Page 4 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    It IS a stupid idea. Those of us who are 5'6" need to bring one of those box steps over just to get up there, lulz, embarassing as hell. I take over one of the assisted pull up stations and get rid of the assistance pad thing so I can do regular pullups. I'm sure it pisses off the people who need the assisted thing, but whatever, I have no control over my t-rex arms.
    It's even worse being 5'1". There aren't enough things in the gym to stack up for me to be able to reach those, so I take over the assisted thing too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by squeaks77 View Post
    It's even worse being 5'1". There aren't enough things in the gym to stack up for me to be able to reach those, so I take over the assisted thing too.
    Agreed. 5'3 (barely) is for the birds. I am hoping that repeated sets of weighted hangs may stretch me out a little........
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It IS a stupid idea. Those of us who are 5'6" need to bring one of those box steps over just to get up there, lulz, embarassing as hell. I take over one of the assisted pull up stations and get rid of the assistance pad thing so I can do regular pullups. I'm sure it pisses off the people who need the assisted thing, but whatever, I have no control over my t-rex arms.
    Originally Posted by squeaks77 View Post
    Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    Agreed. 5'3 (barely) is for the birds. I am hoping that repeated sets of weighted hangs may stretch me out a little........
    Awww.... you gals are just the cutest things....

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Awww.... you gals are just the cutest things....

5'6" IS NOT THAT SHORT!!!!

(I thought I was over my anger issues but apparently I'm still hollering a lot. oops)
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I really love the gym. It makes me happy! It makes a good day great and a bad day better. When I hit the gym, this is how I feel. In fact, I think I kind of act like this. Yes, people stare. (For the record, this chick definitely stole some of my best moves):

BACK/BICEPS

BB Bent Over Rows

85x10
    95x9
    105x6

Close Grip Lat Pulldown

85x8
    90x7
    95x5

One Arm DB Row

40x10
    45x8
    50x5 PR

Chins

My back was feeling a little tweaky so I just did a few and called it good

Incline DB Curls

15x20
    20x18
    20x18 F

High & Mighty Cleavage Maker (Preacher curls)

40x20
    50x15
    60x7 F dropped to 55x3 F

E-Z Bar Curls Total Burnout

40 pound EZ Bar with 30 second rest in between failure sets (no counting, just rep till fail)

1. Fail.....30 sec rest 2. Fail....30 sec rest 3. Fail...30 sec rest 4. Fail....pick arms off floor

Done, Baby

Cardio --- struttin off da floor

Happy Saturday, friends!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LMAO at vid, could see Swooshie bustin' a move like that in the free weights, all bertstare.jpg. Nice rows btw!

Looks like I caused a lil bit of height rage in here, haha, suddenly feeling better about 5'6". I am awaiting the day someone carries around a small ladder in da gym.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LMAO at vid, could see Swooshie bustin' a move like that in the free weights, all bertstare.jpg. Nice rows btw!

Looks like I caused a lil bit of height rage in here, haha, suddenly feeling better about 5'6". I am awaiting the day someone carries around a small ladder in da gym.
    HaHaHa! Today I realized that not only do I dance around the gym like that but I mouth things to myself too! When I was going for that PR I gave myself a pep talk, which I always thought was just in my head, but then I realized my mouth was moving too! Definitely bertstare worthy! What the hell, at least I'm good for a little entertainment now and then!

I'm 5'7" and even I have to jump to reach those pullup bars!

Tanks, hammie-poo
    Last edited by swooshie; 02-11-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We're planning on raising a basketball player. The fiancee is the shorter of her sisters at 5'11, her dad is 6'8, and I'm 6'1 so I feel like our odds are good
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144101461
    Best meet lifts: 424/303/551 (93kg)
    Best gym lifts: 420/290/565

Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
    We're planning on raising a basketball player. The fiancee is the shorter of her sisters at 5'11, her dad is 6'8, and I'm 6'1 so I feel like our odds are good
    I know your stats are right over there <-----, or actually right up there ^^^^ But I didn't realize you were 6'1". Guess I was just too busy looking at your a$$ to notice

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    I know your stats are right over there <-----, or actually right up there ^^^^ But I didn't realize you were 6'1". Guess I was just too busy looking at your a$$ to notice
    you've been watching my skwat videos huh?

