Thread: Paleo vs Keto

mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Paleo vs Keto

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with paleo eating and fat loss? I don't function too well in ketosis and with the amount of cardio i have to do for my job i just get too burned out. My issue is it seems grains and refined carbs make me pile on the fat as well as giving me other problems like rashes, dry throat and eyes, acne, sinus problems etc etc. Paleo seems to make a lot of sense in that it's essentially the diet we're supposed to eat as humans. It's not strictly low carb but the carbs you do get are from fruit and veg. So it's basically meat, fish, eggs, nuts and fruit and veg. Kinda like keto but not really a limit on carbs as long as they're not from grains etc.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mrjoshua88 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with paleo eating and fat loss? I don't function too well in ketosis and with the amount of cardio i have to do for my job i just get too burned out. My issue is it seems grains and refined carbs make me pile on the fat as well as giving me other problems like rashes, dry throat and eyes, acne, sinus problems etc etc. Paleo seems to make a lot of sense in that it's essentially the diet we're supposed to eat as humans. It's not strictly low carb but the carbs you do get are from fruit and veg. So it's basically meat, fish, eggs, nuts and fruit and veg. Kinda like keto but not really a limit on carbs as long as they're not from grains etc.
    If you want to lose weight, eat less. You don't need a special diet with a fancy name and doctrine buddy. You wont lose any more weight on Paleo than you will on regular food if you're not in more of a deficit.

mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrjoshua88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by On Fire View Post
    If you want to lose weight, eat less. You don't need a special diet with a fancy name and doctrine buddy. You wont lose any more weight on Paleo than you will on regular food if you're not in more of a deficit.
    That's a given but i'm not one of these people that believe all calories are equal, i know personally carbs don't agree with me and you can't simply ignore the different thermic effect of different foods on the metabolism etc, hence why some diets are better than others for fat loss and muscle preservation, of course all diets take a calorie deficit into account.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's a given but i'm not one of these people that believe all calories are equal, i know personally carbs don't agree with me and you can't simply ignore the different thermic effect of different foods on the metabolism etc, hence why some diets are better than others for fat loss and muscle preservation, of course all diets take a calorie deficit into account.
    Sounds like you answered your question, since you said Carbs don't agree with you; a Keto diet.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

But like i said i don't function well in keto and as i'm in the army i get way too burnt out with no carbs. Hence why i asked if paleo is a decent way of eating long term. I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with grains and dairy for me.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But like i said i don't function well in keto and as i'm in the army i get way too burnt out with no carbs. Hence why i asked if paleo is a decent way of eating long term. I'm pretty sure it's just an issue with grains and dairy for me.
    So I guess keto should not have been one of your options than.
    FEED THE MUSCLE, BURN THE FAT!

It wasn't i was asking if anyone had any experience with paleo eating and asked in this forum because it is similar to keto.

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how long were you in Ketosis when you tried it?

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batmanrulz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^^^ is right..... you need to give it 2 to 3 weeks before you start feeling "normal" again...i went through this and due to this have failed at keto 3 times before..... and this time i commited myself for the 1st month and then it is kinda easy .......
    Goal : 155 pounds.

Starting Weight : 220 pounds.

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    another factor may be your caloric intake. Maybe your under eating, a lot of people under eat on keto.

YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheLINN View Post
    another factor may be your caloric intake. Maybe your under eating, a lot of people under eat on keto.
    (new to keto) 500 less cals a day is a no-go for keto?

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by YeBro View Post
    That's fine. You still need to remain in calorie deficit if you want to lose weight, or else your weight loss stops after the water disappears.

Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Velocity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man! Check out Mark's Daily Apple for some good info on a 'paleo-style' eating. I think you're definately on the right track! I personally have been grain and dairy free for some time now and I feel a lot better. I got a lot of my starting information from Mark's blog and the forums there. Good luck!

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by YeBro View Post
    you always have to be in some sort of caloric deficit to lose weight, and i do recommend starting at 500 cals. It just seems that people in general have no real idea of their total energy expenditure.

YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by On Fire View Post
    That's fine. You still need to remain in calorie deficit if you want to lose weight, or else your weight loss stops after the water disappears.
    Originally Posted by TheLINN View Post
    you always have to be in some sort of caloric deficit to lose weight, and i do recommend starting at 500 cals. It just seems that people in general have no real idea of their total energy expenditure.
    Perfect thanks guys. Just doing my research into Keto