Registered User blazing_hellion's Avatar
    blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10) blazing_hellion is on a distinguished road. (+10)

jogging vs sprinting vs jump rope

So a lot of things i read have people asking between these 3. they all work differently and can all produce results, so I'm curious why people don't just have a routine that incorporates all 3 of them.

thoughts?
    "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender!"

"A lesson without pain is meaningless. For you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But once you have overcome it and made it your own... You will posses a irreplaceable Full-metal heart." -Full Metal Alchemist

StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthGeek25 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blazing_hellion View Post
    So a lot of things i read have people asking between these 3. they all work differently and can all produce results, so I'm curious why people don't just have a routine that incorporates all 3 of them.

thoughts?
    Different energy systems used (I'm lumping jogging and jumping rope as they are both submaximal exercise), and therefore more useful for different goals.

Generally:

Big + Strong + Awesome = Sprints

Skinny + Weak + Not awesome = Jogging.
    "Keep your blood clean, your body lean, and your mind sharp." - Henry Rollins

"There is no reason to be alive if you cannot do deadlifts." Jon Pall Sigmarsson

mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000) mmorton is a name known to all. (+5000)
    compare an olympic sprinter body to an olympic distance athlete body. whichever one you like, do what they do.

2nd on the sprints being awesome.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by blazing_hellion View Post

thoughts?
    What are you trying to achieve?

I do something that incorporates jogging, sprints and jumps (but not jump rope).

First I jog for about 20 minutes, I then do some jumps over park benches (I run in a park) and then I finish with some sprints and then do a cooldown jog back home.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 70sBB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mmorton View Post
    compare an olympic sprinter body to an olympic distance athlete body. whichever one you like, do what they do.

2nd on the sprints being awesome.
    Yep!

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    What are you trying to achieve?
    ^this

Your workout should depend on your goals.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733