Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much protein can the body process at a time?

I heard it was around 30g, then heard that it was all broscience and doesn't matter. I usually have two protein shakes a day - two scoops in each one, which brings it to about 50g a shake. Is it better to instead be having four with 25g protein in each, spaced out through the day a bit more?

I've made muscle gains but also put on a bit of fat despite eating well and not being that far over maintenance, and now I'm starting to think it's because I'm getting 50g protein a shake, and only 30g of that is actually doing anything whilst the other 20g gets....stored as fat or something?

Really confused about this, heard conflicting things, so if someone could clear it up I'd be grateful.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whatever amount you consume is the amount that will be "processed." It's shocking, but true. Yes, a human can eat chicken, steak or even fish and actually utilize the protein contained therein.

And if you decide to consume 50 grams of protein from processed fast food (and that's what a protein shake is), then your body will unitize that too.

P.S. You may have heard that the earth is flat. That's not true either.

Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dume has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone want to respond without a needlessly patronising attitude?

0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0kz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dume View Post
    he means that

1. shakes aren't better than any other source of protein
    2. you can consume more than 30g of proteins per sitting, you could even eat all your calories in 1 big meal and there would be no problem.
    3. you might be anoyed by his answer but hes just right and probably more annoyed than you since the same topic was answered like less than 1 hour ago..
    bulking !

Originally Posted by 0kz View Post
    he means that

1. shakes aren't better than any other source of protein
    2. you can consume more than 30g of proteins per sitting, you could even eat all your calories in 1 big meal and there would be no problem.
    3. you might be anoyed by his answer but hes just right and probably more annoyed than you since the same topic was answered like less than 1 hour ago..
    I know what he meant, just the attitude was completely unnecessary and I'm sick of so many people acting like complete douches on here. It's like people are incapable of replying nicely and like to try and belittle others. For some reason it seems to be common practice here.

Also didn't comment on whether consuming a lot at one time has any effect on fat gains.

chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000) chevro1et is just really nice. (+1000)
    The body is a very efficient system and will process any and all protein that is consumed. If you are really concerned about how much protein you can eat at once, read this:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

Regarding fat gains, the amount of any single macro has no effect. Total calories consumed vs total calories burned (law of thermodynamics) is the bottom line for weight gain or loss.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I heard it was around 30g, then heard that it was all broscience and doesn't matter. I usually have two protein shakes a day - two scoops in each one, which brings it to about 50g a shake. Is it better to instead be having four with 25g protein in each, spaced out through the day a bit more?

I've made muscle gains but also put on a bit of fat despite eating well and not being that far over maintenance, and now I'm starting to think it's because I'm getting 50g protein a shake, and only 30g of that is actually doing anything whilst the other 20g gets....stored as fat or something?

Really confused about this, heard conflicting things, so if someone could clear it up I'd be grateful.
    A 50 gram shake will not be wasted, total daily nutrition drives weight gain, if you are gaining too much fat for your taste you can reduce calories and gain slower. Some fat gain must be accepted with muscle gain. How much is tolerable is up to you.

Have you a daily macro total? What are you doing right now for total nutrition?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know what he meant, just the attitude was completely unnecessary and I'm sick of so many people acting like complete douches on here. It's like people are incapable of replying nicely and like to try and belittle others. For some reason it seems to be common practice here.

Also didn't comment on whether consuming a lot at one time has any effect on fat gains.
    maybe hes being rude for the same reason your post is unneeded, if you used the search...or heck read the STICKIES before creating this you would have your answer and knowledge
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry people were rude to you here.

There is no definitive answer as to how much exactly, it's not unlimited but it's also not 30.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Unregistered Sex Offender Bramble's Avatar
    Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Whatever amount you consume is the amount that will be "processed." It's shocking, but true. Yes, a human can eat chicken, steak or even fish and actually utilize the protein contained therein.

And if you decide to consume 50 grams of protein from processed fast food (and that's what a protein shake is), then your body will unitize that too.

P.S. You may have heard that the earth is flat. That's not true either.
    so a single 200 gram protein shake will have the same effects on body composition as multiple smaller shakes?
    My are your are birds are all and one gone away the they
    ಠ_ಠ

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    so a single 200 gram protein shake will have the same effects on body composition as multiple smaller shakes?
    In terms of direct impact on bodyweight, yes, but drinking that much fluid at once would likely result in a large number of bathroom runs and thus it would indirectly burn extra calories.