I figured you would have noticed that it was approx 3 feet off the ground

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HaHaHa! Today I realized that not only do I dance around the gym like that but I mouth things to myself too!
    I don't dance-dance but I move a bit between sets and I knew I did it but I didn't know OTHER PEOPLE knew I did it. Until PLer Dude walks by and says "way to keep your HR up!". Oops.

50s! Nice work! I pulled 40s the other day and felt like SUCH a big girl for pulling those off the rack!

Can you imagine if we all worked out together? Probably be some injuries from everyone trying to keep up with everyone else
    My Journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    I don't dance-dance but I move a bit between sets and I knew I did it but I didn't know OTHER PEOPLE knew I did it. Until PLer Dude walks by and says "way to keep your HR up!". Oops.

50s! Nice work! I pulled 40s the other day and felt like SUCH a big girl for pulling those off the rack!

Can you imagine if we all worked out together? Probably be some injuries from everyone trying to keep up with everyone else
    No doubt, getting those mombo weights off the rack is the hardest part. Don't blow it.....people are a watchin!

I think the gym would have to be closed to the public if we all showed up at once!! Plus, they'd need to add a bunch more big girl weights!

SUNDAY FUNDAY CARDIO GIT-ER-DONEDAY

Stairway to Hell - intervals - 1 hour

Observations while dying a slow death on the StairMaster......

1. My friend Christy is in the gym. She's 10 weeks out from her first figure competition and she already looks amazing. I'm going up to her competition in Seattle to cheer her on. I'm so proud of her!

2. I'm a smiley-pie. Just because I smile at you, does not mean I want to talk to you. The fact that I'm not taking my ear buds out is a big hint.

3. Another "working out with my purse" spotting.

4. Why would anyone come to the gym wearing gigantic hoop earrings? Honestly, I think these were actually recycled door knockers.

5. I have a friend, A.J. at the gym. He's older then me (imagine that) and a wicked racketball player. He wants to teach me the game one day. However, when I was about 8 years old I took tennis lessons. I had a monster serve, but it all went downhill after that. I would either hit the ball into someone else's court or so high in the air it could probably knock an airplane off course. In the end, the tennis instructor put on my evaluation to find another sport. Who says that to an 8 year old? *Note to self....aim for instructors head during next match* Anyway, a racketball court has four walls and a ceiling, so maybe I have a chance. He came up to me today and said I was the most dedicated girl in the gym......thanks, A.J.

6. Sweating is kind of sexy, until you stop working out. Then it's just cold and miserable.

7. *gasp* instant heartrate elevation. My beefcakey ex-trainer just walked in the gym. We have both acknowledged a most inappropriate, however harmless, crush on each other. I know he'll come work out right next to me. We'll play our googly-eyes/winky-dink "you're a hottie/I'm a hottie' game. Yep, here he comes......let the games begin.

8. We all know the "after effects" of our high protein diets. Well, since I've also added in massive amounts of veggies and powdered dirt called Advanced Greens Plus, I'm pretty sure I'm going to die a lonely old lady with a lot of scented candles burning in my house. *add air freshener to grocery list*

Time to hit the shower
    Last edited by swooshie; 02-12-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: doing this on a cell phone is f in impossible

nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've tried Greens Plus before and I think I'd rather eat grass..... srs. It was so nasty.

Happy cardio day!

beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No doubt, getting those mombo weights off the rack is the hardest part. Don't blow it.....people are a watchin!

*add air freshener to grocery list*
    hi long time lurker 1st post here

... lol about well both points u made ... the fear of failure with the audience has made more than one trembleing omg lift somehow a success ... and yea to fiber + air freshners & exhaust fans / open windows
    "Ego kills spirit. Find confidence in your own progress not in comparison to others." - me waking up 11/21/15

"It does not have to be a perfect workout; just be consistent" - my obi-wan

On my way to new levels in 2017
    347 / 209 / DL 408 / 964.5 / Wilks 429.013

"Stay humble" - B*itch that lifts > me

I've tried Greens Plus before and I think I'd rather eat grass..... srs. It was so nasty.

