Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by endpoint View Post
    Do you think its possible for any 105kg plus male to squat over 300kgs-350kgs raw training the way that you do?

Or is pat a freak

Any?

300 is a weight any super can do if they train the correct way, starting at the right age. 400 is a different story, but 300 is for certain.

Pat has talent, but there are others. They just don't know it because they never train hard enough to find out.

BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000) BrozKnows is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by someonefat View Post
    How would you build to squatting everyday? I'm squatting 4x a week right now, and doing oly lifting movements 3x a week-not oly lifter but benefit from the explosive training- I would like to squat everyday as leg strength and power is most important to me. Could I just start squatting everyday since I'm semi used to the high volume right now? Or would there be a smarter way to get to that point.
    jump in with both feet! You don't necessarily have to go max every session, but doing them daily - even up to 80% or so just to get used to the work is a good start. You will see that you will adapt faster than you realize. Squatting will be just like walking. Progress the weights to max as soon as you realize that squatting daily is a joke.

kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100) kurtbbbb is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi, just wanted to say thanks for all this, you have opened my eyes up to alot of new things!

1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kurtbbbb View Post
    Hi, just wanted to say thanks for all this, you have opened my eyes up to alot of new things!
    This.

You've mentioned powerlifters before - I've had problems with "over benching" before and the way it makes my shoulders hurt - overhead work generally fixes it (the top of the press works my rotators better than any "rotator" work) - could you see any benefit or detriment to alternating press and benches (I think you prefer push presses).

Similarly, Front Squats do seem to work a lot of Pulling muscles (mid back and quads for the start of the pull) - would you add them as a BS alternate (every 3rd workout maybe ?)

metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50) metal-head- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1369phil View Post
    This.

You've mentioned powerlifters before - I've had problems with "over benching" before and the way it makes my shoulders hurt - overhead work generally fixes it (the top of the press works my rotators better than any "rotator" work) - could you see any benefit or detriment to alternating press and benches (I think you prefer push presses).

Similarly, Front Squats do seem to work a lot of Pulling muscles (mid back and quads for the start of the pull) - would you add them as a BS alternate (every 3rd workout maybe ?)
    He did recommend benching twice a week and close grip benching on the middle day. I wouldn't think cg would have the same impact on your shoulders as normal so it might help with that. I guess try it and see if it works. I'm going to give this a go

Monday - Max squats, Max bench
    Tuesday - Max squats, Max Deadlift
    Wed - Max squats, Max CG bench
    Thurs - Max squats, Deadlift (70-85%, as long as there's gas left in the tank)
    Friday - Max squats, Max bench
    Sat - Max squats, Deadlift (70-85%)
    Sun - Rest

1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1369phil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by metal-head- View Post
    He did recommend benching twice a week and close grip benching on the middle day. I wouldn't think cg would have the same impact on your shoulders as normal so it might help with that. I guess try it and see if it works. I'm going to give this a go

Monday - Max squats, Max bench
    Tuesday - Max squats, Max Deadlift
    Wed - Max squats, Max CG bench
    Thurs - Max squats, Deadlift (70-85%, as long as there's gas left in the tank)
    Friday - Max squats, Max bench
    Sat - Max squats, Deadlift (70-85%)
    Sun - Rest

I think I'd like some Front Squats in there on Wednesday and Saturday, maybe ?

I also think that because the Powerlifts are nowhere near as technical as the Olympic lifts then you could change a BS for a FS without losing too much.

I've been reading Brian Siders routine - he does a load of variety of exercises - but it's 7 days a week for him and big big volume

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    could you see any benefit or detriment to alternating press and benches (I think you prefer push presses).
    There is a huge benefit in doing both presses with a 50/50 ratio... RC injury prevention

Doing different presses diminish the chance of developing a muscle imbalance in the shoulder which is the #1 cause of RC injury.

Olympic lifters possibly don't have that problem I suppose because they don't bench press and the bench press being usually performed with heavy weight and all it's possible issues with form, elbows position, ROM etc.. it's a killer for the RC

But that's just my theory I don't know , maybe olympic lifters have the same issues with rotator cuff from doing push presses ?!?
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blenderate is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BrozKnows View Post
    day 1,2,3,4,5,6: squat to max (best weight at perfect competiotion technique) + back off sets of minimum 3x2, upto max of 50 reps. going back upto max or beyond if the weights start to feel light enough

day 1,3,5 bench press to max (2 wide,1 close grip)+ back off sets (quantity will need some experiment because I have not tried with bench in over 10 yrs)

day 2,4,6 deadlift 2-3 x 10 sets all from floor. vary % based on positions and back health

If you are gonna train 4x/wk then day 5&6 will be in the next week.

any assistance rehab/bodybuilding such as pullups, dumbell flyes etc should follow at the end as well as grip work based on how you feel. These are optional and should be done at discresion

Most importantly- speed is ALWAYS the priority! When squatting and pulling getting up fast is soooo important, as well as the bench. Doing the press quickly to generate power is key too. going slow with light weights is a big NO NO!!
    I've long believed that there is no volume of squatting that will lead to overtraining, and it's cool to see such confirmation from a successful coach.

