Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Anti-depressants and motivation

I've recently started taking Welbutrin and I'm pleased with the results that it's given me mentally. However, since I've started taking it, I've had ZERO motivation to work out. It's like I hit a wall. I find myself making excuses not to go and even when I do go, my workouts seem very lackluster.

I've also been a little under the weather lately but not enough to make me feel like this. I'm not asking for pity or a kick in the ass. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this when taking anti-depressants. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable talking about it in the open forum.

Thanks!

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Originally Posted by Supfreak26 View Post
    I've recently started taking Welbutrin and I'm pleased with the results that it's given me mentally. However, since I've started taking it, I've had ZERO motivation to work out. It's like I hit a wall. I find myself making excuses not to go and even when I do go, my workouts seem very lackluster.

I've also been a little under the weather lately but not enough to make me feel like this. I'm not asking for pity or a kick in the ass. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this when taking anti-depressants. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable talking about it in the open forum.

Thanks!
    I have never taken them but my ex took them for years and she had the same problem but it went away after a few months and she was able to resume training with intensity (she competed as a bb.er for three yrs before the meds and never placed.......5 or 6 months after starting the meds she placed from that point on).

I remember her saying "the med helps me focus on what matters and helps me to keep all the "little chit" that does not matter out of the way". "YOU" just have to decide what the really matters and what does not.......

You can still train the way you need to you will just have to dig a little deeper thats all.

When anyone first starts Anit-depressants "usually" the meds will take the edge off of everything....(thats what they are for).......including training........

Over time you will "level out" and will find the intensity you once had.....

Thats all I know about them based on what I seen and was told.......

good luck!!

AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndroShock has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There has always been an adjustment period when I started a new anti-depression/anxiety med. If the sides do not get better and are not worth the benefits they can switch you to another one. I have had to do this until they found one that worked the best for me. However, I haven't had to use these types of meds for over a year now.
    Expect Nothing
    Never Be Disappointed

Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Supfreak26 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you for the replies. I was hoping it was a side-effect and not just me. It's wierd. My mind is gung-ho and ready to go. But when it comes down to it, I'm just like "meh". I'm having to push myself hard just to finish each exercise and move on to the next one. My gains have gone nowhere and sometimes backwards. It's killing me.

I'm not having any other problems and I feel like these meds are really helping so I'll stick with them and see what happens after a few months. I've only been on them less than a month so I'm still adjusting. It's gotten a lot better since the first week so hopefully that trend will continue.

I'll keep plugging away at the gym. Not gonna let this stop me.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It might not be the meds, it could very well be diet or any number of things.

Set yourself an easy goal this week of say just getting in there and lifting without any pressure to hit any numbers, just enjoy the lifting for the manly sport that it is.

I get this feeling quite often becuase I expect so much out of myself and when I am tired and dont fel like doing it, i question everything in my life.

My diet, my training, my job, my relationships, everything.

i bet you have been working out hard lately and putting all sorts of pressure on yourself to hit a certain lift.

Just go in there and enjoy it for what it is. You will feel so much better.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50) white_light will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont jump down my throat guys, im just specualting, but perhaps the meds reduce/alter hormones...i am very interested in this topic because for a very long time ive thought about getting a script but im a natty bodybulder and would rather feel depressed and suffer from severe anxiety by myself in my own little paranoid anxiety ridden mind than lose the only thing that matters to me anymore...reps whenever im on for answers/serious replys...(no thread jack lol)

nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000) nsxmatt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So you're saying you workout better when you were depressed?

I know I have better outlook and go to the gym with a better attitude being on Paxil.

Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nodeal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nsxmatt View Post

I know I have better outlook and go to the gym with a better attitude being on Paxil.
    Same here with Zoloft.

Originally Posted by nsxmatt View Post
    So you're saying you workout better when you were depressed?

Before I started my meds, I was stressed out and suffering from severe anxiety. I had frequent thoughts of suicide, violence, etc. I've been in and out of depression since I was 19 and I was just tired of fighting it alone. Despite all of that, when I wasn't depressed, I was highly motivated in everything I did including working out. I had lots of energy and really got into it.

Since I started my meds, I'm no longer anxious. No thoughts of suicide or violence. No depression. However, I'm just kind of bleh. Nothing. It's getting better and I'm starting to feel more like myself minus the bad stuff. But my motivation to get in the gym and bust my ass when I'm in the gym is waaay down.

I'm taking a week or so off right now. That has helped in the past. I'll get burned out and so I'll take a week or two off and then you can't keep me out of the gym after that. Hopefully, in that time I can continue to adjust to the meds.

Honestly, my mental and emotional well-being are much more important right now than my physical being. I won't stay away too long, though. I'll miss it too much!

Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kursac will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks!
    I was put on Welbutrin to increase my energy level & improve my mood. I do seem to be more motivated. I shut the computer off a lot more too, it is a time hog. My workouts have been fine but I also workout in my home 1st thing in the morning.

Rob1W has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone is different but I did find when i first went on antidepressants i mellowed right out! Probably a little too much, but over time my motivation returned and most of the side effects stopped. But yeah, maybe having some time off the gym is probably healthy (both physically and mentally). Personally i wouldn't worry at this point, just see how you go and if gym laziness persists, see your doctor!

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    Lack of motivation is a clear symptom of the depression for which you are taking the medication. If it was an agitated depression rather than true anxiety (or else you should be taking something for anxiety instead), then there is a chance that as the depression starts to resolve, the agitation is clearing up first leaving you feeling more of the depressive symptoms, but if the drug truly works for you, eventually the lack of motivation will also clear up. But I would definitely not view it as a side effect of the medication. It's much more likely a sign of your underlying disease, depression, that was perhaps masked before.
    Overweight and arrogant

htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in the process of weaning off myself, but I found that alot my self. I have been more motivated as I started decreasing the dosage, of couse this was under my Dr's recomendation.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had a lot of the same sypmtoms that you describe when I started taking Remeron 5 years ago. It took months before I stopped feeling "flat". I lifted through it, but was not as motivated. Eventually I got through that and found my edge again. It took a while.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50) DocOH will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks!

I was on Lexapro for awhile and had the same problem w/ motivation for anything. It took about 1 to 2 months before things "evened out" and I felt quasi-normal again. I was perfectly content sitting on the couch doing nothing. This affected everything from exercise, house chores, and just getting out of the house. It totally killed my sex drive too which was an unwelcomed side effect.. The meds worked, got me through a rough patch, and I'm glad to be off of them. Just give it time for the meds to build up and plane out.