willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Raw Egg Whites - Good or Bad?

Hi all,

A guy who works at my local gym told me today that it is virtually pointless eating raw eggs because the bioavailibilty of the protein in them is massively reduced. In fact due to biotin (or something named similar) they can actually have a negative effect on your body by stripping away Vitamin B7. Now i stick 6 raw eggs in a morning "smoothie" (3 whole, 3 whites) and have done for quite some time now and have never thought to research into whether what i was doing was in any way negative. Does any one have any more info on the subject because i obviously need to reconsider my morning eating habits if the above is true? Thanks, and by the way my chickens are vaccinated against salmonella so there's no worries on that front!

Will :-)
    Strength and Honour

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The guy in your gym has a good point.

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The whole area of "bioavailability" of raw eggs is a pretty grey area when it comes to real, hard, measurable data on it.

However, the biotin part is true, the raw egg white does strip Biotin, you can recover this by eating cooked eggs (yolks are rich in biotin) and/or supplementing with Biotin.

By the way, I eat 6-10 raw eggs a day and I'm healthy as a horse (I take biotin to counteract the loss).
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000) lordsnow is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you have been doing it for a while, and your getting good results I wouldn't worry about it. If it aint broke, Don't fix it.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by willtord View Post
    Hi all,

A guy who works at my local gym told me today that it is virtually pointless eating raw eggs because the bioavailibilty of the protein in them is massively reduced. In fact due to biotin (or something named similar) they can actually have a negative effect on your body by stripping away Vitamin B7. Now i stick 6 raw eggs in a morning "smoothie" (3 whole, 3 whites) and have done for quite some time now and have never thought to research into whether what i was doing was in any way negative. Does any one have any more info on the subject because i obviously need to reconsider my morning eating habits if the above is true? Thanks, and by the way my chickens are vaccinated against salmonella so there's no worries on that front!

Will :-)
    Yes the digestibility of egg whites are lower and the avidin will prohibit the biotin from being utilized from the egg white, but it's unlikely to cause any other issues given an adequate biotin intake to begin with.

Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques [ http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716 ]
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I stay away from raw products ( I also stay away from hamburgers and other ground beef). There's more than just a trivial chance to get salmonella or perhaps BSE. America's chickens (cows also) are fed the remains of dead and sick animals, poopoo unfortunately gets mixed when unskilled cheap labor is facilitating the process.
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."

samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samalmarresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    The whole area of "bioavailability" of raw eggs is a pretty grey area when it comes to real, hard, measurable data on it.

However, the biotin part is true, the raw egg white does strip Biotin, you can recover this by eating cooked eggs (yolks are rich in biotin) and/or supplementing with Biotin.

By the way, I eat 6-10 raw eggs a day and I'm healthy as a horse (I take biotin to counteract the loss).
    Do u eat the whole eggs with the white and yolks?

How much protein in 10 medium eggs? 60gram???

Thanks alot

-----------------------------------------
    Rep me if u like my posts please.
    I will repay the favour.
    Last edited by samalmarresh; 10-16-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the guy in your gym must have been in the nutrition section earlier today when one of the other 5 threads about raw eggs was posted.

seriously there was JUST a question about raw eggs posted, its still on the first page of the section man.
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!

willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) willtord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The_Animal11 View Post
    the guy in your gym must have been in the nutrition section earlier today when one of the other 5 threads about raw eggs was posted.

seriously there was JUST a question about raw eggs posted, its still on the first page of the section man.
    Errrrr... my post was made 9 days before???
    Strength and Honour

UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UttemeGar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Christian ********* Swarovski crystal pumps

Of course, the conspicuous advantage of buying via the web will be the simple fact that men or women could read extensive assortments with a lot less provoke and would only call for to produce somewhat Christian ********* Discount allowance to feature for boats expenses Throughout christian*********saleus info/]christian ********* Christian ********* a terrific offer of acclaimed artisan footwear by Christian ********* Flip flops are total in abounding kinds and series, the mark is low-priced Christian ********* footwear include, purchase Christian ********* " booties ", boots, sandals, wedges and some abstruse from the shoes All bean adapted body shapes needs Here is in actuality a brace of Christian ********* Discount new affluence with all the new season, that appears so alluring, Christian ********* Pumps influenced and rare

The truth is that heel and the ease and comfort it offers you are going to be crucial in the type of body language which a person convey Also, look at the style on the shoe and if it will likely be a perfect match to your wedding dress This will confirm that you have the most perfect christian ********* outlet shoe to the bridal dress and ensemble These are the shoes that may definitely highlight the greatest attributes on the gown and lead you to appear gorgeous christian ********* outlet style is clever It makes women a lot more sexy and charming relating the red sole, which can catch mens eyes to concerntrate all of them, including the shoes and also the women In this way, almost women christian*********saleus info/]christian ********* may be ready to afford the Christian ********* Cheap Booties for get gents attentions The shoes christian ********* recognition in the red sole is so high that it can ask the girl stars to advertise these freely Namely, if you see that sign of "red sole", you must easily realize the Christian *********

Go for the absolute best shoes possible as scrimping christian ********* outlet in this significant aspect of the attire is perhaps not likely to get the job done In fact, if you don't developed a smart choice and have uncertainties looking for Christian ********* fake since they are not the originals, you may even find yourself ruing the decision Your wedding day might be destined to be just about the most essential times in your life if not the positively day Hence, the christian ********* outlet perfect decision you can make is christian*********saleus info/]christian ********* to find your shoes ready and purchased in advance and check them out while using dress every time that you get a fitting After you have procured the comfort levels build look closely at the heel plus the way you'd like it for being You don't want to tower above your second half, certainly not on the wedding at least The suitable heel is vital to the complete look on the shoe and the way you'll be able to walk and the posture
    be1334d01be6a6c7
    Read More:
    christian*********saleus info/] christian*********saleus info/
    phe phyas aichi-edu ac jp/%7Ephoenix/cgi-bin/minibbs cgi]Christian ********* Big Lips 120 Calf Hair Pumps
    wimax4free ru/forum/memberlist php?mode=viewprofile&u=73952]Christian ********* consistently make individuals really feel so fresh
    tecnologiacontable com/foros/profile php?mode=viewprofile&u=708973]Christian ********* consistently make individuals really feel so fresh
    nagare org ua/forum/index php?action=profile;u=27958]Christian ********* Metallip 120 suede and metal pumps
    lliria es/aytolliria/forums newthread action?forum%3D1]Christian ********* Crystal Encrusted Suede Pump