nextquestion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some questions concerning weight loss.

*Ignore the current title. My old questions were answered already. I just have a few more questions concerning weight loss.

Stats: 18 years old, 5'8, 150 lbs, 34 inch waist

Questions:
    1. How do I accurately figure out my body fat percentage?
    2. My weight usually goes to my thighs instead of my upper body. Is there any way to avoid/reverse this?
    3. Whats a good weight and waist size for a 5'8 male?
    4. My lower body is bigger than my upper body. Should I focus on cutting or continue working on gaining muscle?

Please let me know if there's any more information you guys need to give me a better response.
    Last edited by nextquestion; 11-23-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice diet bro. That'll make you look like a twig and sick too, not to mention the strength you will lose and the feeling of being unhealthy.

Follow the stickies for how to lose fat for noobs.

Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freshdou is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You want to reach 120 lbs..?

Post a picture up

Holy **** at your diet. That's under 500 calories a day. How did you dirty bulk if you're never hungry and you can live off of that everyday?

Originally Posted by Ramborage View Post
    Nice diet bro. That'll make you look like a twig and sick too, not to mention the strength you will lose and the feeling of being unhealthy.

Follow the stickies for how to lose fat for noobs.
    Yea, I know. I actually never feel hungry and I never feel full either so eating isn't a problem for me. Right now I have a skinny fat look and I'm trying to get rid of it. I'll start building up later. Most of the weight I gained goes to my thighs instead of my upper body which is I why I wanted to start over. I was 110 lbs before so I don't mind going back to 120 lbs.

Originally Posted by Freshdou View Post
    You want to reach 120 lbs..?

Post a picture up

Holy **** at your diet. That's under 500 calories a day. How did you dirty bulk if you're never hungry and you can live off of that everyday?
    My old diet consisted of:
    Morning: 4 pieces of bread with peanut butter spread on each one of them. 1 glass of soy milk.
    Afternoon: 2 chicken breasts with fried rice and spinach on the side.
    Dinner: 2 bowls of rice and a variety of side dishes.
    Snacks throughout the day: Trail mix and fruit (pear, banana, strawberries)

Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sweez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just confirming, you're a man right? That's an absurdley low weight goal you've set for yourself if so. You say you're skinny fat now, here's what's going to happen if you stick with that atrocious diet of yours... Either you'll still be skinny fat just at a lower weight (since your body will be eating away at what little muscle you have), or you'll starve yourself down to a very low bodyfat level and you'll look like a nazi prisoner. You won't look good or tone or have a six pack at all using your method, you'll just look sickly.

I'll say what others have said again... Read the stickies, set a proper diet out for yourself, lift weights to preserve muscle, and you'll be so much happier with the results.

Originally Posted by Sweez View Post
    Just confirming, you're a man right? That's an absurdley low weight goal you've set for yourself if so. You say you're skinny fat now, here's what's going to happen if you stick with that atrocious diet of yours... Either you'll still be skinny fat just at a lower weight (since your body will be eating away at what little muscle you have), or you'll starve yourself down to a very low bodyfat level and you'll look like a nazi prisoner. You won't look good or tone or have a six pack at all using your method, you'll just look sickly.

I'll say what others have said again... Read the stickies, set a proper diet out for yourself, lift weights to preserve muscle, and you'll be so much happier with the results.
    Yea, I know I'm doing a lot of things wrong but I was more concerned with fast results rather than eating right/building muscle/losing weight at a slow 1 lbs per week. I'll revise the first post cause I still have some questions that need to be answered or I'll delete this topic if its in the wrong section.

gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) gynogon is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by nextquestion View Post
    Yea, I know I'm doing a lot of things wrong but I was more concerned with fast results rather than eating right/building muscle/losing weight at a slow 1 lbs per week. I'll revise the first post cause I still have some questions that need to be answered or I'll delete this topic if its in the wrong section.
    Hey op u dont want to loose weight fast because you will burn out and loose muscle mass on such an unsustainable diet which in turn causes rebound weight gain from binging etc. Youre gona set yourself up 4 failure long term if you dont do it slow i know its not what u wana hear but its true.

Youre 34 inch weist is pretty good i mean jay cutler cuts up at a 34 inch weist it sounds like youre problem is youre lack of LBM not so much youre fat and thast what people were saying that if you just keep loosing weight youre just gona keep getting skinny fat. Once you build some muscle mass it will in turn burn more calories then you would with less muscle mass.

You need to up youre calories, work out all muscle groups 3 - 5 times a week and get atleast 120g of protein per day and youre body will take on a much better shape as a result.

NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10) NABlakley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nextquestion View Post

Questions:
    1. How do I accurately figure out my body fat percentage?
    2. My weight usually goes to my thighs instead of my upper body. Is there any way to avoid/reverse this?
    3. Whats a good weight and waist size for a 5'8 male?
    4. My lower body is bigger than my upper body. Should I focus on cutting or continue working on gaining muscle?
    Hard to really tell without pictures OP. But If you are unhappy with the size of your lower body the obvious answer is to continue your cut. Spot reducing is not possible, only way to cut down problem areas is to stay in a caloric deficit. Figuring out body fat % can be pretty difficult, calipers are easiest way, but can be very inaccurate.
    Pickup heavy things and move them around.

Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rboogy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ur gonna die dude