BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

HORRIBLE knee pain while sleeping

Been trying to find out whats going on, but no luck, figure someone here has had the same issue. Sometimes when i'm sleeping I'll wake up and my knee is KILLING ME, My leg is always straight and its excruciating to bend my leg, but i need to to get comfortable. This happens every once and a while, its not a nightly occurance. Last night i was woken up, lying on my back with both my legs straight. My right knee felt stiff, but as soon as i went to bend my leg...OMG, nasty pain. trying to figure out whats causing this, any imput would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50) GoalsmotivateU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    could be the way you sleep. find out if it is if so elimate it and sleep on your back. youll do it if the pain is bad enough!

jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100)
    It could be a hip problem. I walked around with my hip out of place for almost a year. Every time after I was done playing sports my knee on the inside part of the knee cap would kill me. I often times had knee aches while sleeping as well. I have been going to the chiropractor for a couple of months now and the pain has eased a little. However, since my hip does not seem to want to stay in place the pain comes back every time my hip slides back out of place. I'd go and get your alignment checked out, that could be what is causing the pain.

LcplBarnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knee pain

My knee has the same problem. I went to a Doc and he told me so far that they think its Patellal Tendonitus. (pardon my spelling im not that great) You kind of sound like you have a similar set of symptoms especially if it is only occasionally. Try taking a heavy duty antienflamitory like naproxen or an 800mg ibprofen.

BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BoostBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LcplBarnes View Post
    My knee has the same problem. I went to a Doc and he told me so far that they think its Patellal Tendonitus. (pardon my spelling im not that great) You kind of sound like you have a similar set of symptoms especially if it is only occasionally. Try taking a heavy duty antienflamitory like naproxen or an 800mg ibprofen.
    Yea im hoping its nothing serious. My boy told me he thought i had a damaged miniscus. I pray thats not it, I think ima go get it checked out and see what doc has to say.

pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000) pntbll687 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is the pain in the knee, or on the outside?

Originally Posted by pntbll687 View Post
    Is the pain in the knee, or on the outside?
    In the knee, deep, like in the center

kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000) kevinus99 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LcplBarnes View Post

The antinflamatories are great for miscellaneous pains, i had my doc prescribe me Naproxen for my shoulder and it worked wonders. As a side note the active ingredient in Aleve is Naproxen. As with all meds, stay within recommended dosage.
    Don't struggle just lift!

You must learn to Love Leg Day!!!

bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigbuff420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could be Chondromalacia, I used to have bad knee pain when I woke up in the morning. I had knee pain at night and alot more during the day- it was due to chondromalacia, torn meniscus, and an unstable patella.

EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had the exact same symptoms. Turned out I had torn my miniscus and I was bleeding into the joint. When I was sleeping the blood simply pooled their resulting in a lot of pressure and extreme stiffness when I got up.

Is your knee warmer than the rest of your body? And Is there a dark discoloration?

Originally Posted by EDC View Post
    I had the exact same symptoms. Turned out I had torn my miniscus and I was bleeding into the joint. When I was sleeping the blood simply pooled their resulting in a lot of pressure and extreme stiffness when I got up.

Is your knee warmer than the rest of your body? And Is there a dark discoloration?
    I hope not, there is no darkness or discoloration, and it doesn't feel warmer...

EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EDC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Matheoperez View Post
    I hope not, there is no darkness or discoloration, and it doesn't feel warmer...
    thats goos news. still, see a doctor

endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) endarwin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is your knee locking almost bro?

Originally Posted by endarwin View Post
    is your knee locking almost bro?
    Yea, and it happened again this morning, it fawking woke me up when i moved =/

rgraves has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Matheoperez View Post
    Yea, and it happened again this morning, it fawking woke me up when i moved =/
    I have had this EXACT same thing for a long time now. It kind of comes and goes...maybe once every couple of weeks...but it wakes me the F up, and then burns like a mofo until I move my leg back and forth a bit, which hurts a lot. Then the pain usually goes away.

But it also seems to be effecting me in other ways. Like sometimes it even happens when i am awake and sit down for a long period. Also, my knee pops in and out while doing certain exercises, like leg press or extensions.

I went to my doc, and he basically said don't worry about it. But my doctor is a moron IMO.

Let me know if you find out anything...

Andy02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One solution for knee pain that has been very effective for many people is taking a supplement. Supplements that contain glucosamine, chondroitin or other such substances can actually help the body rebuild lost cartilage and also helps to reduce further loss. Most supplements have been found to be very safe and effective for joint pain.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I get knee pain like that once in a while. I sleep with a pillow between my knees on my side. I elevate the knee that hurts and the pillow takes the weight off it.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

gordon55y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this thread is more than a year old, but your knee pain is
    exactly the same as mine.
    Did you find out what is causing this?
    Mine typically wakes me up when sleeping on my back with legs straight.
    It is very painful to flex, but after about 4 flexes, it is OK.
    The pain is mainly from the center of the knee.