How would you split up the above powerlifting template for somebody who can train twice per day? I was thinking of doing squats every morning, and then bench, dead, and assistance in the evening. Or would you do everything in the morning session and then repeat in the evening session, but switch the exercise order around? Perhaps even do work with bands/chains in one session and then straight weight in the next.
    My workout log as I progress towards a world-class raw powerlifting total:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118490371

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Coach Broz, as it pertains to powerlifting -- what are your thoughts on the Westside Barbell method? For the powerlifter who chooses to train using the methods, what suggestions & improvements would you make to the programming?

Originally Posted by Blenderate View Post
    I've long believed that there is no volume of squatting that will lead to overtraining, and it's cool to see such confirmation from a successful coach.

How would you split up the above powerlifting template for somebody who can train twice per day? I was thinking of doing squats every morning, and then bench, dead, and assistance in the evening. Or would you do everything in the morning session and then repeat in the evening session, but switch the exercise order around? Perhaps even do work with bands/chains in one session and then straight weight in the next.
    Wow - these are the noly 2 threads I look at on BB.com - Blenderate's log and this one.

This.

The shoulder is a very complex joint and requires balance between all 3 heads. If you are benching often, you must train your rear delts. pullups, bench grip bent over row (exact opposite movement as bench) and rear dumbell flyes all help keep the balance needed for good shoulder health.

Push presses use more side and rear delts at the top so it helps take some load off the front but specifically training the rear will be the most beneficial.

FS are great. I would do them at min 2x/wk (if you are squatting daily). IF not, then every 3rd W/O is good place to start.

I think I'd like some Front Squats in there on Wednesday and Saturday, maybe ?
    WED and FRI look best because you are following with Bench not DL. FS tire the back and will limit the DL because your upper back will begin to round early from fatigue.

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    Olympic lifters possibly don't have that problem I suppose because they don't bench press and the bench press being usually performed with heavy weight and all it's possible issues with form, elbows position, ROM etc.. it's a killer for the RC

But that's just my theory I don't know , maybe olympic lifters have the same issues with rotator cuff from doing push presses ?!?
    Fortunately we usually don't have rotator issues. However, every time you raise your hand the rotator rubs against the chromium bone. When you continue to do overhead lifts for decades this can eventually cause a bone spur. if this spur develops it could possibly tear the rotator. Once the spur is ground down, then it's back to normal the next day.

Originally Posted by Blenderate View Post

Initially I would do 2 exercises in the morning (squats and bench) and eventually progress to complete workouts 2x/day

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    broz you must being doing a lot of typing both here and FI right now!!!

Originally Posted by ShutUpAndSquat View Post
    Coach Broz, as it pertains to powerlifting -- what are your thoughts on the Westside Barbell method? For the powerlifter who chooses to train using the methods, what suggestions & improvements would you make to the programming?
    I grew up in Ohio and I was coached by John Black and Vince Anello @ Black's Health World. I learned much about Powerlifting from those animals. Even with this background I won't make the same claims as Louie Simmons. He claims to be able to train a lifter for OLifts to be a World Champion. I don't spend enough time with the bench or use any gear to be able to be a competitive PL coach so I will leave Powerlifting coaching to him. He has been very successful with his approach and I have not studied it in any type of depth to see holes/flaws that I would change.

If you are curious to see if it works, then I suggest reading all you can about his philosophy, ask his students and if it jives with your logic jump on board 100% and see where it takes you. The only way to succeed is to have a good coach that you trust and follow blindly to the end. There are times, regardless of how intelligent you are that simply won't make sense until years later. Usually by that time you have changed direction too many times and wasted it. Research, choose one school of thought and don't look back.

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    broz you must being doing a lot of typing both here and FI right now!!!
    This thread is so much more pleasant though. I guess my destiny was not to be a great lifter, but to open peoples eyes to see how great they can be.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    This thread is so much more pleasant though. I guess my destiny was not to be a great lifter, but to open peoples eyes to see how great they can be.
    i just like to learn and read everything...

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fortunately we usually don't have rotator issues. However, every time you raise your hand the rotator rubs against the chromium bone. When you continue to do overhead lifts for decades this can eventually cause a bone spur. if this spur develops it could possibly tear the rotator. Once the spur is ground down, then it's back to normal the next day.
    Thanks... that's what I thought but I didn't know about the bone growth (very interesting)
    I remember listening to one of the chinese coaches speaking about injuries and lower back and elbows seems to be the most common with their athletes.

Thanks... that's what I thought but I didn't know about the bone growth (very interesting)
    I remember listening to one of the chinese coaches speaking about injuries and lower back and elbows seems to be the most common with their athletes.
    IMO, elbow injuries are from bad technique. Back issues are always gonna happen as with knee, shoulder, wrist, ankle, etc.