That said, consuming so much of your daily intake of protein from a processed fast food is likely a very bad idea.

Unregistered Sex Offender Bramble's Avatar
    Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In terms of direct impact on bodyweight, yes, but drinking that much fluid at once would likely result in a large number of bathroom runs and thus it would indirectly burn extra calories.

That said, consuming so much of your daily intake of protein from a processed fast food is likely a very bad idea.
    in the terms of bodyweight i would agree but lets say someone trying to gain muscle.

I no longer believe in this 30 grams of protein per hour crap and i routinely sit down and eat 1kg+ hunks of meat(i love IF), but the thing is with solid foods it takes hours to digest so its a fairly slow release of protein. Shakes however (especially on an empty stomach) is a massive unnatural rush of protein all at once. 200grams worth of whey will be absorbed within an hour. i honestly cant see how that would be optimal for muscle gain. Surely the body will use some of it for muscle and the excess will simply be broken down and converted to usable energy
    My are your are birds are all and one gone away the they
    ಠ_ಠ

Originally Posted by Bramble View Post
    200grams worth of whey will be absorbed within an hour.
    No, it will not be "absorbed" within an hour. The rate of absorption of whey protein is ~10 grams/hour.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

When you put on muscle, you put on some fat. If you are putting on more fat than you would like, then it's because you are eating too much. How many grams of protein you eat at once, has nothing to do with it.

DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBubzy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

u done cryin?
    "Overtraining" - sponsoring fukarounditis & half a$sed workouts since 1991

"Its quite hard to hit Calories equal to macros." -LDNpeter

^This is why the Nutrition section can't have nice things.

"Look son, there comes a time in every man's life when he has to make a decision. Do you want to be big, powerful, jacked, yoked up, have women everywhere want you and men fear you . . . or do you want to do crossfit?"

maybe hes being rude for the same reason your post is unneeded, if you used the search...or heck read the STICKIES before creating this you would have your answer and knowledge
    Except there was more to my question. And if he was THAT annoyed about me posting this, then he could've just ignored it. Your reasoning doesn't justify his response at all.
    u done cryin?
    Thanks for that. Mature. Expecting people on a discussion forum to discuss things in a civil and polite way is not too much to ask. The old stereotype of all bodybuilders being dicks just gets reinforced by people like you.

Have you a daily macro total? What are you doing right now for total nutrition?
    Yeah, worked it out as:

2315 calories maintenance
    so 2615 calories for growth

220g carbs
    262g protein
    84g fat

And I'm meeting that every day, not usually exceeding it, working hard at the gym yet putting on fat. Then again, I think I put on most of the fat during the few months where I hadn't worked out macros and was just eating loads - a lot of fatty peanuts and semi-skimmed milk, so it could be the case that I'm actually not putting on that much more fat now, it's just that I already had a load from the time when I had absolutely no plan, lol.

When you put on muscle, you put on some fat. If you are putting on more fat than you would like, then it's because you are eating too much. How many grams of protein you eat at once, has nothing to do with it.
    Yeah, I thought that. Just I've put on fat without really eating that much - only a little over maintenance, aside from the first month or so where I was likely eating WAY over maintenance as mentioned earlier in this post.

Gonna expand on that or just keep repeating it? Sounding broscience if you're not gonna expand on it. Unless you're just trying to make the point that it's 'fast' food because it's quick to make, in which case yeahhhh we get it.

Thanks for the replies, most of you.
    Last edited by Dume; 01-18-2013 at 09:23 AM.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Asking to be spoonfed information, then complaining about the manner it's delivered in.....

The flat earth analogy is simply pointing out that your suspicions were based on outdated theories. Yet you chose to make it personal

We're not a paid service you know. People here give away valuable knowledge everyday for no reward. Heaven forbid the answers aren't sugar coated to your liking.
    Delirious Mutant.

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Asking to be spoonfed information, then complaining about the manner it's delivered in.....

The flat earth analogy is simply pointing out that your suspicions were based on outdated theories. Yet you chose to make it personal

We're not a paid service you know. People here give away valuable knowledge everyday for no reward. Heaven forbid the answers aren't sugar coated to your liking.
    Pointing out that it was based on outdated theories would be saying 'Hey, that's based on outdated theories'. That way there's no patronising tone.

