Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Benefits of Coconut oil

Ok so i tried using the search and it only came up with a few half good threads. Could i get a better answer as to why coconut oil is good for you? I alwyas thought it was bad because it had so high saturated fats, but on reading around now it seems that they're supposedly MCTs? Could someone please explain about coconut oil? And also if coconut oil is the same as coconut milk in terms of benefits, or not? Thanks

martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Confuzzl3dOn3 View Post
    Ok so i tried using the search and it only came up with a few half good threads. Could i get a better answer as to why coconut oil is good for you? I alwyas thought it was bad because it had so high saturated fats, but on reading around now it seems that they're supposedly MCTs? Could someone please explain about coconut oil? And also if coconut oil is the same as coconut milk in terms of benefits, or not? Thanks
    To get you started, I recommend reading this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_chain_triglycerides

this

http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/mcts.html

and dropping the Rippetoe's crap.
    Last edited by martinibluex; 06-22-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wikipedia said this: Throughout the years, some studies have shown that MCT's can help in the process of excess calorie burning, weight loss. However, close to half of the calories in one's diet would have to be from the MCT's themselves. Therefore, consuming medium chain triglycerides in a regular diet may or may not be beneficial to weight loss; studies are still being conducted.[3]

but the other article said that MCTs seemed to be beneficial for weight loss. Which is right?

Also MCTs would supposedly suppress your appetite, which would be good for providiing you with energy and filling you up when on a cut so that u don't over eat. But what about for bulking, wouldn't this be partly detrimental?

Also the 2nd article said that MCT oil can cause nausea and gastric discomfort initially so to only start with very small doses (like 1/4 of a teaspoon). Does this apply to coconut and palm oils, because they're not 100% MCTs are they? Does any1 have a nutritional profile of coconut oil and milk showing how its nutrients are divided.

Besides these questions, they were a great read. Thanks martini, reps

Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have been consuming 2 heaped teaspoons for pure coconut oil a day for the past 3 months. Whilst I am also on a strict exercise and diet plan, I can confirm I am in the best shape of my life, have great energy and have great immune function. I'm down over 40 pounds since Christmas and all my lifts have improved.

Dan101
    Original board member since 1999

Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000) Holyspokes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    is this site (http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/mcts.html) the one you linked before, saying that MCTs cause the production of ketones? And that is the form of energy you get from it (as opposed to being converted to glucose?)
    ENCLAVE
    Fitness & Nutrition
    CISSN
    CSCS
    CF-L1

Cyclist, Sprinter, Foodie.

Originally Posted by Holyspokes View Post
    is this site (http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/mcts.html) the one you linked before, saying that MCTs cause the production of ketones? And that is the form of energy you get from it (as opposed to being converted to glucose?)
    Yeah.

kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bought a jar of coconut oil yesterday thinking it would be a tasty alternative to butter just to switch things up once in a while. Fail. Tastes like fatty water.

fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wait, i thought that a diet high in saturated fat is one that you would want to avoid, seeing as saturated fat combined with foods such as eggs and fish (things that are high in cholesterol) lead to high dietary cholesterol? am i incorrect here?

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dan101 View Post
    I have been consuming 2 heaped teaspoons for pure coconut oil a day for the past 3 months. Whilst I am also on a strict exercise and diet plan, I can confirm I am in the best shape of my life, have great energy and have great immune function. I'm down over 40 pounds since Christmas and all my lifts have improved.

Dan101
    must be the coconut oil
    Who do men say that I am?

kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    must be the coconut oil
    So coconut oil consumption is inversely proportional to weight? I'll keep that in mind for when it's time to cut.

martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) martinibluex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fgfan1 View Post
    wait, i thought that a diet high in saturated fat is one that you would want to avoid, seeing as saturated fat combined with foods such as eggs and fish (things that are high in cholesterol) lead to high dietary cholesterol? am i incorrect here?
    MCTs are metabolized differently from other saturated fats. And "MCTs have anti-coagulation effects, and have been shown to lower serum cholesterol in rats 11 and calves. In addition, MCTs reduce levels of cholesterol in the liver and other tissues."

fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000) fgfan1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by martinibluex View Post
    MCTs are metabolized differently from other saturated fats. And "MCTs have anti-coagulation effects, and have been shown to lower serum cholesterol in rats 11 and calves. In addition, MCTs reduce levels of cholesterol in the liver and other tissues."
    thanks, and reppped- do you what other things (asides from coconut oil/butter) that are high in MCTs?

just in case anybody was curious, i found a good site that explains the benefits of coconut oil- http://www.vegparadise.com/otherbirds96.html - you should take a glance when you get a chance

Wikipedia said this: Throughout the years, some studies have shown that MCT's can help in the process of excess calorie burning, weight loss. However, close to half of the calories in one's diet would have to be from the MCT's themselves. Therefore, consuming medium chain triglycerides in a regular diet may or may not be beneficial to weight loss; studies are still being conducted.[3]

but the other article said that MCTs seemed to be beneficial for weight loss. Which is right?