I tell the story of the "FLOATING PAIN" every night when you go to sleep it wanders around the body and when you wake up something will hurt. It can be the same thing or something new. I would make bets with myself before I went to sleep to see where it would manifest the next morning. If nothing hurt then I died in my sleep.

endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000) endpoint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    John, sent you a personal message, I hope you can respond

Would a powerlifting template look something like this :

Day 1
    Front Squats to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2.
    Bench Normal Grip - to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2.
    Pull Ups - discretion - for shoulder girdle health, so reps between 5-10

Day 2
    Squats to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2.
    Deads Doubles or triples for speed, 60 -85% of max (depending on back health)

Day 3
    Front Squats to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2.
    Bench Close Grip - to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2.
    Rows Barbell or Dumbell (depending on back health) - discretion - for shoulder girdle health, so reps between 5-10

Day 4
    Squats - to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2
    Deads - Doubles or triples for speed, 60 - 85% of max (depending on back health)

Day 5
    Squats - to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2
    Bench - Normal Grip - to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2.
    Rear Flyes - discretion - for shoulder girdle health, so reps between 5-10

Day 6
    Squats - to max single, then back off sets of between 2 - 10 reps up to a max of 50 reps total with a minimum of 3 sets of 2.
    Deads - Doubles or triples for speed, 60 - 85% of max (depending on back health)

The subject of assistance "gear" must come in - I compete in raw competition (belt and wrist wraps only) - I think I would be tempted to avoid the use of either - or perhaps just on one day a week (Day 5 ?) - your guys seem to have developed well without them.

I would make bets with myself before I went to sleep to see where it would manifest the next morning. If nothing hurt then I died in my sleep.
    LOL... that's funny
    I am pretty predictable , it's my tennis/golfers elbow, actually it was ! as now I am pain free after several months !!
    and my right knee just started bugging me after I hit it with the bar doing rows
    now I have patellar tendinitis.. at least that's my guess.
    But like you say.. the day I wake up totally pain free I'd probably be dead
    (or overmedicated)

I don't know how you find the time but thanks for taking the time to respond , I am learning a lot from this thread..

PS
    I'll be in vegas in march perhaps I'll drop in and say hi if I have time, I am only there 1-1/2 days for work

southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    PS
    I'll be in vegas in march perhaps I'll drop in and say hi if I have time, I am only there 1-1/2 days for work
    if i was in vegas that would be the first thing i did lol.
    'lifting is an iron brotherhood of warriors going into battle against the all powerful gravity, spilling their blood, waging war and laughing in the face of mortals' . F*ck off mate, you work in human resources, you're not a viking.

Originally Posted by southbankwulf View Post
    if i was in vegas that would be the first thing i did lol.
    That's the plan

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    IMO, elbow injuries are from bad technique. Back issues are always gonna happen as with knee, shoulder, wrist, ankle, etc.

I tell the story of the "FLOATING PAIN" every night when you go to sleep it wanders around the body and when you wake up something will hurt. It can be the same thing or something new. I would make bets with myself before I went to sleep to see where it would manifest the next morning. If nothing hurt then I died in my sleep.
    you think vanev had bad technique?
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guy, how are you.

What do you think of Hossein Rezazedeh 263kg clean and jerk and do you think that Saied Ali-Hosseini can break his record some day, he claims to maket a 250kg clean and jerk in training (and 245kg in competition).

Thanks for your thoughts, I love reading your thread.

a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) a793653d has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Another question, what are your thoughts on the Russian Squat Program

exrx.net / WeightTraining / RussianSquatProgramGenerator.html

I personally think it's great, it always works for me

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    you think vanev had bad technique?
    Well his jerk grip certainly moved closer after the elbow dislocations.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000) Neuro_Doc is just really nice. (+1000)
    HAHA!

Guys, LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

I used to compete for East Coast Gold about 10 years ago. At the time Mr. Broz used to post a bit on GoHeavy.com about his training with Krastev, etc. As I remember people used to give him crap about it there, telling him all the reasons why we "couldn't" train this way, blah blah, blah. (Some things never change, eh?) I used to save these posts and used them to put together a program that is basically the same as what he is outlining here. I figured second hand info from Krastev was better than the crap my "coach" was wasting our time with, so I dove right in.

I squatted 6x a week, Snatch or Clean 6x a week (alternated them weekly). Worked up to a daily max, and did a few sets of triples as a back off. I worked 4 10's a week on my feet, and took Sundays off. I was not using any anabolics.

As a 105kg 20 year old my lifts went from:
    105kg SN - 142.5kg
    140kg CL - 175kg
    220kg BS - 272.5kg (not a true max, could handle 230 any day)
    170kg FS - 220kg (not a true max)

Most of these gains came fairly quickly. As soon as I started hammering max singles its like I hit on "untapped potential" I didn't realize was there at the time.

I had a platform in my back yard, and trained this way for about a year and a half. I survived quite well thank you very much.

Yep. What he's telling you is the truth.

I am getting back into powerlifting right now. I looked up his name to see if I could recover any of those old posts, because I NEVER FELT AS GOOD AS I DID WHEN I WAS TRAINING THAT WAY. Finding out he has a club and people are finally starting to take notice is a pleasant surprise.

It's amazing people take so long to learn.

Good on you John Broz. And THANK YOU for continuing to share so openly with everyone, even a decade later!