned that Eccentric contractions (negatives) are supposed to be better for strength and hypertrophy than the regular concentric.
    Where did you 'learn' this?

As a result, I heard that it is better to slowly lower the weight and then lift it up quicker.
    I think that's for other reasons, like acceleration being a good skill, and an eccentric too fast lets momentum build up in the stretched position which can be risky for injuries.

I do incorporate negatives at times and do maintain control on my lifts. Does anyone do this? Results?
    I mostly do this for pull ups, in the past I've found they helped, my lack of progress is mostly due to laziness at not training often enough and eating ****.

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I learned that Eccentric contractions (negatives) are supposed to be better for strength and hypertrophy than the regular concentric. As a result, I heard that it is better to slowly lower the weight and then lift it up quicker.
    no, lift up & down using same speed. both pos & neg are equally important.
    the difference is that u are 30-40% stronger during the neg, so unless u overload the neg phase with an extra 30-40% resistance you are simply spending more time in an underloaded condition by performing a slow neg each rep.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.