thanks,
    gordon

Originally Posted by BoostBrah View Post
    Been trying to find out whats going on, but no luck, figure someone here has had the same issue. Sometimes when i'm sleeping I'll wake up and my knee is KILLING ME, My leg is always straight and its excruciating to bend my leg, but i need to to get comfortable. This happens every once and a while, its not a nightly occurance. Last night i was woken up, lying on my back with both my legs straight. My right knee felt stiff, but as soon as i went to bend my leg...OMG, nasty pain. trying to figure out whats causing this, any imput would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Nagendra32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BoostBrah View Post
    Hello ! My self is a dentist. Me too had this horrible pain last night .No sign of inflammation,or injury is there. I searched a lot on internet I find people suffering from same problem, but no explanation. Then I suspect toward its psychogenic origin. It look like Panic attack, a psychological disease. Do you having any depression history ? You may consult psychiatrist.

Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Greu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the exact same problem... My doctor prescribed me some Naproxen, gotta take 1g a day in two sittings.
    The bard part with me is that the pain comes and goes, and when it comes, my legs can't be trained at all so that sucks.

allooshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nagendra32 View Post
    Hello ! My self is a dentist. Me too had this horrible pain last night .No sign of inflammation,or injury is there. I searched a lot on internet I find people suffering from same problem, but no explanation. Then I suspect toward its psychogenic origin. It look like Panic attack, a psychological disease. Do you having any depression history ? You may consult psychiatrist.
    Hi,
    I have same problem, had no luck to get rid of it.
    It comes and goes, and the best way so far to get rid of it is to flex my leg, it hurts, but eventually the pain goes away.

@Nagendra32, did you find a connection with a psychological disease?
    @BoostBrah, did you manage to get rid of the pain?

appreciate your feedback!

thanks

guileapp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,

I am having the same problem. I know this thread is old but I would like to ask if anyone has managed to get rid of the pain. Thank you!

Originally Posted by EDC View Post

How did you figure out you had a torn meniscus? What did you do to heal it? I had an MRI (about a year ago) which showed nothing but I'm still dealing with knee pain everyday and waking me up at night

Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Heaviside will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by guileapp View Post
    How did you figure out you had a torn meniscus? What did you do to heal it? I had an MRI (about a year ago) which showed nothing but I'm still dealing with knee pain everyday and waking me up at night
    There are some diagnostic movement-based tests that you can do (search online) that predict if it is the meniscus. An MRI doesn't always show a tear, especially if it's a small tear. The good news is that if it is small and in a location with good blood flow, it can heal slowly. If it's large or in a low blood flow area, you either have to live with it or get surgery.

Source: meniscus tear playing soccer in Oct. 2014, surgery for it in Feb. 2015.

Originally Posted by Heaviside View Post
    There are some diagnostic movement-based tests that you can do (search online) that predict if it is the meniscus. An MRI doesn't always show a tear, especially if it's a small tear. The good news is that if it is small and in a location with good blood flow, it can heal slowly. If it's large or in a low blood flow area, you either have to live with it or get surgery.

Source: meniscus tear playing soccer in Oct. 2014, surgery for it in Feb. 2015.
    Thanks for the reply. I went through PT for 6 weeks in 2014 and they did movement based tests and did not find anything..told me they think it is tendinitis. MRI showed nothing was wrong either. I was doing some massage for tendinitis and there is tenderness on my injured knee in patella than on my good one. After massaging last night I did feel less pain, so I'm pretty sure I have a bad case of tendinitis.

Registered User kellialexfae197's Avatar
    kellialexfae197 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Knee pain

Hi i know this thread is old but i was wondering if anyone found out anything. If i sleep on my left side with my left knee bent i wake up to the most severe pain on the inside of my knee. Doesnt happen when i sleep on my right side with knees bent. I cant move cause it feels like someone is stabbing me in the side of my knee. Please anyone have this happen to them.

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Any problems walking, running, squatting etc.? Any instability?

winjulie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Outrageous Knee Pain at Night, and sometimes kneecap shifts with pain during the day

If I sleep with my legs straight, my right knee will ache and when I shift to sleep on my side, I can't because the pain in my knee is so bad, it feels like a terrible stretch and that something will tear. If I walk around at night a bit, it loosens my knee and then I can bend it. It's only my right knee. Two doctors, x-rays and an MRI - only showing slight arthritis. I can't work out like I used to. I've tried RICE but it hasn't helped. I'm getting older and fatter. If I sleep with my knees bent in the sir, and the shift to sleep on my side, things are much better. What is this?

winjulie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Outrageous Knee Pain at Night, and sometimes kneecap shifts with pain during the day

If I sleep with my legs straight, my right knee will ache and when I shift to sleep on my side, I can't because the pain in my knee is so bad, it feels like a terrible stretch and that something will tear. If I walk around at night a bit, it loosens my knee and then I can bend it. It's only my right knee. Two doctors, x-rays and an MRI - only showing slight arthritis. I can't work out like I used to. I've tried RICE but it hasn't helped. I'm getting older and fatter. If I sleep with my knees bent in the sir, and the shift to sleep on my side, things are much better. What is this?