And it's not about 'sugar coating' answers, it's about being decent to people. If people have some problem with me asking this (a question which was basically just confirming stuff I knew and eliminating a bit of confusion) then they can just ignore the topic rather than taking the opportunity to be unpleasant. I want answers, not answers + attitude. That's not an unreasonable request at all. Attitude creates an atmosphere to the conversation, and can take it way off topic too. It's all just basic forum conduct.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, it will not be "absorbed" within an hour. The rate of absorption of whey protein is ~10 grams/hour.
    wasnt there some article talking about fat/carb intake with whey can also affect the absorption rate?

Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tdiguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Pointing out that it was based on outdated theories would be saying 'Hey, that's based on outdated theories'. That way there's no patronising tone.

And it's not about 'sugar coating' answers, it's about being decent to people. If people have some problem with me asking this (a question which was basically just confirming stuff I knew and eliminating a bit of confusion) then they can just ignore the topic rather than taking the opportunity to be unpleasant. I want answers, not answers + attitude. That's not an unreasonable request at all. Attitude creates an atmosphere to the conversation, and can take it way off topic too. It's all just basic forum conduct.
    You know what the best forum conduct is?? .... Use the search button.
    "Voracious Overeaters Crew" (JasonDB) lol

Starting weight 235 lbs(April 2012) - Oct 29/12 159.1 lbs (FAIL)

Starting weight again 230 -235 lbs May 2015 - Nov 2015.. 211.9

Bulking

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, worked it out as:

2315 calories maintenance
    so 2615 calories for growth

420g carbs
    262g protein
    84g fat
    that's like 3400 calories....

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    That is what I came up with just now. Part of the problem perhaps OP?
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gus85tenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    link to this? very interested

alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    about the general rudeness of most BBers, on the one hand i agree with you that it's sickening that most people are patronising here. on the other hand, put yourself in their shoes and you have to constantly ask the SAME questions over and over again and i guess one just gets a little jaded. and it's the internet dude, you can't expect people to be "polite" lmfao

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    omg it is

OP you dun goof'd
    inb4 manlet
    inb4 stats

My training log http://bbcom.me/13i2IBv <---- will measly rep for srs comments & criticism !

Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000) Hitch23 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bumping this to see OP's reaction

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cannot believe people still ask this question.

The human body is very efficient as processing/absorbing protein from the food you eat -- you can count on "absorbing" all of it basically, but that is not the same as synthesizing all of it.

The question of how much can I absorb "at one time" has no measurable answer because you're always absorbing what you eat, long after it passes through your stomach.

Roughly 50% of the protein from high-quality milk sources are absorbed by the time it's about 1/2 way through your small intestine.

Another 40% is absorbed in the later half of the small inestine..

And another 10% in the colon or so.

Considering that the transit time from stomach to 1/2 through the small intestine varies between person to person, the "RATE" at which you absorb things will differ between people, but the total amount over time that gets absorbed will be basically everything you eat. Theoretically, there will be a limit to the maximum serum albumin level a person can have, but that will not be the limiting factor in cases like this -- the limiting factor is MPS.

So, in short, you absorb everything you eat from protein pretty much, but the rate at which you absorb will vary depending on your body. However, that isn't as important as you seem to think.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gus85tenacity View Post
    link to this? very interested
    kablamm

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

BTW, OP, you obviously are doing the research and the second guessing it. I feel you pain. We gotta be skeptical and who should we believe. The problem is they assume you'll believe the correct of the two options. That's often not the case since misinformation is spread by droves!

Stick with the stickies and comments made by people like Wonderpug and AlwaysTryin.. Or carbe your own path and find things out teh hard way.

Also, have some respect.. These guys answer the same ****ing question thousands of times and they still take the time to type it up again for you. And they aren't copying and pasting a script like i would... they arent even just giving you links... they are actually explaining it... i wouldnt
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NCB1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good question, was wondering the same

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

There is nothing wrong with what you asked. If people get annoyed with being asked the same questions over and over again then they are in the wrong place. This is a forum open for discussion.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    There is nothing wrong with what you asked.
    I'm just astonished that a 200+ pound individual might believe that his body can not digest and metabolize more than 30 grams of protein at one time, but I guess it's, in part, an indication of how effective supplement marketing is...and how harmful such misinformation can be to logic let alone dietary habits.