Also MCTs would supposedly suppress your appetite, which would be good for providiing you with energy and filling you up when on a cut so that u don't over eat. But what about for bulking, wouldn't this be partly detrimental?

Also the 2nd article said that MCT oil can cause nausea and gastric discomfort initially so to only start with very small doses (like 1/4 of a teaspoon). Does this apply to coconut and palm oils, because they're not 100% MCTs are they? Does any1 have a nutritional profile of coconut oil and milk showing how its nutrients are divided.

Besides these questions, they were a great read. Thanks martini, reps
    Still looking for answers guys...

man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude I've just implemented quite a large amount of coconut oil daily (organic coconut butter, but almost the same things, they're both solid at the same temprature anyway) for about 10 days or so.

I would seriously have to say I'm impressed, I've got some great stuff to say in favor of coconut oil on a ****load of different aspects so far, but I'll keep it to myself for a little longer and see how everything goes.

With no exageration meant , I really do think it does a world of good. I'm on a big calorie deficit for now, still losing fat and maintaining / slowly adding lean mass and adding this coconut oil has been great so far. To keep it short - it's a nice energy boost (as in you can feel a difference with / without it unlike many supps. even), and SOMEHOW I really feel it's been contributing to my fat loss so far, but as I said I'll be back with more after a while. I've even cut down on my training a little the past week since I've had many exams, and the coconut oil has happily made it possible for me to eat quite a lot of delicious fried food last few days (which god knows I haven't been doing since it's always hindered my progress tremendously with other oils) and even given that my daily cals from fat have doubled-tripled for the last week, and my calories for the day have also gone up 200-300 calories, I've been seeing progress in fat loss constantly, even with the lowered workout loads. If this actually keeps up for a few weeks on various different workouts and such, It'll have to be hats off for coconut oil from me to be honest. Before using this I would have slowed down progress for a couple of days if I'd have fried cheat meals on a day or two [and yes even with calories kept mostly in check], and now I've been frying potatoes and meat and whatnot daily, and with an extra 200-300 cals for the whole day than before, and it's working better for some reason
    Last edited by man0war; 06-26-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Coconut oil gives me energy like no other. I started taking it in very high amounts right off the bat and never had any problems like gas or diahrrea. I love taking a tbsp right before lifting, gives me a huge boost for sure.

also, I use it on my skin... works wonders

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't care for the taste of coconut oil, but I use it as after shave and it's far and away the best thing I've ever used.

theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theguatemalian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Coconut Oil

If you take it when you have the ****s, it'll clear your intestines right up and you'll feel worlds better, sometimes it even cures it. I make it myself takes forever though.

By benefits of coconut oil i was thinking more about the nutrional aspect of it with the MCTs and stuff, not quite as after shave or a gut flusher

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keep in mind that another reason coconut oil is heralded as some kind of super food by the alternative medicine community is because the real medical community largely condemns coconut oil for it's high saturated fat content and atherogenic propensities.

If you're a Naturopath or whatever, you don't make your money by agreeing with real doctors, you make it by painting the opposition out to be money hungry, big pharma disciples who's sole purpose in life is to make and keep people sick. It's not uncommon to hear things like "THEY don't want you eating coconut oil because that means you will be healthier".

Yeah.
    Last edited by Scott~; 06-27-2009 at 07:25 AM.

ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ahez1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah the MCT's are different from LCT's which are normally what saturated fats are comprised of. MCT's go straight to the liver to be used by the body as energy, kind of like glycogen. they dont have the predispostition to go floating around in our bloodstream and to be stored as body fat. I personally love coconut oil, i make an omelettes, baked goods and stir frys with it, you'd think it tastes weird with that stuff but i find it just enhances the flavor.

PLUS technically its the only oil you should cook with because it has such a high smoking point, and it doesnt run the risk of damaging the oil, like say olive or canola oil.

It gives me a nice energy boost when i have some in the morning, and im not hungry at all for 4-5 hours, which is great for me because normally im hungry 20 minutes after eating. Coconut oil has also been shown to speed up fat loss, and help people with slow thyroids regulate back to normal levels. Coconut oil is also great for your skin, hair nails,etc

Just try the stuff and see what you think

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could i get a better answer as to why coconut oil is good for you?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116740551
    No sir, I don't like it.

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    By benefits of coconut oil i was thinking more about the nutrional aspect of it with the MCTs and stuff, not quite as after shave or a gut flusher
    Don't be dick. Appreciate what people tell you, then take what you want from it, leave what you don't. They are sharing their experiences with coconut oil.
    Speaking of which I'm about to lift, gonna take some coconut oil to see if I go super saiyan.