Happy cardio day!
    Hey Dubs

I can't drink the stuff on its own, but if I mix it up in my morning protein shake, it's tolerable. My morning shake is Chocolate protein powder, egg whites, powdered dirt (Advanced Greens Plus) which is a very strange green/brown color, and a handful of blueberries. My shake turns the lovely color of poo water......."bottoms up" takes on a whole new meaning.

Originally Posted by beatha View Post
    hi long time lurker 1st post here

... lol about well both points u made ... the fear of failure with the audience has made more than one trembleing omg lift somehow a success ... and yea to fiber + air freshners & exhaust fans / open windows
    Hey there Beatha......my Beast Mode friend Glad to have you!! I'd love to have your input!

Listen. My azz is nastee. NASTEE! I'm unsure of how I don't let 'em rip all the time at the gym! Srs. Though I did once (nothing crazy) when I was on the Captain's Chair doing leg raises and I nearly busted a gut laughing at myself! So I told Kim she might want her own room at The Arnold. I did.

Why is it inappropriate with the beefcake?
    My Journal

Listen. My azz is nastee. NASTEE! I'm unsure of how I don't let 'em rip all the time at the gym! Srs. Though I did once (nothing crazy) when I was on the Captain's Chair doing leg raises and I nearly busted a gut laughing at myself! So I told Kim she might want her own room at The Arnold. I did.
    Another reason we should never all workout together!!

Why is it inappropriate with the beefcake?
    Well, for starters, beefcake is only 22

We are just really good friends and we have a lot of fun with each other. We clicked from day one and can talk about anything. He left personal training and I miss him terribly, but we'll be friends forever.

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    another reason we should never all workout together!!
    lol!!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5. I have a friend, A.J. at the gym. He's older then me (imagine that) and a wicked racketball player. He wants to teach me the game one day. However, when I was about 8 years old I took tennis lessons. I had a monster serve, but it all went downhill after that. I would either hit the ball into someone else's court or so high in the air it could probably knock an airplane off course. In the end, the tennis instructor put on my evaluation to find another sport. Who says that to an 8 year old? *Note to self....aim for instructors head during next match* Anyway, a racketball court has four walls and a ceiling, so maybe I have a chance. He came up to me today and said I was the most dedicated girl in the gym......thanks, A.J.
    Lol at the tennis thing, you sound somewhat traumatized by that. I think racketball would be PERFECT for ya! (Just make sure you know how to duck! lol)

Ever sharted your pants at the gym while deadlifting? Yeah.... and now I cary an extra pair of shorts in my gym bag in case of sharting or ripping my shorts.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Ya'll are scaring me.

TEE. EMM. EYE.

shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Dubs

My morning shake is Chocolate protein powder, egg whites, powdered dirt (Advanced Greens Plus) which is a very strange green/brown color, and a handful of blueberries. My shake turns the lovely color of poo water......."bottoms up" takes on a whole new meaning.
    *jaw drops* My morning chocolate protein shake (Chocolate Infusion Amazing Meal) is the same color! I think of it as muddy river water. I pour 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 C water in the immersion cup, add one scoop of shake power and 1/4 C whey powder, then I use my purple stick blender so the shake isn't gritty. Yesterday my best friend suggested that I add a TB of cocoa powder to make the chocolate flavor stronger.

Shire
    Last edited by shirehobbit; 02-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    My journal - Shire's Half Century Wonder!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128158481

*TEAM AMAZON* - Sisterhood of Iron

2012 Goals
    Barbell Bench Press: 110
    Bodyweight: 125

Ya'll are scaring me.

TEE. EMM. EYE.
    Oh, come on, W......ya know we girls can get down right growdy

Originally Posted by shirehobbit View Post
    *jaw drops* My morning chocolate protein shake (Chocolate Infusion Amazing Meal) is the same color! I think of it as muddy river water. I pour 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 C water in the immersion cup, add one scoop of shake power and 1/4 C whey powder, then I use my purple stick blender so the shake isn't gritty. Yesterday my best friend suggested that I add a TB of cocoa powder to make the chocolate flavor stronger.

Shire
    Yummy, huh?!! That's why I throw mine in a blue insulated cup and hop in the car. I down it on the way to work and my blue cup hides the true nasty color

shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirehobbit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yummy, huh?!! That's why I throw mine in a blue insulated cup and hop in the car. I down it on the way to work and my blue cup hides the true nasty color
    Actually, mine tastes a lot better than it looks!
    My journal - Shire's Half Century Wonder!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128158481

*TEAM AMAZON* - Sisterhood of Iron

2012 Goals
    Barbell Bench Press: 110
    Bodyweight: 125

Ya'll are scaring me.

TEE. EMM. EYE.
    Srsly convulsing over here. Srsly. No rilly. For realz. Ow, my abz.
    My Journal

This log has become even more "misc" than mine!

This log has become even more "misc" than mine!
    Off to stalk FarmerHoss...
    My Journal

Off to stalk FarmerHoss...
    You can find me in the fields, harvesting my grains.

You can find me in the fields, harvesting my grains.
    I am beginning to think that I no longer need any abz workouts. Y'all are enough!

Now, who's building that commune?
    My Journal

I never (well, rarely) work out on Mondays, because:

1. The gym is unbelievably crowded

2. Work is just plain unbelievable every Monday and I never get out of there at a decent time. You all do this don't you (don't even try and say you don't cause I know you do)....."If I don't feel better by Monday, then I'll call the doctor." Welcome to my Mondays

The most beautiful grocery store I've ever been in just opened within walking distance from my house. New Seasons Market. It's chock full of organic, sustainable, fair-trade, eco-friendly goods and they honestly have the most amazing produce section I've ever seen. Bye Bye paycheck.

I read this article today on the negative physiological effects of a one week "cleanse" or "detox". I've always thought it was a stupid idea because if you are healthy, your body does an amazing job of detoxification all on it's own. What I thought was an interesting point in the article was the physiological reaction to a week without protein, fat, and fewer then 1000 calories a day:

First Sip Is a dump of pure fruit juice sugar (veggie-based cleanses aren't any healthier). The sugar then prompts the pancreas to produce insulin, which moves sugar - now in the form of glucose - into your cells.

After 30 minutes As your cells suck up the glucose your blood sugar level will plummet and you may feel dizzy. Meanwhile, lacking enough calories, your body is operating off its supply of glycogen, a form of short-term energy stored in the liver and muscles.

Day 2 With each shot of juice, your insulin levels skyrocket, then crash. Your glycogen stores are depleted and you feel weak and listless. The caloric deficit causes your body to draw on two long-term power sources...triglycerides, a type of energy stored in fat cells, and protein taken straight from your muscles. You begin to lose muscle mass, even if you're still working out every day.

Day 3 Your brain kicks into semi-starvation mode and uses ketones, fuel that comes from fat breakdown. Ketones work, but they're like low-grade gas and you may feel unfocused or irritable. Since the brain is also void of fresh protein infusion and lacking amino acids, you may start to feel sulky and depressed. The proteins in your shrinking muscles break down into ammonia and uric acid, unwelcome chemicals, which invade your bloodstream. Now your kidneys are trying to detox your detox. Not to mention that the juice's high carb load causes a surfeit of water to enter the intestines and all that extra water means....da runs.

Day 4 Your diarrhea may get worse, leading to dehydration.

On day 8 Cleanse Over!! I Lost Weight!! Back to Solid Food!! But, you've lost muscle and now you have less muscle mass to burn those calories; instead, the calories are more likely to be turned into fat.
    Last edited by swooshie; 02-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

2. Work is just plain unbelievable every Monday and I never get out of there at a decent time. You all do this don't you (don't even try and say you don't cause I know you do)....."If I don't feel better by Monday, then I'll call the doctor." Welcome to my Mondays
    My husband works in the ER and says Monday is the suckiest day of the week because it's so busy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)