Originally Posted by Scott~ View Post
    Keep in mind that another reason coconut oil is heralded as some kind of super food by the alternative medicine community is because the real medical community largely condemns coconut oil for it's high saturated fat content and atherogenic propensities.

If you're a Naturopath or whatever, you don't make your money by agreeing with real doctors, you make it by painting the opposition out to be money hungry, big pharma disciples who's sole purpose in life is to make and keep people sick. It's not uncommon to hear things like "THEY don't want you eating coconut oil because that means you will be healthier".

Yeah.
    Hmm agreed. I'll keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by ahez1991 View Post
    Yeah the MCT's are different from LCT's which are normally what saturated fats are comprised of. MCT's go straight to the liver to be used by the body as energy, kind of like glycogen. they dont have the predispostition to go floating around in our bloodstream and to be stored as body fat. I personally love coconut oil, i make an omelettes, baked goods and stir frys with it, you'd think it tastes weird with that stuff but i find it just enhances the flavor.

PLUS technically its the only oil you should cook with because it has such a high smoking point, and it doesnt run the risk of damaging the oil, like say olive or canola oil.

It gives me a nice energy boost when i have some in the morning, and im not hungry at all for 4-5 hours, which is great for me because normally im hungry 20 minutes after eating. Coconut oil has also been shown to speed up fat loss, and help people with slow thyroids regulate back to normal levels. Coconut oil is also great for your skin, hair nails,etc

Just try the stuff and see what you think
    Ok i'll try and find some next time ihit the supermarkets. Is there different types like olive oil, has virgin, extra virgin, normal? Is there different types of coconut oil? If so which 1 should u get?

Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    Don't be dick. Appreciate what people tell you, then take what you want from it, leave what you don't. They are sharing their experiences with coconut oil.
    Speaking of which I'm about to lift, gonna take some coconut oil to see if I go super saiyan.
    Sorry didn't mean to seem like an ass. I just wanted to find out how the coconut oil would help u nutritionally, rather than the other uses.

BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just got into coconut oil over the past several months and I cant believe I never did before. Energy like never before; sex drive up; awesome workouts; better skin; and Ive decreased about 4% bodyfat[noticeable] since Ive started using it without really changin anything else up from my regular diet and workout program. I also had a slight bit of fatty gyno and it has lessened and tightened up to look normal.

Ive tried several and I like this one the best by far:

http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-...32-g/7311?at=0

This stuff is freakin amazing. Its like youve just made some with fresh coconuts. It has a mild coconut smell and taste and very white. I use it for cooking, take it as a supplement with meals, and use it as a skin lotion(no homo) on hands and face.

ps. the Louann brand coconut oil sold at Walmart and other grocery stores sucks! Look for organic extra virgin coconut oil.

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been demanding real studies for over a year. I don't think anyone ever gave me one. Not once.
    I want to touch the butt.

xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500) xAlphax is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by BlueBayou View Post
    I just got into coconut oil over the past several months and I cant believe I never did before. Energy like never before; sex drive up; awesome workouts; better skin; and Ive decreased about 4% bodyfat[noticeable] since Ive started using it without really changin anything else up from my regular diet and workout program. I also had a slight bit of fatty gyno and it has lessened and tightened up to look normal.

Ive tried several and I like this one the best by far:

http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-...32-g/7311?at=0

This stuff is freakin amazing. Its like youve just made some with fresh coconuts. It has a mild coconut smell and taste and very white. I use it for cooking, take it as a supplement with meals, and use it as a skin lotion(no homo) on hands and face.

ps. the Louann brand coconut oil sold at Walmart and other grocery stores sucks! Look for organic extra virgin coconut oil.
    I was under the impression that factory direct was cheaper:
    http://nutiva.com/products/10_coconut.php

It apparently makes you strong like a lion.
    http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5223/1279510613512.jpg

GetBuff920 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Opies View Post
    Coconut oil gives me energy like no other. I started taking it in very high amounts right off the bat and never had any problems like gas or diahrrea. I love taking a tbsp right before lifting, gives me a huge boost for sure.

also, I use it on my skin... works wonders
    I usually drink sugar free redbull or low carb monster before working out. Have you tried drinking energy drinks before working out? If so, do you find that the coconut oil gives you a better energy boost or the energy drink?

In regards to using it on your skin, my gf uses coconut oil on her hair and says her hair is the best it's been.

jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The placebo effect is strong in this thread...

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Old thread but here's some science:
    Paper: http://ajpregu.physiology.org/conten....full.pdf+html
    Good Writeup of the Paper: http://lowcarb4u.blogspot.ca/2011/04...conut-oil.html
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs